• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite Generation and Region?

Eagledelt

=)?
Years
  • Favourite Generation: Gen 2 - So many cool Pokemon, the best games you had, 16 Gyms, 1 Elite Four and 1 epic battle :b
    Favourite Region: HOENN! By far the coolest region, volcanos, deserts, so many sea. It is also the one with the best storyline, in my opinion. Sinnoh comes after this, loved the region itself, however the graphics may helped a bit xP

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Johto by a long run. It's just so nostalgic and they have a good league, good Pokemon and it's just the best overall. :D

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • No competition whatsoever, the original two generations, Kanto and Johto. I am a classics gal and Hoenn + was such crap.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My favourite generation has got to be gen IV. After the massive disappointment of gen III, which nearly made me drop the series entirely, I was amazed that gen IV sucked me in so easily. I fell in love with Cherrim, actually bothered to complete my Pokedex, and actually did some endgame stuff! It just brought so much to the table gameplay-wise and world-wise and I just... I love it. It's just so great.

Region? I'm a bit tempted to say Sinnoh simply because I associate my favourite gen with it... obviously. But I also really, really enjoyed playing through Unova and I think that's where my vote is going to go. I liked not being required to drag an HM Slave everywhere with me, the variety was a bit more interesting (or at least, it was nice to not run into a million Tentacool, a million Zubat, etc.) and it kept things interesting. I'm not fully sold on it because I find it difficult to remember where things are even after playing BW twice but... oh well!

MikeyOak

Gary Oak wannabe
    Years
  • Based on actual gen pokemon, geography and story
    1) Hoenn - Awesome pokemon and storyline, also really liked the diversity of the region with volcanoes, deserts and ingame weather. music wasn't great but it hasnt had DS appearance yet so cant be slated too much.
    2) Kanto- Originals are hard to beat and I only place it below Hoenn due to a lack of diversity and a lack of post game content but still a classic and the original 151 will always be the best set.
    3) Johto, HG/SS IMO is the best set of games so far, gold and silver were so enjoyable and with Kanto also in the game its just brilliant, Johto had an interesting map and great game plot and I always found it enjoyable, also theres always something fun to do on HG/SS the only thing that lets it down is that the pokemon release din this region weren't as good as 1st or 3rd. ANNNND It had the S.S. Aqua music, which is just the best game music ever
    4) Unova, Black and white are revolutionary games to the series and the whole plot of the games and actual gameplay was on a new level, but I hate the geography and over half the new gen pokemon just look rubbish, the legendaries look more like mechs than creatures and some designs just lacked imagination, also the whole circular region with no middle bit hacked me off.
    5) Sinnoh, Liked most of the pokemon but the story was boring, Team Plasma's plan was just a bit meh and lacked any interest personally and I hate the map they gave us. Still an enjoyable game due to it being a member of the pokemon franchise, alos the legendaries were verging towards mechs at this point

Back