• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Pokémon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2006
    mines in game too their weak but once i train them they will own

snorlax 66 w/leftovers
    body slam
    shadow ball
    toxic
    bellydrum

charizard 62 w/charcoal
    blast burn
    heat wave
    dragon claw
    slash

dragonite 64 w/dragon fang
    fly
    focus punch
    outrage
    bodyslam

mewtwo 71 w/focus band
    ice beam
    calm mind
    haze
    psychic

kabutops 70 w/ kings rock
    swords dance
    brick break
    ancientpower
    ariel ace

electabuzz 56 (training) w/ magnet
    thunderbolt
    cross chop
    psychic
    ice beam

i also have

gyarados 60 w/ soothe bell
    dragon dance
    earthquake
    return
    hyperbeam

lapras 61 w/ nevermelt ice
    ice beam
    psychic
    surf
    bodyslam

but i hate those two their not as good as the others, once this team is level 100 it will be better than most. didnt cheat or anything like that.

Haunted_Angel

Silverbane Forever
    Years
    I had said before That I had restared my FireRed. So while I'm here I'll post it.
    My current Progress is : Badges 1 to 6

My Team is

Beedrill Lv.35
    Lax Nature
    Item: Pecha Berry
    Moveset:
    Giga Drain
    Cut
    Aerial Ace
    TwinNeedle

Kitty (Butterfree) lv 43
    Brave Nature
    Item: none
    Moveset:
    Flash
    Psychic
    Confusion
    Psybeam
    (I only have three special type moves because I don't have double edge yet or silver wind)

(Newly Caught and evolved from a nidoran)
    NidoKing lv. 23(evolved to quickly I know)
    Lonely Nature
    Item: none
    Moveset:
    Brick Break
    Thrast
    Strength
    Double Kick

Vaporeon lv.34
    Bashful Nature
    Item: Amulet Coin
    moveset:
    Water Pulse
    Sand Attack
    Bite
    Surf

Flame(Charizard) Lv. 42
    Rash Nature
    Item: None
    Moveset:
    Ember
    Fly
    FlameThrower
    Metal Claw

Pika(Raichu) lv.26
    Hardy Nature
    Item: None
    Moveset:
    Shock Wave
    Double Team
    Mega Punch
    Thunder wave

I think I need to change some of those point blank, Like bring my Dratini into the team.
    Better off getting advice now Before I catch anymore new pokemon

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    This is my current team.

Do you like my FireRed version team?
    Rayquaza lv.70 :t384:
    Extermaspeed
    Outrage
    Fly
    Rest

Groudon lv.72:t383:
    Cut
    Fire Blast
    Fissure
    Solarbeam

Swampert lv.48:t260:
    Dive
    Surf
    Muddy Water
    Waterfall

Kyogre lv.71:t382:
    Hydro Pump
    Rest
    Sheer Cold
    Double-Edge

Pidgeot lv.43:t018:
    Quick Attack
    Whirlwind
    Wing Attack
    Featherdance

Mew lv.10:mew:
    Pound
    Transform

Hope you like it.
    Sorry I couldn't also show you my LeafGreen team.:classic:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I must say that I am disappointed in you Char-char. I have taken a lot of my time critiquing your FireRed team you posted in the Strategies & Movesets a few weeks ago, pointing out the many weaknesses of this team and making suggestions to make your team better, and now you post the EXACT SAME team. Well, as the saying goes - you can only lead the horse to water, you cannot make it drink. I will definitely remember not to waste any more of my time.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    i have a strange fondness for farfetch'ds :P 'my dream party' would comprise of these pokemon:

farfetch'd
    eevee
    plusle
    minun
    moltres
    dragonair

Years
    My current team in Sapphire is:

Blaziken lv99 Female
    Moveset: Sky Uppercut, Blaze Kick, Mirror Move, Bulk Up
    (Im aware the moveset sucks, Im breeding a new one to get a better moveset)

Kyogre lv99
    Moveset: Thunder, Ice Beam, Water Spout, Calm Mind
    I dont usually use Legendaries in any of the games, but Kyogre is beyond cute.

Jigglypuff lv 50
    moveset: Sing, Toxic, HyperVoice, Body Slam
    I love jigglypuff, he's adorable, and I use him even though he's not the greatest battle ready poke

Roselia lv 51
    Moveset: Petal Dance, Toxic, Grasswistle, Leech Seed

Swellow lv 55
    Moveset: Fly, Steel Wing, Endeavour, Aerial Ace

Azumarrill lv 40 HM SLAVE
    Moveset: Surf, Dive, Strength, Rock Smash

Blaziken and Kyogre are the ones I use the most, almost exclusively because I have discovered that the rest of my pokemon SUCK and Im trying to get a new team. Any suggestions for good pokemon? I was thinking of maybe adding Absol, Banette, Alakazam and/or Sable Eye to my team, any suggestions?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Fixes in bold/
    My current team in Sapphire is:

Blaziken lv99 Female
    Moveset:
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Swords Dance
    - Rock Slide
    - Fire Blast/Overheat

(Im aware the moveset sucks, Im breeding a new one to get a better moveset)

As long as you are breeding for that moveset, that is fine.

Kyogre lv99
    Moveset:
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Calm Mind
    I dont usually use Legendaries in any of the games, but Kyogre is beyond cute.

A Lv99 Uber on an in-game team is lol. Stick KyUber in your Legendary box of your PC and admire its cuteness there. Give a different Poke a chance. Also, with STAB and the increase with Drizzle, there is NO reason to use Water Spout over Surf, especially with CM.

Jigglypuff lv 50
    moveset: Sing, Toxic, HyperVoice, Body Slam
    I love jigglypuff, he's adorable, and I use him even though he's not the greatest battle ready poke

While Jigglypuff isn't the greatest battle ready Poke, Wigglytuff is. Evolve it and you have an under-rated Poke.

Wigglytuff
    - Focus Punch
    - Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

IB and TB does damage to almost all Pokes. With its high HP, a Sub is a no brainer and FP allows it to attack physically too.

Roselia lv 51
    Moveset: Petal Dance, Toxic, Grasswistle, Leech Seed

I love Roselia's movepool, but that doesn't make it a good Poke. If you want to stick with it, don't use two attacking moves of the same type.

Swellow lv 55
    Moveset:
    - Aerial Ace
    - Facade
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

PLEASE don't use Fly. Not only is it a crappy two-turn move, but it is only 90% accurate. Facade increases its power when Swellow is statused, and that is where Rest comes in. Once Swellow is asleep, use Sleep Talk. If Facade is chosen, Swellow does serious damage.

Azumarrill lv 40 HM SLAVE
    Moveset: Surf, Dive, Strength, Rock Smash

Blaziken and Kyogre are the ones I use the most, almost exclusively because I have discovered that the rest of my pokemon SUCK and Im trying to get a new team. Any suggestions for good pokemon? I was thinking of maybe adding Absol, Banette, Alakazam and/or Sable Eye to my team, any suggestions?
    Blaziken and KyUber are crutches because they are Lv99. Battles are pretty easy when you have 30 levels up on the competition. Ditch them for a few new Pokes. You need a Poke or two that can take physical and special attacks. I highly suggest an Umbreon that do both and then set up the rest of your team with Baton Pass and Wish. Alakazam or Gengar or even Starmie would be great special sweepers for this team.

Years
    Fixes in bold/

PLEASE don't use Fly. Not only is it a crappy two-turn move, but it is only 90% accurate

Thanks for all your suggestions shancecdavis!! And you are totally right about FLY, but I have it on my moveset because since this is an in-game team and I still have stuff to do on the game, I need it to fly around, and I'm too lazy to do the whole take it out of the box, fly, put it back in the box thing everytime I wanna get somewhere (same reason why I keep my HM slave w/ me in my party), but I'm in total agreement about the crappyness of Fly in-battle.

I only have Sapphire and don't have any other poke games to trade with to get FRLG & G/S/C pokes, I can only use Sapphire poke. I was thinking of adding Stamie, Banette, Medicham, & Heracross to my team
    would this be a good moveset for Banette?

Banette
    ShadowBall, Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, HP Fight

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Strike!

Hi,Hi, here's my team
    Blastoise ; e/w mystic water
    hydro cannon
    rain dance
    blizzard
    earthquake

Arcanine ; e/w charcoal
    fire blast
    sunny day
    iron tail
    extremespeed

Nidoking ; e/w poison barb
    sludge bomb
    megahorn
    brick break
    rock slide

Dragonite ; e/w nevermeltice
    ice beam
    dragon claw
    hyper beam
    fly

Raikou ; e/w blackglasses
    crunch
    thunder
    hyper beam
    toxic

Mewtwo ; e/w miracle seed
    psychic
    shadow ball
    solar beam
    shadow ball

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2006
    Heres my soon-to-be unbeatable Fire Red team.

Pikachu (Volt) Lv 50
    Thunder
    Shock Wave
    Dig
    Thunder Wave
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Static
    -------------------------------
    Pigeot (Angel) Lv 47
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Steel Wing
    Featherdance
    Nature: Docile
    Ability: Keen eye
    Butterfree (Freefree) Lv 48
    Flash
    Solarbeam
    Psychic
    Sleep Powder
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Compoundeyes
    Charizard (Firestorm) Lv 52
    Overheat
    Slash
    Flamethrower
    Earthquake
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Blaze
    Raticate (Twitchtip) Lv 46
    Return
    Cut
    Strength
    Blizzard
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Run Away
    Golduck (Duckduck) Lv 50
    Brick-Break
    Confusion
    Rock Smash
    Surf
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Damp

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2009
    here is my leaf green(GBA not the rom LG)

JIRACHI(Lv 100
    -THUNDERBOLT
    -PSYCHIC
    -THUNDER
    -WATER PULSE
    ------------------------------------
    LATIAS
    --LATIAS
    ---PSYCHIC
    ---ICE BEAM
    ---SHADOW BALL
    --SURF
    or
    LATIOS(both Lv 100)
    ---PSYCHIC
    ---ICE BEAM
    ---THUNDER
    ---RECOVER
    ---------------------------------------------
    SWAMPERT(Lv 100)(pokerus)
    -SURF
    -ICE BEAM
    -EARTHQUAKE
    -ROCK TOMB
    --------------------------------------------
    MEWTWO(100)
    -PSYCHIC
    -SHADOW BALL
    -EARTHQUAKE
    -THUNDER
    or
    ALAKAZAM(100)(item TWISTEDSPOON)
    --PSYCHIC
    --PSYBEAM
    --SHOCK WAVE
    --SHADOW BALL
    --------------------------------------------------------
    TYRANITAR(100)
    -FLAMETHROWER
    -EARTHQUAKE
    -THUNDERBOLT
    -CRUNCH
    or
    SCIZOR(100)
    -FALSE SWIPE
    -AERIAL ACE
    -METAL CLAW
    -STEEL WING
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    BLAZIKEN(100)
    -BLAZE KICK
    -ROCK TOMB
    -SKY UPPERCUT
    -EARTHQUAKE
    or
    LUGIA(100)
    -PSYCHIC
    -ICE BEAM
    -THUNDER
    -WATERFALL
    -------------------------------------------------------

can someone help me out when in pokemon maker i can give a pokemon volt tackle but i can't find it anywhere in the game itself? not in attacks not in anything no pokemon can learn it?anybody know what i can do about it i don't want to make pokemon so they have it.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Yikes. Some of these teams need some serious help. Here are a few tips for the last few posters that listed their team:

- NEVER give the same Poke two attacking moves of the same type (i.e. Thunderbolt and Thunder on Jirachi?? or Aerial Ace and Fly on Pidgeot). It is redundant and only makes your Poke less effective.

- NEVER give your Poke a crappy two-turn move like Hyper Beam, Fly, or Dig. These moves are completely useless as it takes them two turns to attack once, when a different move that can attack two times in two turns can do more damage.

- NEVER use crap OHKO like Fissure and Sheer Cold. They are a complete waste of time. Don't use them in a combo move with Lock On or Mind Reader either. Once again, it now has become a two-turn move and should be avoided. Use a different move that would KO in two turns anyway.

- NEVER give a Poke in your team an HM move that isn't called Surf. All the others are worthless moves. There are other better moves that you can use that make your Poke more effective.

- NEVER give a Normal move to a non-Normal Poke. Normal moves are not SE against ANY type. Giving Pokes a variety of moves makes them more versatile.

can someone help me out when in pokemon maker i can give a pokemon volt tackle but i can't find it anywhere in the game itself? not in attacks not in anything no pokemon can learn it?anybody know what i can do about it i don't want to make pokemon so they have it.
    The only Pokes that can legally learn Volt Tackle are Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, and Smeargle. Smeargle can only learn it if it can trace it from one of the other three. Pikachu and Raichu can only learn it if through breeding one of them while they are holding the Light Ball. When the egg hatches the Pichu will be born knowing Volt Tackle.

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    My team... *grabs LG game*

All righty folks. I have no real set team, but I switch these Pokemon mainly in and out at times.

Eevee *hugs* I luv ya, had to be first! lv 66 - Return, Rest(Will be re-replaced with bite by move tutor, planning to get an Espeon), Double-Edge, Quick Attack. (Soothe Bell - traded, rekindling friendship after trade)

Charizard lv 100 Dragon Claw, Blast Burn, Cut, Wing Attack (personally I think cut should be CUT out of the picture, but I'm lazy. I'll get around to it sometime...sigh!) (Charcoal)

Dragonite/Turquoise (hey, it was a good name until it became Dragonite! Get over it.) *pouts* Surf, Waterfall, Dragon Rage, Wing Attack. lv 60 (No item)

Rayquaza Lv 90 'Traded' Fly, Rest, Extremespeed, Hyper Beam (Eh, yawn...) (Dragon Fang)

Kyogre lv 87 'Traded' Body Slam, Sheer Cold, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump (One of my dearest teammates!) (Nevermeltice)

Zapdos lv 75 Shock Wave, Charge, Drill Peck, Detect (Also a great ally in battle) (leftovers)

Salamence (Very recently acquired, took a century to evolve) lv 59 Dragonbreath, Steel Wing, Hyper Beam, Fly (soon will be EARTHQUAKE)
    (Quick Claw)

How's it?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    Here's my team. It's not an ulitmate team or anything. I'm just beating FR to get Entei and another Mewtwo on my Emerald!

-Dratini Lv18-
    Surf
    Wrap
    Thunder Wave
    Twister

-Nidoking Lv33-
    Double Kick
    Dig
    Strength
    Thrash

-Venusaur Lv33-
    Razor Leaf
    Leech Seed
    Cut
    Sleep Powder

-Flareon Lv33-
    Hyper Beam
    Attract
    Quick Attack
    Bite

-Pidgeotto Lv33-
    Wing Attack
    Fly
    Quick Attack
    Sand-Attack

-Scyther Lv 23-
    Focus Energy
    Pursuit
    False Swipe
    Agility

And I'm trying SO HARD to catch a Scyther right now. I mean, literally, right now. It's a pain in the neck! I just can't seem to nab one. When I do, it'll be my sixth Pokemon. (EDIT- I caught one! See above)

EDIT: Oh yeah! I got a Scyther! It took about a week on-and-off with school to catch it, but I got one! It's Hasty and the moves suck. I added Levels to my Pokemon (forgot earlier cuz I'm dumb) and swapped the old Nidoqueen for Dratini.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    This team has a HUGE Ice weakness. Also, having two ubers on your in-game is lol since they can (with better movesets) KO anything that you encounter. Dump the two crutches and make the game at least a bit competitive. Fixes in bold:
    My team... *grabs LG game*

All righty folks. I have no real set team, but I switch these Pokemon mainly in and out at times.

Espeon *hugs* I luv ya, had to be first! lv 66
    - Bite/Baton Pass
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Wish/Morning Sun

Bite actually isn't a bad move on Espy, especially after a CM or two. Wish/MS is your choice, which depends on if you want to only heal it or have it heal others. Personally, I would have you go with Umbreon instead, since it is better.

Charizard lv 100 Dragon Claw, Blast Burn, Cut, Wing Attack (personally I think cut should be CUT out of the picture, but I'm lazy. I'll get around to it sometime...sigh!) (Charcoal)

Charizard is outclassed by both Dragonite and Salamence. It is absolutely not needed.

Dragonite/Turquoise (hey, it was a good name until it became Dragonite! Get over it.) *pouts* lv 60
    - Focus Punch
    - Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

Unless you get rid of Salamence, this is the set for you. This set can damage all Pokes in the metagame. Also, NEVER use HM moves on your team that are called Surf. They are useless and should be stuck an HM slave like Tropius or Wailmer.

Rayquaza Lv 90
    - Aerial Ace
    - Earthquake
    - Extremespeed/Brick Break
    - Rock Slide

'Traded' Fly, Rest, Extremespeed, Hyper Beam (Eh, yawn...) (Dragon Fang)

Yawn is right. Put this thing in your PC. Rayquaza is the exact same as Salamence, so it isn't needed. Also, avoid crappy two-turn moves like Fly and Hyper Beam. You can do more damage attacking twice with EQ than you can attacking once in two turns with the craptacular HB, probably the most over-rated move EVER. Also, it is bad strategy to have a Poke hold an item when it has not a single move to benefit from it. Use more helpful items that don't require one movetype to benefit from. A Lum Berry or Shell Bell would be much more advantageous.

Kyogre lv 87
    - Calm Mind
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Thunder

'Traded' Body Slam, Sheer Cold, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump (One of my dearest teammates!) (Nevermeltice)

Poor Kyoober, it is stuck with a horrible moveset. Avoid crappy OHKO moves like Sheer Cold. They are definitely not worth such a gamble, when a CM Ice Beam will KO most things anyway. You do understand that Drizzle is like Rain Dance, where Thunder will be 100% accurate? Also, between Drizzle and STAB, it is unnecessary to gamble with Hydro Pump when Surf will do just fine. Like Rayquaza though, Kyogre should be put in your PC and admired there. Give a lesser Poke a chance. Ludicolo, Swampert, or Milotic, just to name a few.

Zapdos lv 75
    - Drill Peck
    - Light Screen/Sleep Talk
    - Rest
    - Thunderbolt/Thunder

Shock Wave, Charge, Drill Peck, Detect (Also a great ally in battle) (leftovers)

Shock Wave??? Charge??? Here is another crappy two-turn combo. Sounds nice, until you see it written down. Charge does double an Electric attack, which is nice, but you waste a turn setting it up, which is crap. For instance, you Charge first and then SW, which is now 120 AP. Wow. Looks good. Well, until you realize that you could have attacked twice during that time with Thunderbolt. That is two attacks of 95 AP. Even if you attack again with SW, that is 120 + 120, compared to 95 + 95 + 95. You have to attack FIVE times in order for the Charge/SW combo to be more powerful than TB. Charge isn't worth it, unlike Calm Mind which raises an entire stat instead of one type of attack. If you keep Kyogre, don't forget that Thunder is 100% accurate.

Salamence (Very recently acquired, took a century to evolve) lv 59
    - Aerial Ace
    - Brick Break
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide/Fire Blast

Dragonbreath, Steel Wing, Hyper Beam, Fly (soon will be EARTHQUAKE)
    (Quick Claw)

This thing makes Charizard useless, since it has better typing, better stats, and better moves. If you encounter a lot of Steel types, then FB would be used over RS. This should also be your starter since it can deal the most damage to the most Pokes.

How's it?
    Personally, I would choose Umbreon over Espeon, Swampert or Milotic over Kyoober, and perhaps Gengar over Rayquaza.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back