• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your opinion on Smeargle?

What Is Smeargle to you?

• Good

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Bad

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    She's quite clearly the best moderator on PC. XD

Thank you sir, but now I question my genitalia.

Anyway, I love Smeargle. I have no problems using it, though I rarely do competitive battling. I love the versatility, even though I don't use Smeargle for attacking; mainly set ups. Stat wise, the artist ain't beautiful, but other than that, best Pokemon ever along with Umbreon, Quilava, Wartortle, and Nidorina.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    It's hilarious to battle my eight year old cousin with my Smeargle whip out a Sleep powder+Substitute+Leech seed+Meteor mash(x) combo

Little bugger hasn't figured out that he could always just use a Pokemon that has the Insomniac ability, and then take me out before I can substitute+leech seed him :P

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I've always had a fondness for Smeargle. It's a clever idea, with it being able to learn any move. It's the Blue Mage of Pokemon. Stats I don't particularly care about, especially since I don't do competitive battling. One day I might, I repeat might, use a Smeargle in-game. If it's available early enough. And if I can get a good moveset for it...

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
    i remember i gave one smeargle spacial rend, roar of time, judgement and dark void just for the sake of it. with smeargle this is no exclusive moves.

Years
    Pretty awesome, in my opinion. Like some people said, teach it Lock-On and 3 OHKO's and you've got yourself a formidable Poke.

A lot of people say it's useful for breeding Pokemon with certain moves, and I had no idea you could make an egg learn a move. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    Good luck, Objection, I'd also like to know...

I love Smeargle! Ever since I first saw him, I've loved him. Wonder where you catch him in HG/SS

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    I only found out what it could do shamefully recently, so I've never actually had one... However, purely from theorising with my awesome brain (and totally nothing to do with it being plastered all over bulbapedia), I can see it'd be awesome for getting egg moves. Stats suck though, but hey I'm using a sableye, I can't really complain about low stats.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    Pretty awesome, in my opinion. Like some people said, teach it Lock-On and 3 OHKO's and you've got yourself a formidable Poke.

An then I come along with a pokemon that has "Sturdy" as its ability lol or a pokemon with substitute. Smeargle is useless then Bahaha!

Back on topic, I like smeargle. Not the best stats but then that's logical as it can learn any move. If it had great stats and it could learn any move then it would be too powerful wouldn't it?

I think next time I start over on one of my games I may consider it for my team as I've never really used it before.

Back