• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your starter of choice?

Karrit

Vulpix Master
Years
    • Age 45
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Mine is Torchic, but the very first one I used was Treecko.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Mine is definitely Mudkip. Immune to Electric and learns IB to counter its lone weakness. Rivals Charizard as best starter ever.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2006
    MUDKIP need i say more?

also torchic is girlie...but when it evolves i dont complain...

treeko is just lame...doesnt learn any good moves itself that are any use...pointless to raise in my pov...

lugia_lover

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 28, 2006
    I like Treecko.
    No.1 Its just so cute
    no.2 Its evolutions are waaay cool
    No.3 It learns Leaf Blad
    No.4 Its GREEN!

Karmillina

would kill for cookies
    Years
  • Having a Torchic in your party means that, once it evolves, you can have a good contest Pokémon and a team with pure power!!
    I haven't tried mudkip, but I can infer it's a pretty good Pokémon. If I buy the Ruby Version, I'll try out Mudkip (My brother chose a Treeko, but I don't know how good is it)

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
  • I've used all three starters, and I have to say that Mudkip is my favorite. As a solid Water/Ground type, it makes a wonderful foundation for your team to be based off of. I've tried to build teams lacking such a foundation, and it was much harder to play the game with.

Back