• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thoughts on Ash's Officially Owned Pokémon (plus the others that he should've obtained)

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    What's up, everybody? Hey, I'm just want to know what you have thought on Ash's officially owned Pokémon, including from the earliest to the most recent in numerical order from throughout hisPokémon training history from the premiere of Pokémon main TV anime to the present?:
    • Those overrated
    • Those underrated
    • Those that you've considered the best and/or strongest
    • Those that you've considered the worst and/or weakest
    • Those that Ash should've remembered or that he shouldn't've forgotten about
    • Those that Ash should've fully-trained and/or fully-evolved or that he won't ever do so
    • Those that Ash shouldn't've released or that he should've kept, including at Professor Oak's Laboratory, at Professor Kukui's home or at the Cerise Laboratory
    • Those that Ash shouldn't've caught or kept or that he should've released
    • Those that Ash should or should've Mega Evolved for the first time or that he won't ever do so
    • Those that had already or should've performed for the first time and/or mastered Z-Moves or that he won't ever do so
    • Those that had already Dynamaxed or Gigantamaxed or that he should or won't ever Dynamax or Gigantamax for the first time
    • Those that had already or should've performed for the first time and/or mastered Max or G-Max moves for the first time or that he won't ever do so

And what about the other Pokémon you think in your opinion that Ash should've caught or obtained, including in the wild in order to fully-evolve and/or then fully-train them?

Please let me know, thanks.😉

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    • Those overrated
    • Those underrated
    • Those that you've considered the best and/or strongest
    • Those that you've considered the worst and/or weakest
    • Those that Ash should've remembered or that he shouldn't've forgotten about
    • Those that Ash should've fully-trained and/or fully-evolved or that he won't ever do so
    • Those that Ash shouldn't've released or that he should've kept, including at Professor Oak's Laboratory, at Professor Kukui's home or at the Cerise Laboratory
    • Those that Ash shouldn't've caught or kept or that he should've released
    • Those that Ash should or should've Mega Evolved for the first time or that he won't ever do so
    • Those that had already or should've performed for the first time and/or mastered Z-Moves or that he won't ever do so
    • Those that had already Dynamaxed or Gigantamaxed or that he should or won't ever Dynamax or Gigantamax for the first time
    • Those that had already or should've performed for the first time and/or mastered Max or G-Max moves for the first time or that he won't ever do so

And what about the other Pokémon you think in your opinion that Ash should've caught or obtained, including in the wild in order to fully-evolve and/or then fully-train them?

Please let me know, thanks.😉

Oh great this topic deserves a like

1.pikachu, man why is he always in the spotlight? I know, i start to like him when playing Ashgray but c'mon (...)
    3.Charizard <3
    4.None🤔
    5.Butterfree😭
    6.Squirtle, an Blastoise with sunglasses would look awesome
    7.Pidgeot, seriusly why did released his third cauth pokemon?!
    8.Lapras
    9.Glalie?

The rest i dunno

An Eevee and the Eeveelutions from pirates cave (Specially Jolteon, https://pokemonfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Ash's_Jolteon the poor fennec-kitty gets too much hate from the pokemon anime stuff, and for some stupid tradition, Ash can't have any other electric pokemon on his team)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Not counting his PM team.

Strongest:
    Ash-Greninja
    Pikachu
    Charizard
    Infernape
    Incineroar
    Sceptile
    Goodra
    Krookodile
    Snorlax
    Bulbasaur
    Squirtle
    Lycanroc
    Naganadel
    Gible
    Gliscor
    Hawlucha
    Heracross
    Talonflame

Mid/strongest (in no order):
    Torterra
    Noctowl
    Donphan
    Staraptor
    Quilava
    Bayleef
    Kingler
    Mr. Mime
    Rowlet
    Melmetal
    Noveirn
    Swellow
    Tepig
    Buizel
    Snivy
    Lapras

Weakest (in no order):
    Leavanny
    Pidgeot
    Butterfree
    Corphish
    Totodile
    Boldore
    Scraggy
    Oashawott
    Palpitoad
    Muk
    Tauros
    Unfezant
    Torkoal

Overrated?
    All his SM Team
    Goodra
    Heracross
    Squirtle
    Bulbasaur
    Greninja (sometimes)

Underrated?
    Torterra (seriously, this is extreme)
    All his BW team specially Krookdile
    Heracross
    Gliscor
    Swellow
    Kingler
    Noveirn
    Bayleef
    Quilava

The best?
    Charizard
    Infernape
    Greninja
    Krookdile
    Staraptor
    Swellow
    Heracross
    Snorlax
    His Kanto starters
    His Johto starters

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I will not answer most of your questions because I would be repeating what the others have said already.

As for pokemon he should have gotten....

Caught:
    Spoiler:

Evolved:
    Spoiler:

Regional Forms:
    Spoiler:

I separated Galar because it is a new region and currently he is catching old pokemon. I don't think he should ignore Galar and therefore, I think these are a few Pokemon, or lines, he should catch at some point.

Galar Pokemon He Should Catch:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    Wait guys. Besides all the ones that he has or had officially owned, what about the Pokémon that Ash shouldn't actually catch, including Galar Pokémon, middle- and full- evolutions and regional forms?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • To me, there isn't really a pokemon he 'shouldn't own' as I love him catching more and more pokemon. But if there is one for certain that I don't think he should catch, not including legendary pokemon, it would have to be pokemon like Chansey and Audino. I also don't really like the one pokemon in Sword and Shield that has 2 forms based on gender and doesn't evolve.

I just don't think, 'Healing' pokemon would match Ash well. He has Levanny, which I think is ok, but he never used it much after it began to healing.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • As for pokemon he should have gotten....

Caught:
    Spoiler:

This, i now see that there's no reason for Ash to have only ONE electric type pokemon, maybe he was only unlucky when catching alolan Geodude and Grubbin (who evolves into an electric type), also i'm sure catching an Jolteon too would make it better since Ash put Chimchar's morale on top after it was badly treaten by that barbarian Paul and 90% of the Jolteons have bad rap by the pokemon anime company

Last edited:
    Back