• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

your very first pokemon episode??

pikachu007

Prime Pikachu
    Years
    the first episode I saw was the plot episode Battle aboard the st anne on
    channel 33 at 2:30 in the afternoon it was the day before I entered 6th grade
    the first pokemon knew was pikachu & meowth. And after that day I was hooked & still am.
    your very first pokemon episode??

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
    Back in forth grade I was flipping through channels and found the Evee Brothers episode of pokemon on TV, it was near the very end by the photo finish, I was just learning about anime from Sailor Moon around that time so I was curious. Later though I found out my brothers were already watching it, and show me recordings they had on tape. after watching the first two episode I was hooked onto the anime. Later that year the card game got popular, and I tried to make money off of it, but missed the peak for selling all the rare cards I collected. during that time I made friends who were also into anime, and they got me into seeing more anime. I got wrapped up in them and started to around Jhoto loose interest for a while. Years later by the time I was 16, I saw the 7th movie and was hooked again. Funny how things are sometimes.

Karrit

Vulpix Master
    Years
    • Age 45
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Mine was the first episode where Ash gets Pikachu back in 1998. I watched it before going to work.

Years
    The first one I saw was the episode where Ash sets his Butterfree free. A few years later I watched "Mr. Mime Time" and was hooked. :t122:

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I started to watch PoKeMoN when the first season was still airing. The orange Island season was pretty good,but than it started to get boring with the Johto season's. Only when the added May into the show, and started over with the Honne leage , PoKeMoN Advance season it started to get very good agian! Advance challange had some very funny and good episode's and Kanto battle Fronter look's like it might be the best season so for.... True Blue Swablu is the best episode ever maid, so for!

Last edited:

Karrit

Vulpix Master
    Years
    • Age 45
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    I didn't watch Pokemon for a while. Then I came back in during the episode where Brock freaks out by the mention of Professor Ivy's name. It took my by surprise and got me into watching it again.

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 17, 2008
    The first episode I seen was "Bye Bye Butterfree", when Pokemon was airing on UPN. I was hooked ever since.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    The first episode I saw was 'The challenge of the samurai', it might have been 'Ash catches a Pokémon', bbut I'm pretty sure it was the one I said before.

Pyroli

Flame Thingummy
    Years
    my first epi was... oh my... *looks it up* Case of the K-9 Capers! :D the one with the Growlithe police force. it was early on a Saturday morning, summertime. I was prolly eight years old, and I was sitting there in the kitchen thinking "Th' 'eck am Ah watchin'?" like, I knew it was Pokemon, but I was just watching it like... what? XD it was only after the episode had finished that I said to my friends "that Pokemon stuff is pretty cool :O" and that's how my love for the series started. I went back and watched the whole series up to that point. :>

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Aug 31, 2010
    I believe (not sure :D) that the first episode I saw was "Pokémon Emergency!" when UPN was still in charge. I didn't really get into it though until a while later when episodes started appearing 30 minutes before school started. At that point, I started watching it quite a bit.

I had always assumed that I first started watching in the 8th grade, but apparently that's impossible since it first aired the first week of my freshman year. Guess I musta just been exposed to the GB version instead :D

JigPu

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Heh, the first episode I saw was Holy Matrimony!. You know, the one with James' family and his fiancee? Yeah, TR cracked me up in that episode, and I swear I laugh every time at that one part where Jessie and Meowth figure out that James' parents can see them. Heh, too funny.

Plus Growlie's a cutie. :3

RLan69

Pokemon Junkie Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    First episode I saw was "Showdown in Dark City," with Scyther and Electabuzz (still two of my old faves).

Years
    I actually got into the show reaaally late- My first episode was "The Superhero Secret," the episode with Gligar Man... early Johto. That's only because I started watching it in 4th grade. But also the Orange League was being shown around that time, so maybe it was just a preview of the next season?

Years
    first episode i saw..was the first pokemon episode out..it came on one morning before school, australian tv release..it rocked..i remember it well :P...gengar vs nidorino in the stadium on ashes tv..i remember it all..pokemon consumed me and all of my friends..to this day it has a strong hold on me..and some of my friends..and it will forever..we even played the games on gameboy in class even though we knew we'd get in trouble.. :cool: :nervous: :bandit:

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2006
    My friends kept talking about a show called Pokemon in school and I was kind of annoyed how everyone knew about it except me. I never got a chance to catch the show myself and I started hating it. Then one miraculous day, my chance came. My first ep was the one where Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and the magic show. I kept watching after that and now I can't stop. :classic:

Back