• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your tips!

DeoxysFan3

Deoxys Lover and Master
    Years
    Just have:pure luck,some good,strong pokemon,a lot of Ultra Balls(probably around 300-400 for all of them),and a good status inflicting move.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2006
    Swithing between balls sometimes works. Once when I was fighting Rayquaza I used about 30-40 ultra balls with no luck, then i chucked a pokeball and caught him. Used to technique on some other pokemon and its worked a charm.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I've often found that Great Balls are more reliable than Ultra Balls, especially when it comes to catching legendaries. Ultra Balls are more useful for catching non-legendaries that are high level, though.

If you know what you are going up against (for example Regice), use a Pokemon you know is resistant to it's moves (vs Regice, Skarmory can make all of it's attacks neutral, with high Defence to counter Superpower). Use this to tank while you get something with sleep ability, switch it in and out alternately healing. Thunder Wave also helps, but sleep is more reliable. Overlevelling a Breloom with Spore is your best way, since that has the fastest Spore in the game.

Years
    Stat reduction. Laying some Featherdances and Screeches on 'em helps a whole lot. It only took me a dozen or so balls for each of the Hoenn ubers when I had them at 1HP, asleep, and with a variety of stats reduced to the minimum. Taking lots of turns to lower their stats also brings the Timer Ball closer to its peak performance.

This method doesn't work for the Regis, so you're stuck turfing heaps of Great, Ultra, and Timer Balls, hoping for a catch. You can usually get them after about 40 or so balls.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

A Breloom specifically trained for catching Legends, with Spore and False Swipe, is a great way to catch those Pokemon. It needs to be at a high level though, to be able to withstand their attacks. Maybe you can put Double Team on it as well to evade their moves.

Really though, wild legendaries aren't hard to battle against using your own trained Pokemon. It's the catching part that's the problem, as well as the making sure they are super weak but don't faint. I remember how I caught Regirock using the help of a Lv. 12 Beautify. Heh. Anyways, bring plenty of Ultra Balls along, at least 40-50 in case you're really unlucky. Plus, you can use the leftover balls to catch other legendaries.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
    Years
    I always bring Ultra Balls and Timer balls (around 30-50) when I will catch legendaries. I use any Pokemon that can lower stats (Speed,Attack,Defense)
    Then I let them Sleep or I paralayze them.then I cast 2 Timer balls. then 1 ultra ball if the timer balls miss. If this strategy doesn't work. I wait till they start using strugle. Also, I bring Hyper Potions, full heals, and Full Restores, in case my pokemon will be easily be beaten by them (Around 20-45)

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
    for groudon and kyogre (spelt wrong) i used this ball cheat rumor thing i heard, press a and b at the same time when the ball opens then press and hold a when its bouncing, i caught both pokemon within about 5 balls without taking away hp

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Praying.

It usually works for me. Oh, and switching Gods you pray to also seems to help :0

For me it also seems like the less interest I have in a Pokemon, the more I can catch it.
    So screaming insults to the Kyogre helped quite a lot.
    (Btw, the insult was: "Kyogre, you are just a fish. I don't need you. GO HOME!")

Anyway pure luck just helps.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    XD praying....ya neways

for all the legendaries i recommand ultra balls, they work the best but for some reason....whenever i try to get kyogre, i could never catch it with an ultra ball but a great ball would be more effective O.o ....have strong pokemon but not too strong, always save b4 you battle a legend because its quite possible that you will either faint the legend,your pokemon faint, you run out of balls, batteries run out... etc. um...have healing potions and thats it.

if ppl think pressing buttons like a and b together work....your wrong. if you don't agree with me then thats because you just get lucky. many time i've tried getting legends without pressing a button and guess what....i eventually caught them.

Back