• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] Shooting Laval Dragon

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
  • I actually plan on making this deck which is why it doesn't include Card Car D because they're simply too expensive.

[Monsters - 18]
    1x Battle Fader
    2x Boost Warrior
    1x Effect Veiler
    2x Flamvell Firedog
    1x Gorz The Emissary of Darkness
    2x Laval Lakeside Lady
    3x Laval Magma Cannoneer
    3x Laval Volcano Handmaiden
    3x Swift Scarecrow

[Spells - 16]
    1x Burial From a Different Dimension
    1x Dark Hole
    1x Foolish Burial
    1x Heavy Storm
    1x Monster Reborn
    2x Mystical Space Typhoons
    1x One for One
    2x Pot of Duality
    3x Rekindling
    3x Sweltering Heat Transmission Field

[Traps - 6]
    1x Mirror Force
    2x Solemn Warning
    3x Reckless Greed

[Extra - 15]
    1x Ally of Justice Catastor
    1x Black Rose Dragon
    1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
    1x Formula Synchron
    1x Laval Dual Slasher
    2x Lavalval Dragon
    1x Mist Wurm
    1x Scrap Dragon
    1x Shooting Quasar Dragon
    1x Shooting Star Dragon
    1x Stardust Dragon
    1x T.G. Hyper Librarian
    2x Number 39: Utopia

The aim of this deck is to use Volcano Handmaiden's effect to dump my monsters into the grave and bring them back with rekindling. I synchro two level five monsters, preferably Librarian and Lavalval Dragon. Dragon's effect bounces my opponent's field. If I have a level one monster in my hand or One for One I can use the remaining Handmaiden for Fomula Synchron. Then I proceed to synch formula with my two level 5s for Quasar. Since Dragon cleared the field I and Quasar attacks twice that's pretty much OTK.

So what do you guys think?

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • I think this is a worse version of the standard OTK deck; you should focus on rushing your win condition (REKINDLING REKINDLING REKINDLING), and cards that further that goal like Gold Sarcophagus (and Pot of Duality too!) should take priority over things like BfDD (why would you even run BfDD?). Copies of Laval Cannon are very helpful for an alternative plan as well as acting as a pseudo-BfDD. Triple Cannoneer is not 100% necessary. Forest Sprite is a top-tier pick if you're running Firedog, and I highly recommend it, but I'd say just cut the Firedog engine altogether if you want to combo - the same goes for copies of MST (Gold Sarcophagus for Heavy Storm! Win game. Also, Lakeside Lady is free MST sort of).

Battle Fader and Swift Scarecrow are just weird. :X

Back