• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You are green!?! DISLIKE!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't mind object based pokemon, in fact I like quite a few of them. People are definitely too obsessed with pokemon having to look like animals. I really don't see the problem with a few pokemon like Magnemite or Bronzor.

Obviously the laws of nature work differently in the pokemon world.

I don't think I'll ever fully understand what makes people hate these pokemon so much.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    There is only a few Pokes I hate with all my heart. The rest I either Love, Like, or dont care about. The Pokes I hate are mostly from Gen III and V. Mainly I hate the ice cream cone evos...And Hydreigon. Hydreigon scares me..And the Ice cream cones seems like whoever was coming up with Pokes at the time was eating ice cream and couldnt come up with Pokes..

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Most of the new ones just don't look like pokemon... they look more like either a little kid's drawing, or some mechanized killing machine. Not like real animals.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    ...because the old ones did? O.o

I forgot to mention that I also tend to dislike Pokemon that everybody uses. Well, not really dislike, but it's hard for me to use a popular Pokemon on my team more than once and I can't ever say that my favorite Pokemon is, say, Charizard or something. I don't really know why, I guess it's because originality is so important to me. I used to love Eeveelutions, but now...you know. It's not that I dislike them, it's more like I can't like them as much because everybody else does.

...that sounds so retarded.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    I strongly dislike legendary and psuedo-legendary Pokemon, because everyone uses them. They're just a bunch of overpowered meat shields, in my opinion.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I don't like most object based Pokemon. I know the Pokemon world is one that is removed from science, but my nerd side screams every time I see a apparently organic creature that somehow evolved (scientific evolution, not level-up evolution) to look like an object. But really, if the design is good, I don't mind as much.

Otherwise, I also dislike pretentious Pokemon. As in: Pokemon that are trying way too hard to look a certain way. Like how they try to make every baby Pokemon cute.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    It's pretty much every Pokemon that looks uncreative. Like the ice cream trio. I saw them on the Pokemon Black website and I literally facepalmed. It's not like they're that out of ideas to make such a pathetically uncreative Pokemon. Another annoying one is Grimer. It's basically a blob of animated sludge.

I also really dislike super-ugly Pokemon. There was this garbage-Pokemon (I forgot its name) in Pokemon Black, and the first time I saw it, I made it faint straight away. It was that bad. >.<

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Yes, I hate object based Pokemon. This is so against the laws of nature, even in the Pokemon world!

Yep. Those are stupid. For some reason, I imagine the next object-based Pokemon to be a cup of coffee then it's evolution would be a coffee maker. I hope I'm wrong.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
    Yep. Those are stupid. For some reason, I imagine the next object-based Pokemon to be a cup of coffee then it's evolution would be a coffee maker. I hope I'm wrong.

Dang, you jinxed it XD

But really,I feel like some of the gen V pokemon are just not well thought out. Yamask? Come on.

Years
    There are some exceptions, but I'm not overly fond of the pokémon that look like flowers/plants etc.

Also, again there are some exceptions but I'm not a huge fan either of the pokémon that are supposed to be stereotypically cute.

I can't say I'm not a fan of ugly pokémon, cause beauty's in the eye of the beholder lol :)

Last edited:

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I mainly hate Pokemon that strongly resemble humans or real life animals. I like to play the game to escape reality, I hate when Pokemon remind me of something in real life or when they look just... Weird, like someone just had to come up with something last minute, like Trubbish. (Although I love the name.) I want Pokemon to go back to being original.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm not fond of Pokemon who aren't really strong and are just plain useless. Magikarp for example, doesn't do anything for you, isn't good at battle, and can't learn any HM's.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I only dislike a Pokemon if I don't find its design to be all that great. Other than that, though, I pretty much like 'em or have no opinion about them.

Oshige

My life is just a dream
    Years
    My main reason would be appendices. If a Pokemon is ugly then most likely i wont like it but i choose good appearance by color shape facial expressions and extras like wings and tails.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    It's pretty much every Pokemon that looks uncreative. Like the ice cream trio. I saw them on the Pokemon Black website and I literally facepalmed. It's not like they're that out of ideas to make such a pathetically uncreative Pokemon. Another annoying one is Grimer. It's basically a blob of animated sludge.

I also really dislike super-ugly Pokemon. There was this garbage-Pokemon (I forgot its name) in Pokemon Black, and the first time I saw it, I made it faint straight away. It was that bad. >.<
    That would be trubbish

Trubbish is a bag of trash
    but sometimes it hits with a mighty big thrash!
    Actually I would like to make it go smash!

ahh poetry....its got me addicted now

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
    Object based Pokemon just don't seem right. That rubbish Pokemon for example. Seriously, who in their senses would have a bag of trash as their pet?

Me.

But then I also went nuts over Shedinja, the dead insect husk pokemon...

On topic, I hate most object-based pokemon. Except Trubbish.
    I hate Jynx. Could she have been made any more ugly??
    I hate the fairy-type pokemon. Clefairy, Jigglypuff, etc. There is nothing about a ball of pink that appeals to me. This includes the god-awful Lickitung evolution.

Shiny Zapdos. Really? It's another shade of yellow. How freaking lame! That's totally not worth getting.
    Really any shiny where they look almost exactly alike.

Ground type pokemon who learn the move Mud Sport.

Back