• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YouTube LPers

Vroke

Starmie FTW
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    [I'm not positive that this is where this thread belongs as it's about the Pokemon Community rather than Pokemon in general, but it seemed to fit here the most. Please move it if there's a better spot.]

I'm not sure how many of you follow LPers (LP stands for Let's Play - basically a run through of a game) on YouTube, but if you don't...

Lately, a good number of LPers covering Pokemon and other games have gotten suspended from YouTube under false claims of copyright infringement.

These 'hackers' make these false claims, but under YouTube's current system, the suspension is automatic. As a result, LPers like Chuggaaconroy and NintendoCapriSun have been suspended without first being asked their side.

A suspended account CAN make a counter-claim, which is what these LPers have done. Unfortunately, this process takes 10-14 days.

During this time period, their videos may or may not stay on YouTube. For example, the first 23 videos of Chuggaaconroy's Pokemon Crystal LP are up - but nothing after that (and I know he had more than that up previously).

If you want to stay updated on this issue and the people affected by this, you can watch any or all of the following videos for the story and what you can do to help:

CrissCrossMedia
    ZeldaUniverseTV Interview

SuperSkarmory has a forum up where he keeps daily updates of the YouTube situation:

SuperSkarmory Forums

Additionally, here are the twitter links for Chuggaaconroy and NintendoCapriSun:

Chuggaaconroy
    NintendoCapriSun

If this happens or has happened to you, file a counterclaim ASAP. Follow the instructions given in the ZeldaUniverseTV video.

I'll try to keep this post updated with information as it comes in. Hang in there guys!

EDIT: UPDATE

ZeldaUniverse LP Suspension Update

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've known about this for awhile now...since NCS was hit. It really does suck that these trolls are getting so much attention, and the fact that the DMCA exists to begin with, but there's very little we as LP viewers can do other than make sure that the LPers that we follow are aware of the counter-claim process. So far, three of the ten or so LPers I followed have been banned, including the two big names, Chuggaaconroy and NintendoCapriSun.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I have a somewhat known account of YouTube (Thank God I don't LP XD)

But I still have a fear this onslaught may turn on all accounts soon, which worries me.

But aco****s like Giancarloparimango11 and AuroraVirus have been suspended than unsuspended.

So hopefully, it all works out.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I just posted a blog about this. NCS is my favorite LPer of all time. It was a sad, sad day to not see a vlog from him that day. It's ridiculous. You have to be some lonely bastard with no life to run around false flagging things. And Chuggaa too. Basically, two of the biggest names in LPing have gone down. It's just...stupid.

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years
    I actually find it quite sad that Chugga was suspended :( He was gonna LP Mario Galaxy 2! I think...

Actually, a video investigation made by a user named AbelPlays says that CONJOPI (one of the 'hackers') are not actually threatening the whole LP community, but those who LP any Zelda games (which Chugga and NCS both LPed) so these 'hackers' might ACTUALLY be Zelda haters...

And the way these hackers act; being all god-like (just look at their comments!) just ticks me off. BADLY.

Back