• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"You're 24 and you don't have a job?"

Years
    It depends, if the person is taking college or university, then he/she has an excuse for not working; it's working on its education, or has a physical (or mental) condition that makes him unable to work, such as paraplegia than it's not really his/her fault. Otherwise than the person should go looking for a job, at least in my opinion ...

KyokuseiXRyusei

DenCabe! :3
    Years
    Bleh. I know someone like this. My cousin is 30, still living in her mom's basement with 2 kids and without a job. When I was living with my Aunt for a bit, my cousin had her kids and I clean up while she sat around eating and watching T.V. My Aunt bred Dogue De Bordeaux but asked my cousin to take care of them while my Aunt went to work. My cousin fed them but wouldn't bother cleaning up the messes the dogs would make. She claims she has a "job" but her laziness is truly sickening.

I can understand if somebody is at home recovering or just got fired due to economic issues. I can even understand an "at-home wife." But not this.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    I am 20 years old and don't have a job. But I also live in Northern Illinois in the Subs of Chicago and there are no jobs and NIU a huge college university. I messed around in High School and didn't take college prep classes so I can't go to NIU and I got screwed over at the community college like 5 miles from my hometown. I'm not racist or anything but the college I went to was 85% African American and they college screwed me over 2 semesters in a row because I wasn't African American and they wouldn't let me go back like they do the African Americans. But back to the job thing. It's so bad up here in Northern Illinois that not even the unemployment office or temp agencies could help me. They said there is no jobs and are not taking applications from people at the moment. So I pretty much can't get a job.

I'm currently studying my math and english to remember what I forgot and going into the military.

Last edited:
    Years
    In this day in age, it might be a good idea to stay home until you can get yourself back to normal financial-wise. I know my friend and his wife moved back to his parent's house after he was fired from his last job and couldn't make ends meet.

Hell, I was 22 and still living at home before I first started working in early 2004. In my situation, after I was laid off from my last job in 2009, my Dad died later in the year. After that, I got discouraged and usually do yardwork and other stuff around the house since my Mom is still working and doesn't hand time to do that stuff.

Besides, good luck trying to find something in this crappy economy.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Spoiler:

This is practically the reason why I can't get a job. most jobs I have applied for, I may have gotten an interview, but then I get told this. What really grinds my gears is the fact that most of them I have applied for, experience is not necessary as full training is provided. I just hate the fact that you are being lied to, and also it's a complete waste of your time being in an interview when you get told that you need experience.

I'm not lazy or anything, but it's starting to become impossible for me to get a job, because I still suck at interviews. I have even looked abroad for jobs, but still, no dice. I'm still living with my parents, and they don't mind at all.

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
    It really depends on the situation the person is in. If they're still living at home at the age of 24 or older they should really try to get a job since they're still living under their parents roof. But of course getting a job isn't too easy, i'm trying to get a new one and no one has called me back yet. If the person is trying or is in school, then i'm okay with them not having a job at that age. If the person is incapable to work, then they should try to get disability. I disapprove of people that age taking advantage of anyone who keeps them under their roof though, my uncle did this to my grandma and he was in his 50s! He wasn't disabled, just freaking lazy. >.> tl;dr I'm okay with it if they are in school, disabled or trying, but i'm not okay if they're just being lazy and not even trying to look for a job.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Spoiler:

This is practically the reason why I can't get a job. most jobs I have applied for, I may have gotten an interview, but then I get told this. What really grinds my gears is the fact that most of them I have applied for, experience is not necessary as full training is provided. I just hate the fact that you are being lied to, and also it's a complete waste of your time being in an interview when you get told that you need experience.

I'm not lazy or anything, but it's starting to become impossible for me to get a job, because I still suck at interviews. I have even looked abroad for jobs, but still, no dice. I'm still living with my parents, and they don't mind at all.
    This is true. I'm still working the internship circuit, and even with that they're looking for experience. But... that's why I want the internship, to gain experience. Like, wuh?

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
    I have a job and work weekdays and weekends. I'm also a college graduate. I don't give much thought to people's (strangers) choices or lifestyles though, unless of course it was directly effecting my household. Now, if I had someone sitting around my house dirtying up the place, eating my food, using my power, etc. I would be upset if they made no attempt to help out or work/try to find work. If they are some random person on the internet or wherever? It doesn't effect me, therefore I do not care. I have no reason to feel anger or negativity energy over someone who does not effect my life whatsoever. However, I do offer advice to people around here that are looking for a job.

It's definitely NOT easy to find a job these days, especially a full time job..it helps to know the right processes. A lot of people I've talked to think it's a simple "fill out app online and forget about it" and don't realize (or even know about) the usefulness of cold calling, walk ins, follow ups, resumes, intro/interest letters, job fairs etc.

SD.

B E N N I N G T O N
    Years
    everyone should know this for themselves

if they want to stay home and be around their parents every single day
    even though they are already 30 or so
    ...their choice
    not having a job... being on computer 24/7... no girl or boyfriend since they never get out of the house.... call online people their real and true friends

oh yeah, SCORE x]

anyways
    i do mean it when i say its their choice
    its their life
    its just stupid they wasting it , right

as for myself, i want to find a job as soon as possible
    i need the money lol
    so i can study again
    oh and im 19, not 30​

Back