• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    My first shiny I got was a shiny Pidgey in Fire Red.

The next day, which was the release day of Diamond, I got a shiny Starly XD.

Exon

Hacker in Training
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    Well, since I'm JUST now getting Platinum, my first in the game would have to be Giratina in the distortion world, though I soft-reset for almost 3 hours to get it. Hmmm...after that I VERY recently ran into a random shiny meditite while EV training my elelctabuzz up for E4. In all, not counting sr'ing for legendaries/starters or using the RNG method, I've only found three, in this exact order:

PKMN GOLD- Machop
    PKMN DIAMOND- Whiscash while fishing in coronet..o.0 ...what a waste of good luck that was...
    and
    PKMN PLAT.- That meditite

Years
  • My first shiny I got the other day through a trade which was gamestop pichu. I think I'm cursed. I found out about pokemon at least four years ago, I have all games exept pokemon ranger shadows of almia, and mystery dongeon rescues teams, and gbc games. Not a single shiny.... :(

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Gosh thats a hard question! *thinks*....*thinks* I think it was a roming shiny bagon in my pearl version! And for platinum it was an abra in the route before veilstone city!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    A bronzor in wayward cave. Then, less than half an hour later, a shiny machop in mt. coronet.

salot

Gomu Gomu no Jet Pistol(K.O)
    Years
  • today i captured my first shiny clefairy yeah i am on chain right now of 41 can i continue to find another shiny clefairy?

Phantom Kat

A Daydreamer Longing To Write
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    The first shiny I encountered was a shiny Piplup when I started a new game without erasing my old game in Pearl, which meant I couldn't save. I was so crushed. D: I was in Mexico at the time, alone with my dad in the car. When I went all happy then mopey, he was all like, "Que the pasa?" (What's going on with you?) I was all like, "Nada, solo algo que me paso en mi video juego. ;-;" (Nothing, just something that happened to me in my video game.)

However, about a week later, my Gastly chain near Hearthrome was broken by a shiny Bibarel. of course, I would have much preferred having a shiny Piplup than a shiny Bibarel, but it was my first shiny I managed to snag, so I was on cloud nine.

- Kat

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    In Pokémon Diamond, I was using my Pokéradar in the snow to find a Snorunt. While searching, I was extremely surprised to see that I found a shiny Sneasel. I took me a few attempts, but I managed to catch it.
    It is (up to date) my only shiny Pokémon I have ever caught.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My first shiny would be my Shiny Combee that my Pair ever so gave to me~ ♥ Haven't seen one to catch yet, though.

LoneStarAkira

This place is cooler already!
    Years
  • My first shiny on DPPt was Starly back in November 2007 (though I'd found several Gen 3 shinies already by that time). I was failing at chaining, as usual, though I was rather proud of myself getting past a chain of 10. I was at a chain of 13, and I went into a regular patch, and the screen flashed black as the encounter began...

...next thing I see is a brown Starly sparkling at me. :'D Funny, how I was trying to chain them, and I found a random one in the process. My Platinum game's luck boomed after that encounter~ He's now a permanent party member on that game.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    They probably mean Fire Red.

Ah right didn't think of that my bad haha

I remember my friend talked about a Blue Voltorb and I didn't know about shiny Pokes at the time and when I saw it I thought it was a glitch lol

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Myfirst shiny in D/P/Pt was a Shinx. I new have around 8 that I didn't obtain through trading, nor RNG abuse. Some were migrated from my 3rd gen versions, but they were all caught in the wild through shear luck. :) 

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back