• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Pokémon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Try competitive battling and this will happen: Steelix makes Crobat cry; any decent Water/Ice Pokemon will obliterate Salamence and Groudon; and as for Pelipper, its stats are so crap (minus Def) that it can be taken down by nearly anything that is 10 levels below it. Also, Groudon and all legendaries are banned in competitive battling so there goes what I'm presuming is your strongest Pokemon. If I sound harsh I aplogise, but it's only because you need to realise that your team is not as good as you think. I made the same mistake many times until I realised about 3-4 months ago.
    Now for some advice, ditch Groudon and Pelipper. Breed Salamence and Crobat and EV train them. Then read the FAQ about Pokemon movesets on GameFAQS under Pokemon Emerald. It tells you everything you need about putting together a good team. Good Luck.
    Correction: Not all legendary Pokémon are considered Ubers and are banned. Here's the uber list:

Mew
    Mewtwo
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Lugia
    Ho-oh
    Wobbuffet
    Wynaut (though I personally think its stats aren't good enough for it to be considered Uber. It isn't nearly as durable as Wobbuffet that can only take 2 or 3 hits anyway.)
    Latios
    Latias
    Deoxys

I might have missed out something, but those are the Pokémon banned from competitive battling, (unless, of course, it's an Uber battle in which case both participants use the Pokémon listed above, meaning neither has an advantage because of the Pokémon they use.) every other Pokémon can be freely used in OU battles.

But yeah... I agree with you that Groudon/Pelipper/Crobat/Salamence team is pretty easy to beat. Starmie wipes out everything but Groudon and Groudon can be taken out by another fast Pokémon with good Sp.Attack and Ice Beam after Starmie has done some damage to it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    dam my emerrald rom!, the thing keeps deleting :( . guess ill actually have to buy the game :(:(:( haha its ok.

firered rom now :)

team
    charmeleon 24
    oddish 23
    pidgeotto 23
    magikarp 9 (training 4 gyarados)

ill have tyranitar and dragonite :) pidgeotto will be gone once i get stronger

Darkside

Michael Myers
    Years
    Okay, so, this team works quite well in LeafGreen, because i have only Leafgreen and emerald, i will post emerald team later.
    Charizard:

Dragon Claw
    Aerial Ace
    Heat Wave
    Flamethrower

These are good only if Charizard has Lonely or Adamant nature. Quiet goes also well. Charcoal or Leftovers are good for it to have, because it has quite bad Defense and Sp. Defense.

Blastoise:
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Body Slam
    Surf

These do great damage for any pokemon, and because Blastoise is Water type, Surfs and Hydro Pumps power is boosted. Ice Beam takes care of Grass type, and electric type take good damage from Surf and Body slam. Also, Body slam Paralyzes quick opponents and leaves them to mercy of Blastoise. Mystic Water and Leftovers are good for Blastoise.

Venusaur:
    Sludge Bomb
    Giga drain (use PP Max, recommended)
    Frenzy Plant/Sunny Day
    Solarbeam

If you choose Sunny Day, it will give advantage to Venusaur because of Solarbeam.
    Sludge Bomb is good if enemy ha good Sp. Defense, and has good damage, AND also poisons. Giga Drain sucks energy well and with PP Max used in it, can be used more than just 5 times. Good natures: Careful
    ---------------------------------------------

Other Pokemon:

Rhydon:
    Earthquake (learns itself)
    Rock Blast/Ice Beam
    Flamethrower
    Thunderbolt

These may sound crazy, but give as much Calsiums as you can and get one with Lonely/Quiet nature. Earthquake is good and never betrayes on tight spots. Hold items: Macho Brace, because its already slow./Leftovers fits to all pokemons.

And the last one:

Mewtwo!:
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball

Psychic is best, (well, duh!!) and Shadow Ball is actually Attack move, so it kills Misdreavus (Agatha, Pokeleague 2), wich has amazing Sp. Defense. Ice Beam is OK, and same with Thunderbolt. All are Strong and Accuracy 100.

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Darkside, I'm sorry to say this, but some of your sets aren't good even on in-game standards. Frenzy Plant is just lol and so is a Sunnybeamer Venusaur. =\ In-game Venusaur wants Earthquake/Sludge Bomb, Sleep Powder, Razor Leaf and Sludge Bomb/Synthesis/Leech Seed for in-game use your Charizard is okay apart from the fact that you gave it two Fire moves. Earthquake over Heat Wave, please. Your Blastoise is also fine apart from Hydro Pump. Rest or Earthquake are both much better for in-game use.

And that Rhydon makes babies cry. X___X Rhydon's Special Attack is pathetic and you should really make use of its awesome Attack stat. Earthquake, Rock Blast/Slide, Substitute and Focus Punch/Body Slam is much better for Rhydon. And Macho Brace is pointless after you've finished EV training Rhydon. x__x

As for your Mewtwo, (that's really lame to use in-game. x__x) Calm Mind over Shadow Ball any day imo. After a couple of Calm Minds, nothing the pathetic AI throws at you will stop Mewtwo.

Oh, and one-type damage boosting items are pretty sucky. They should only be used if you have nothing else to give your Pokémon.

Darkside

Michael Myers
    Years
    Now, if you mind, i will also introduce my Battle Frontier team. (btw,They are lvl. 50.)

Latios:
    Naive nature, Hold Item varies
    Moves:

Psychic
    Fly
    Luster Purge
    Dragon Dance

You may wonder: why Dragon dance?
    if i let it hold Macho brace, and/or Wynaut/Wobbufet is the opponent, Dragon dance raises speed to normal from the effects of Macho Brace, and it also raises Attack, so it is great and makes Latios`s bad Attack better, plus, makes Fly stronger so Psychic-type pokemon will not cause problems. Then, Psychic and Luster Purge are just must haves.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Swalot:Lonely Nature:

Sludge Bomb
    Rest
    Toxic
    Sleep Talk

Sometimes i give him Chesto Berry, but it is not always necessary, because Sleep Talk will make it possible to use Sludge Bomb and Toxic in the two turns of rest. Sludge Bomb is, of course, poisoning strong STAB and if he is holding Poison Barb, Enemy will get it tossed aside with only one Sludge Bomb.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Skarmory:

Air Cutter
    Fly
    Steel wing
    Spikes

I use spikes if the opponent has more than just one pokemon. Steel wing is a goot STAB and raises defense. Fly and Air Cutter, well, don`t need any explanation.

I survived with this team from all facilities, But i haven`t seen any Frontier Brains. My favorite Facility: Battle Pyramid because the give you much Battle points and is fun.

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    My team, that I've already posted is as follows:

Blissey @ Leftovers ** Pink Devil
    Bold nature
    Serene Grace (unfortunately, but its Defense, Sp.Defense and Sp.Attack are nearly perfect and its HP is good, too, so I decided to keep it.)
    EVs: 196 HP, 252 Defense, 56 SAtk

- Ice Beam
    - Heal Bell
    - Softboiled
    - Thunder Wave

Gengar @ Sitrus Berry (I didn't have anything else to give it, either. =\) ** Mr.Kipling
    Timid nature
    Levitate
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 SAtk (and perfect Sp.Attack <3)

- Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Giga Drain
    - Destiny Bond

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry ** Fredburger
    Adamant nature
    Sandstream
    EVs: 156 HP, 252 Attack, 100 Speed

- Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Taunt
    - Dragon Dance

Milotic @ Leftovers (I never use Yoghurt with Pink Devil so whichever I use gets the Lefties) ** Yoghurt
    Bold nature
    Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 SAtk

- Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Zapdos @ Chesto Berry
    Hasty nature
    Pressure
    EVs: 72 HP, 220 Attack, 84 Speed, 132 SAtk

- Thunderbolt
    - Drill Peck
    - Light Screen
    - Rest

Metagross @ Shell Bell ** Marvin
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 204 HP, 176 Attack, 128 Sp.Def

- Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Shadow Ball
    - Reflect
    All bred until I'm satisfied with the IVs (all of them have an IV of over 20 in their important stats) except for Zapdos that I caught over and over again with my Master Ball until I was satisfied with its IVs and nature.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    My Team:
    Treecko:
    Iron Tail
    Crush Claw
    Sunny Day
    Solarbeam

Flygon:
    Iron Tail
    Fire Blast
    Dragonbreath
    I forgot

Banette:
    Shadow Ball
    Curse
    Will o wisp
    Night Shade

Crobat:
    Air Cutter
    Giga Drain
    Bite
    Confuse Ray

Swellow:
    Endeavor
    Sky Attack
    Aerial Ace
    Double Team

Houndoom:
    Body Slam
    FLamethrower
    Faint Attack
    I forgot

Years
    Hello. This is my team right now:

Skeptile
    Groudon
    Nuzleaf
    Pelipper
    Gyarados
    Gardevoir

It's not very balanced , so I've thought of changing Nuzleaf and Pelipper to Raichu and Altaria. So, what do you guys think? Would that make a better team?

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    Take out the mewtwo that team is too uber...have something more..NORMAL Yeaa I used the "N" word anyone that uses legendarys is just proving that they need pure power to win <_< nub'sz:P

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Hello. This is my team right now:

Skeptile
    Groudon
    Nuzleaf
    Pelipper
    Gyarados
    Gardevoir

It's not very balanced , so I've thought of changing Nuzleaf and Pelipper to Raichu and Altaria. So, what do you guys think? Would that make a better team?
    Personally I would go with Manetric and Salamence over those two, but then you wouldn't have a good water type (Gyarados fails as a special attacker).

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    Gyarados is still good, but he has always had a crappy special attack stat. He's meant to be a physical attacker.
    Which is retarded, because even though he's water/flying type, he learns mostly special atks and no flying-type moves (does he learn aerial ace?)

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Which is retarded, because even though he's water/flying type, he learns mostly special atks and no flying-type moves (does he learn aerial ace?)
    Which does limit Gyarados's use, but doesn't make it completely unusable either. Return/Body Slam, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Taunt/Thunder Wave isn't too bad. In simulators Gyarados is quite formidable indeed as you can give it Hidden Power Flying, which is a reasonably strong physical STAB move for Gyarados. Oh well, at least Gyarados gets the glory it deserves in D/P.

Darkside

Michael Myers
    Years
    Now, using a bit of codes (The Battle Frontier copy cheat)and created this team: (ps.i just got this ready. Oh, god what boring work...)

lvl. 100 Blaziken
    Sky Uppercut
    Fire Punch
    Mirror Move
    Bulk Up

lvl. 100 Medicham
    Bulk Up
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Hi Jump Kick

lvl. 100 Tyranitar
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Rock Slide
    Thunderbolt

lvl. 100 Absol
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Flamethrower
    Aeial Ace

lvl. 100 Mightyena
    Crunch
    Shadow Ball
    Rest
    Snore
    ------------------------------------------------------
    lvl. 100 Slaking (This is in reserve if i do not need it.)
    Aerial Ace
    Thunderbolt
    Facade
    Counter (I hate slaking so i made it a piece of crap)
    ------------------------------------------------------
    lvl. 100 Groudon
    Thunderbolt
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast
    Solarbeam

Ps. i noticed,Smarties-kun, that you are obsessed with Earthquake.
    (Pps. I am also obsessed, in Thunderbolt. And Thunder)

Last edited:

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    It bugs me when people post pokemon teams with like 4 poke's that have been taught Earthquake.

It's not an unlimited TM, so getting that many Earthquakes is harder than it looks.

The only way I can conceive of doing it legitimately is buying another FR/LG game pak, playing up to Giovanni, making a Poke hold the TM26 he gives you, and trading it. Then restart the game and do the whole thing over again.

=/

oh and by the way, here's where my team currently stands:

Blastoise Lv100
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Return
    Ice Beam

Pidgeot Lv96
    Wing Attack
    Return
    Featherdance
    Rest

Tyranitar Lv92
    Ice Beam
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Crunch

Mewtwo Lv90 (shut up I know he's uber, I'll explain in a sec)
    Flamethrower
    Brick Break
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball

Raikou Lv86
    Thunderbolt
    Crunch
    Thunder Wave
    Double Team

Ok, so it's only five Pokemon. But this is the team I'm using to beat the E4 over and over again, and it works pretty well. Part of the reason I got rid of my former sixth pokemon, Typhlosion, was because the two useful moves he learned (Flamethrower and Brick Break) could also be learned by Mewtwo. Secondly, anticipating poor reception of having an uber like Mewtwo in my party, I thought having only five Poke's would even things out stat-wise and still make it a good team.

:D It's awesome to only need five poke's for the E4, because then you can take a weak Pokemon in the sixth slot and give it an Eap Share.

Last edited:

RMJ

Lonely Pokemon Liker.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2020
    leaf green team.
    lv 100 charizard
    lvl 93 mewtwo
    lv 75 tyranitar
    lv 75 dragonite
    lv 67 zapdos
    lv 69 articuno

once this team is all lv 100 (it'll take a while) it'll be unbeatable.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back