• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Top 5 Manga?

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    1. Shaman King (All current volumes)
    2. Digimon Tamers (All volumes)
    3. Dragonball Z (3 volumes)
    4. .hack//legend of the twilight (All Volumes)

That's all I've got. ^-^;;

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    1. Happy Lesson
    2. The Ring
    3. FLCL
    4. Dragon Ball Z
    5. MegaTokyo (although I don't own any, and it's American, it still rocks)

Imite

イミテとメタ&#
    Years
    1.) Black Cat - Without a doubt, my favorite manga series. It's largely unheard of, and in my opinion, severely underappreciated. The series was finished recently, and now it's been licensed. I definitely recommend at least browsing a copy if you find one. It's an action series about bounty hunters. There's an anime series in the works, and I'm very excited to see it.

2.) +Anima - Another underappreciated series. The artwork is lovely, and the story is incredibly cute. It's a sort of fantasy series about kids who have certain animal abilities like flight or strength. So cute. ^.^ There is no anime series for this, but I wish there was. It would be so cute. The artwork is pretty detailed though, and an anime series would probably ruin some of the charm.
    Edit: Turns out +Anima has been licensed by TokyoPop. So read it if you get the chance. ^_-

3.) W-Juliet - While I don't usually go in for romance, this is one of the best series I've read. It might be the drama lover in me, since the background is about a group of drama kids. Funny, charming, and one of the best romances I've ever read. No anime series of this either, although I have a fake one in my head with Saiga Mitsuki and Ishida Akira playing the lead roles. If they do make a series and they don't cast these people, I'll probably be a little disappointed, but happy anyway. XD W-Juliet has been licensed, and I've seen some of it in stores. Check it out if you get the chance.

4.) Spiral ~ Suiri no Kizuna - One of the best mystery manga series that I've ever read. The characters are deep and well thought-out, the story is fast paced, and the mind games really make your head spin. There is an anime series that has been licensed by Funimation. The entire season has been released, so watch if it you get the chance. The anime does not cover the entire manga series however, so if you want to know how it ends, you'll have to read the manga (licensed by TokyoPop).

5.) Partner - This is one of the creepiest things I've ever read. Ever. While it's not quite mess with your head crazy like Paranoia Agent or Lain, it's definitely a trip. The art style makes it especially creepy, since it looks like your typical cute shoujo manga, but it's drastically different. No anime of this either, although I think it would make an excellent anime. It hasn't been licensed, but you can find scanslations online.

And those are my top five manga, in about that order. I really like a lot of the things listed here like Yu Yu Hakusho, DNAngel, Bleach, Azumanga, Death Note, and D.Grayman, but I figured I'd list some more obscure ones to spread the love. ^-^

Last edited:

Dark Magician ruler

Strongest magician alive
    Years
    MIne are
    1 Steel angle Kurumi
    2 Love Hina
    3 Fruit Baskets
    4Ai Yori Aoshi
    5 Samuri Girl Real Bout High School
    6 Ai Love you
    7 Azumangadioh
    Sorcerer Hunters

I know I went to number 7 but i could keep listing them because I read alot and own a lot my friend owns almost over 200 or more now of manga she is like my libary when it comes to them

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Hm... let's see, nya..... mine can greatly differe from time-to-time, but currently, here it is:
    1. Ranma 1/2
    2. Fruits Basket
    3. Tokyo Mew Mew
    4. Pita-Ten
    5. I haven't read that much manga, ne? o.o

.......Yeah. XD

Jeudi

A witch...?
    Years
    Mine...let's see...
    1).hack//AI Buster-Technically not a manga, but it's an anime novel none the less, hopefully I'll get to read the second one.
    2)Cross-Come on, pretty boy excorcists and religous goth theme all over, along with a cross coming out of the pretty Boy's forehead and a woman five years his seinor falling in love, what gets much better than that?
    3)Alice 19th-Depressing anime and lots of pain and hope mix together, something I prefer to read when I need to read something depressing.
    4)Hellsing-If you really want to know why, go ask the Vampire Alucard, who I seem to think to like guns along with the wonderful Seras Victoria, who has some big guns. I mean big hunks of metal a person wouldn't normally have. Anyways, mix in Integra and Walter...I think Undead Nazis complement it.
    5)Wish-Heaven and Hell haven't been summarized so well in a long time.

Abarai_Renji

死神
    Years
    1. Pet Shop of Horrors - By far the most pleasant read!

2. Fushigi Yuugi - Takes off the horror edge to PSoH with it's sweet romantic atmosphere...although...having tasuki in the series doesn't hurt ^.~

3. Bakuretsu Hunters - Marron Glace, Chocolate Misu, and Gateau Mocha...need I say more?

4. GetBacker - I don't like the way the manga turned all gangsta...but it's so funny despite that.

5. s.CRY.ed - A little fast pace, but different

6. I have to add a 6th Sailor Moon - You can't go wrong with a classic!

Peach

Finnish Love ♥
    Years
    1. Ranma ?
    2. Time Stranger Kyoko
    3. Wedding Peach
    4. Card Captor Sakura
    5. Decetive Conan

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
    Years
    1 being my most fave, 5th being my regular fave =3

1. Azumanga Daioh (The most hilarious manga I ever read xD)

2. Pokemon Adventures (Special) (Tiz awesome! 83)

3. Yotsuba&! (Hilarious manga XDD)

4. Digiko's Champion Cup Theater (Another hilarious manga xD; .. I also like the other Digicharat mangas :3)

5. Angelic Layer (Funny, yet it has lotsa action! =D)

I could list up to 10 I think >>; Here are some runner's up (no order):

Mar, Culdcept, Rayearth, Wish, No Need for Tenchi, Full Moon O Sagawasite, Ultra Maniac, and some few others XD;

Aquila_Chrysaetos

The Golden Eagle
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2006
    In my opinion:

1. X/1999(Rather depressing, but not without action. Probably, in my opinion, CLAMP at their best. Great art.)

2. Ceres(Another depressing manga, but I ranked it lower than x/'99 because the characters doesn't grab my attention as much as X/1999 ones. I like the art though)

3. xxx-Holic(Not really depressing, but artwork is nice and kinda simple. Deep elements but has pretty light moments sort of often unlike the above.)

4. Hellsing(Awesome action, undead Nazis are attention grabbing, and characters are quite interesting)

5.(There's a tie here) Pokemon Special(The most innocent and mature((as in serious)) Pokemon manga((that I know of)) at the same time, a fun read.)

Tsubasa(Well, in my opinion, it's not/will not be one of CLAMP classics because it is like most shonen manga and well, doesn't have the same spirit as X/1999 or Clamp Campus Detectives and other classics by CLAMP. However, the concept of various CLAMP characters in alternate universes written by CLAMP themselves is quite interesting as we readers will get to see AUs written by the original authors.)

Tokyo Babylon(Deep elements inside, mild shonen-ai is a plus for me, leads to X/1999)

As one can see, most(4((or 5, if one counts Tsubasa))/7) of these are shoujo manga.

Last edited:
    Years
    1. Fullmetal Alchemist
    (I love artwork, plot is genius and characters deep. My treausure. x3)
    2. Naruto
    (Not too bad. In this one I like artwork too, and characters are funny. Plot has something strange on it, but other wise it's good. Kakashi is my favorite. \o/)
    3. XXXHOLiC
    (Something pretty different from CLAMP. Artwork is stunning, and I like the humor on it.)
    4. Rurouni Kenshin
    (I just love this redhead. x3)
    5. Detective Conan (Case closed!)
    (Cases are different.. It's fun trying to solve them, however it's SLOOOWWW.)

Other ones that I also like are Tsubasa RESERVoiR CHRONiCLE and Hellsing, but they aren't actually my favorites.

Years
    1:Rave master/rave groove adventure: the plot is awesome,the characters are very deep like ellie doesn't even remeber her past,etc, always ending on a cliff hanger

thats kinda the only manga I've read heh

Minako

[O n d i n e]
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    This'll be kinda hard. XD

1. ~ Fullmetal Alchemist [My favorite of all the manga I've read. I've been obsessed with others, but nothing comes close to the overall quality of FMA. Deep and developed characters, hilarious humor, and some very depressing moments... Quite a ride.]

2. ~ Fruits Basket [I just love this. It's so adorable, and the characters are deep. It comes really close to being my number one favorite, but I had to choose FMA. It's still just as good, though.]

3. ~ Tsubasa [Definately awesome. This is like, the cutest CLAMP manga since Cardcaptor Sakura. XD It's really lighthearted, though it's got that kind of shonen~spice to the art. Gotta love it.]

4. ~ Hellsing [Oi. I got addicted to this after like, the first chapter. It's so freaky, and vampires just win.]

5. ~ Naruto [I feel bad for listing this dead last, because I'm still a fan of it. It's got alot of emotion to it, and the characters are really cute. It's also one of the coolest shonen action manga I've seen.]

;~;

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    New, updated list:

1: Dorohedoro - Some guro, lots of comedy, great really original story (it's hard to predict what happens next) and beautiful art. Can't say much else.
    Oh, and the main charcter has a crocodile head.

2: Azumanga Daioh - Nice, clean comedy which doesn't get old is always good.

3: Deathnote - Another unpredictible story. It exceeds the Shonen Jump quality with it's amazing mystery/crime-solving/mind action, and amazing art. Now onder it sold the most copies last year (for Jump comics).

4: Yotsubato - A simple manga which makes you snicker from time to time. Yotsuba is cute, and shows what real 6 year old are like.

5: Gintama - Action/Comedy at its best. Great characters which can't be explained with ease, and good storyline.

Sailor Chibi Lunatone

Fear the Chupacabra!
    Years
    1. Sailor Moon- My first anime, and pretty much the basis for nearly every other maho-shoujo series. And the manga's even better than the anime. Plus Chibi-Usa's super cute!

2. Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch- Another excellent and cute maho-shoujo series. Plus I love mermaids.

3. Ranma 1/2- This is probably the best action comedy series ever created in my opinion. And it's done by Rumiko Takahashi, the genius behind InuYasha.

4. InuYasha- This is was the series that introduced me to Takahashi's work, and I fell in love with it! And Sesshomaru's hot!

5. Magic Knight Rayearth- In my opinion, this is the best series done by CLAMP, even better than Chobits and Cardcaptor Sakura, which are both pretty hard to beat. And there's plenty of hot guys in it too!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Mine are.....

1. Inuyasha
    2. Tokyo Mew Mew
    3. Pita-ten
    4. Ranma 1/2
    5. Hellsing

Back