• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-gi-oh/Naruto: The Abridged Series

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
    So let me ask a stupid question: is this a cartoon about both Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Lol, not as far as I know. I'm pretty sure they aren't even made by the same person, so I find it utterly silly to refer to them as they were. xP Oh, and they're both parodies of their namesake shows, not real shows in their own right...at least officially. xD

Anyway, YGO Abridged is awesome (In fact, it's better than the real thing) and the voice acting is amazing (All of those YGO characters voiced by one guy, you can hear it in the live performrance), but I haven't seen the Naruto one so I can't say anything one way or the other about that. YGO Abridged can be found here, and is definitely worth the watch. Some of the spin-off videos for it can be found on YouTube, but they've been deleting stuff for 'copyright infringement', even though it's using far more original material than any of the other parodies I've seen. What's the message here? You're allowed to make parodies but they aren't allowed to be funny? xP

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I love YGO Abridged. :[ It makes me want to get back into the Yugioh fandom all over again, even if I left it almost 4 years ago. I love when they make fun of just how bad the dub edits were. XD But really, I love everything about it. LittleKuriboh's damn awesome...and his voice is great too. XD

I haven't seen the Naruto one and I think its humour would be lost on me anyway since I don't follow the series. oo;

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    YGO Abridged is amazing, it's done in top quality. I have never seen Naruto Abridged, partly because i've never really liked Naruto, partly because I can't be bothered.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    I actually watched the first episode when I found out that Littlekuriboh makes a voice cameo when Naruto uses the transformation jutsu. It doesn't start off that well, partly because the original video quality is crap, but the series comes into its own once the Zabusa arc begins. Among other things, it parodies the amount of filler in the anime as compared to the manga, and the annoyingly large amount of flashbacks and explanations. By the by, for anyone who cares to watch it, I'd advise turning up your speaker volume a bit, since it's kind of hard to hear Kakashi and Sasuke without doing it.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    I actually watched the first episode when I found out that Littlekuriboh makes a voice cameo when Naruto uses the transformation jutsu. It doesn't start off that well, partly because the original video quality is crap, but the series comes into its own once the Zabusa arc begins. Among other things, it parodies the amount of filler in the anime as compared to the manga, and the annoyingly large amount of flashbacks and explanations. By the by, for anyone who cares to watch it, I'd advise turning up your speaker volume a bit, since it's kind of hard to hear Kakashi and Sasuke without doing it.

Naw, I liked the 3rd episode when the 3 students were battling their teachers.

I like those voices, but I don't know why.

"I said 'bells', and I said 'me'."- White haired dude

Lol, I don't know their names..

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    I love the Yu-Gi-Oh! Abriged series, sweeties! X3 It might be the only reason why I started going to YouTube (till they deleted 3 of his episodes.) I constantly make references to it all the time, especially in my hacks! ^^ LittleKuriboh's is a great voice actor. ^0^ I see a bright furture for him! =3 I swear, I would rather wake up early in the morning just to watch one episode of the abridged series, then watch another 4Kids dub. =p
    My favorite episodes are 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, and 19. I swear, they get better each episode. ^0^ The whole thing is just Super Special Awesome! x3

The Naruto abridge series on the other hand...it could have been better. Really, just compare the two. There's too many flaws with Naruto the abridged series.
    First of all, Naruto actually has a plot, while YGO has an inconsistant plot. Making jokes for YGO are much easier, while most of the Naruto jokes seem extremely forced.
    The second thing is the lack of originality. Naruto the abridged series basically stold a bunch of jokes from the YGO abridged series. >> For crying outloud the concept was "borrowed".
    Well, I'll admit, some of the "original" jokes are funny.

If you sweeties, think I'm too into these little parodies, then you don't know me. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Just search "yugioh abridged series" on Youtube. Or replace YGO with Naruto for the other one I guess. You should get plenty of results. :x

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    I love it. Pure awesomeness. Littlekuriboh is able to pull off comedy with wit, not stupid words like some other imitators. amazing is all I can say.

Back