• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Best Buddy

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    With only 1 remaining line of pokemon before I essentially complete my home country's pokedex, I have to walk a fortune in order to attain those long awaited candies.

I had to walk approximately 150 km with my best and original buddy And starter Charmander (only caught 7 in the wild) during my first installment before I realized I have no Charmamder with great IVs and Charizard is one of my favorites of all time. Charmander is again my buddy for the 2nd time around and I currently walked more than 50km and counting.

As such, I have accumulated more than 200km with this best buddy of mine. Once I am done with this (last 20 candies yay but I am not banking on spawns), I can shift my focus to either Gen II investments or for gym Battle power ups (e.g. Snorlax, Lapras, Dragonite etc.)

What's your personal best buddy pick you've walked the most?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    I biked over 300 km with Dratini during the Halloween event, earning 200 Dratini candies. I found when I bike at my normal speed, I get 10 km worth of candies when I bike 20 km. Only by staying below 12 kph was I able to increase this. 12 kph is a slow biking speed, but if you stay below it, you get full credit for each km.

Years
    i dont even know how far it took, but i walked with Grimer for 43 candies until i finally had enough for a Muk
    Have only caught/encountered 2 Grimers my whole time playing GO

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    I currently have over 125km logged on one of my Lapras and one of my Dragonite. I need those candies for powerups!

As a side note, I kinda wish extra candy can be awarded when you hit milestones. Walking 100km with one Pokémon has to count for something, right? Maybe?

Back