• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] Tier 1 Post September?

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014

Top Tier: Thoughts?

What does everyone think will be T1 Post September ban list? Will the current T1 decks still stay on the list or will they die to Konami's 'list knife?

My thoughts:

T1 changes:
    -2 Frog decks (Reason: Because of the FTK they will probably ban not only Mass Driver but some of the Frog stuff as well, making the monarch variant unplayable or inconsistent)
    What should be done:
    -1 Infernity deck (Reason: This is not going to happen because they have not won any recent tourneys but they still need to get hit.)
    x X-Sabers (Reason: They are an okay deck. Not overpowered, just good. I see no reason why they should not be T1. Unfortunately for them because of a few recent tourney wins they might get hit badly)

Newbies in the T1:
    +1 Fabled Deck (Reason: Their effect's costs give pluses and they can synchro spam as well as the current T1s. Yeah.)

Possible T1:
    +1 Watt Deck (Reason: This archetype is very underrated. With the support it's going to get in upcoming packs it's going to be a very solid stall/aggro build that could possibly become competitive.)
    +1 Scrap Deck (Reason: This deck is really good and their effects trigger themselves. They get their boss monster out relatively easy and they have good support/effects; possibly the new sabers.)

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • I doubt they'll ban Mass Driver or any of the Frog stuff. The OTK is good, but it's not unstoppable or anything, and you can side against it easily. It's not like the Dewlauren OTK that used to be the OTK of choice for Frogs.

I think Infernity Archfiend will become limited. And then Infernities will be like Gladiator Beasts, and Archfiend will be like Bestiari. If it's not RFG'd, good. If it is, you're crippled.

Fabled will likely be tier 2 to tier 1.5. It doesn't have a really good late game, and none of its monsters have supernova-style power levels. It plays a good advantage game though.

Watts aren't very good. They die too easily.

Scraps seem good, with its arsenal of ridiculous spells and instant synchro tactics.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I doubt they'll ban Mass Driver or any of the Frog stuff. The OTK is good, but it's not unstoppable or anything, and you can side against it easily. It's not like the Dewlauren OTK that used to be the OTK of choice for Frogs.

I think Infernity Archfiend will become limited. And then Infernities will be like Gladiator Beasts, and Archfiend will be like Bestiari. If it's not RFG'd, good. If it is, you're crippled.

Fabled will likely be tier 2 to tier 1.5. It doesn't have a really good late game, and none of its monsters have supernova-style power levels. It plays a good advantage game though.

Watts aren't very good. They die too easily.

Scraps seem good, with its arsenal of ridiculous spells and instant synchro tactics.

The thing is that FTK's are totally unfair because they don't allow any retaliation :(

For Fabled, I wonder why they thought it was a good idea to get field advantage for your activation costs.

And I still don't care much about Watts, since they ruined the Thunder-type attribute for me.

I love Scrap.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Fableds are overhyped then, because over at Pojo for awhile everyone was scared of their released. :P

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Fableds are overhyped then, because over at Pojo for awhile everyone was scared of their released. :P

I think what they were scared of the most was the card arts on them. Damn, those things are terrifying.

400px-TheFabledCerburrelDT07-DSPR-DT.jpg

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Lol. Oh, and I forgot:

To T1:
    +1 Dragunities (Reason: They have many ridiculous combos that bring out powerful monsters and quickly special summon. A generaly hard decktype to beat)

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Dragunities will definitely be tier 2. I'm not sure if they're tier 1 though.

OH! And, and! Frog OTK/FTK gets stopped by Hanewata. Infernity OTK gets stopped by Battle Fader. It's not as hard as you think. =D

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I never thought it was hard. Without a side it would be hard to beat them, which is the whole point.

To be honest I think it's too early for this kind of thing but I do believe Dragunities will be at the very least tier 1.5.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Mass Diver isn't the problem with frogs...Ronintoadin is.

Regardless of Infernity placing in tournaments,it is still the best deck of the format. Next to Frog FTK. These 2 decks have consistent otk/ftk potential which makes better than any other deck of the format. Even though Sabers are the most played deck of the format.

Rescue Cat/Cold Wave may be banned.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2013
    Dragunities will definitely be tier 2. I'm not sure if they're tier 1 though.

OH! And, and! Frog OTK/FTK gets stopped by Hanewata. Infernity OTK gets stopped by Battle Fader. It's not as hard as you think. =D

That is incorrect. Let me present you with the following situations:

Infernity Player X sets up on you first turn with Mist Wurm, Infernity Doom Dragon, Brionac, Catastor, and Archfiend. They try attacking and you drop Fader.

Now what? If you're running a Fader then you're obviously playing Frog Monarchs. What's your next play? Drop a Caius? Next turn they Brionac your Caius and go for game again. Or, if you Caius the Brio, they just attack over it and go for game. Fader doesn't beat Infernity; it only postpones your death.

Same thing with Hanewata. If you have no way of dealing with Mass Driver or removing both Ronins from the grave, Hanewata's a useless card.

Mass Diver isn't the problem with frogs...Ronintoadin is.

Regardless of Infernity placing in tournaments,it is still the best deck of the format. Next to Frog FTK. These 2 decks have consistent otk/ftk potential which makes better than any other deck of the format. Even though Sabers are the most played deck of the format.

Rescue Cat/Cold Wave may be banned.

I agree that Infernities are the best; problem is, nobody in the USA knows how to play them well. I think FTK is on par with Sabers if it's played correctly, but that Infernities edge it out, because the deck still has options if you try to mess with it.

Also, you're correct with the Ronintoadin statement. Problem is, I don't think Konami understands that, and will instead attack Substitoad (which is broken in its own right), when in reality only one of them needs to go.

Cat will be banned for sure, and I think Cold Wave needs to be as well, but again, Konami will not see that.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I believe a lot of players know how to play them well. I understand that you can be referring to the amount of Infernites decks between the US and Canadian Nationals. As explosive as Infernity are as a deck type, the deck does have tempo problems in an aggressive format. The deck may be touches, but Barrier should stay at 3 being that is it an exclusive, which may make the deck still top tier next format,

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Mass Driver sucks. Anything that makes Driver broken is broken itself.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2013
    We all know Substitoad is broken.

Yeah, but the FTK doesn't function without Ronin. Substitoad makes Frognarchs viable and tier 1. Without Substitoad, the deck becomes significantly slower and not nearly as good. Our format right now only lasts a few turns, and if the frog monarch deck spends three turns drawing into one of their five treeborns (assuming substitoad is banned), then they're likely going to lose, considering they then waste the next turn dumping froggie.

Substitoad is very very very good, but it's Ronin that needs to go.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Yeah, but the FTK doesn't function without Ronin. Substitoad makes Frognarchs viable and tier 1. Without Substitoad, the deck becomes significantly slower and not nearly as good. Our format right now only lasts a few turns, and if the frog monarch deck spends three turns drawing into one of their five treeborns (assuming substitoad is banned), then they're likely going to lose, considering they then waste the next turn dumping froggie.

Substitoad is very very very good, but it's Ronin that needs to go.

I agree that most of the problem lies in Ronintoadin, not Substitoad. I mean, what were they thinking when they left out the "When this card is removed from the Field after being Special Summoned by its own effect, remove it from play."?

Back