• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] Solemn Warning...Curse you Konami

Drekin

We all live in a...
Years
    Years
  • Let me get this straight. You are complaining about Konami making a £50 card available for around £20. Are you kidding me? You have NOTHING to complain about. This is one of the few instances where Konami is actually doing a FAVOUR to the player base and you have the nerve to whine and complain about it. You need to re-evaluate your logic because it is currently flawed.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • solemn warning gets the reprint like pot of duality. yes please. you have no right to complain as it makes a really hard to get card, EASIER TO GET

Years
  • Happy Fabio is happy!
    This is the reason I have stopped even trying to get SW; I will bling it out when they go down in price.​

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • This seems like a good thing, but at the same time I am mildly disappointed in Konami - they've blown up the secondary market yet again. >_> (Not like I didn't expect this, but still... eh.)

At least Illumiknight isn't unplayable. : v

Years
  • I'm sorry but people should not be playing YGO to try and make a profit. The game is meant to be played for entertainment purposes. If one really wanted to play a TCG to get some income then MTG is a much better game. A good solid MTG pro player can actually financially manage themselves with the card game alone as the prizes at events and such are very generous. It's pretty obvious that Konami doesn't give a damn about the secondary market anyway - they prohibit people from selling cards at their events except for their own certified vendors.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • I'm sorry but people should not be playing YGO to try and make a profit. The game is meant to be played for entertainment purposes. If one really wanted to play a TCG to get some income then MTG is a much better game. A good solid MTG pro player can actually financially manage themselves with the card game alone as the prizes at events and such are very generous. It's pretty obvious that Konami doesn't give a damn about the secondary market anyway - they prohibit people from selling cards at their events except for their own certified vendors.

This x92034529801241.
    A card going above $50 is unreasonable. No matter how broken it is, or hard it is to get. An example is Tour Guide, when it was first release no one gave a damn about it. Kevin Tewart's xyz ruling took place and it became $200 overnight.
    I mean, the tour guide > sangan was amazing, but wasting $600+ on a 3 pieces of card is just plain stupid.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • See, though, the problem is - it's not exactly the secondary market's fault. The concept of supply and demand exists, but the TCG has this accursed rarity named SECRET RARE that apparently anything good has to be minted at. Some cards are more expensive than others in the OCG, yes, but it's not nearly as ridiculous as the TCG prices. The problem precisely is that Konami doesn't care about the secondary market - but Konami knows how the secondary market operates and makes a large profit off of it both when they first print a chase rare and when they reprint it in a tin. (e.g. DREV has PoD and Solemn Warning as Secret Rares, and so DREV sells very well - a couple months later Konami randomly reprints these cards as tin rares, causing tin sales to ball out of control as well because casuals can't afford those expensive cards in their DREV form)

Back