• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
Years
  • I couldn't find the official Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion thread... perhaps it expired and was removed... so that's why I'm posting this.

Anyway, just wanted to ask if anyone knew if there is a bittorrent or some other downloading alternative for Yu-Gi-Oh! Uncut Volume 3. If so, please PM me. Thanks.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Nyah, I can't believe no one else has replied. *fixes that* XD

I haven't been watching it recently at all and I still have to sit down and actually read the last volume of the manga (impulse buy XD), but I still love it. <3

I dunno of any torrents, though. o_O Haven't looked for those in a long time. @_@

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
  • Lightning said:
    Nyah, I can't believe no one else has replied. *fixes that* XD

I haven't been watching it recently at all and I still have to sit down and actually read the last volume of the manga (impulse buy XD), but I still love it. <3

I dunno of any torrents, though. o_O Haven't looked for those in a long time. @_@

S'allright... I went out to a local Hastings and rented the DVD they had for Volume 3. From an analytical standpoint... I must say that the direct Japanese dubbed version as well as subbed is quite boring... it doesn't have that same flare of excitement that makes me love the American dub so much. Oh well...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    It ran from 1996 to 2004, standard Shounen length. The anime took way to long to end though...Which is why I stuck to the manga. And, I know of a place where you can torrent the first series...ya' know, crappy animation, little to nothing to do with the card game. Just PM me if you want a link to that.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • yeah,I've seen all the episodes,I've even seen most of the ones they haven't shown yet and I already know most of the new season they're going to have with the new characters and stuff,they take out all the old characters in the new season [not the ancient Egypt season]

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
  • Hungry Homer said:
    yugiohs pretty old dont u think

It's still one of the better animes out there though.

Blue said:
    It ran from 1996 to 2004, standard Shounen length. The anime took way to long to end though...Which is why I stuck to the manga. And, I know of a place where you can torrent the first series...ya' know, crappy animation, little to nothing to do with the card game. Just PM me if you want a link to that.

Oh yeah... I remember downloading the episode where some gunman holds up the burger joint and has Tea at gunpoint... it was... well, interesting... heh...

Blue said:

Oh yeah... I remember downloading the episode where some gunman holds up the burger joint and has Tea at gunpoint... it was... well, interesting... heh...

Rika Kamiya said:
    well,no need say bad things about it just because you hate it

Meh... don't concern yourself with that comment. Only people who don't have the capability to hang onto an interesting storyline would say something like that.

Lightning said:
    I like the Japanese version muuuch better than the American. o_o; I've never watched the uncut dub, or whatever, but I've seen a lot of the subbed episodes (most of them up to about 10 episodes into the DOOM arc). @_@

x_X The "flare of excitement" from the dub is only there since we North Americans can't sit down for half an hour if something isn't constantly nagging us with flashy colours and loud music and such. <_<

I beg to differ. I find the dialogue much better in the American version. I don't know what you mean by "flashy colors", but as far as the music goes, music has a very deep impact on people. Personally, the "loud music" you refer to makes the show way more interesting.

As for the Japanese episodes, the dialogue seems slow and boring... but I suppose it has more to do with our cultural diversity than anything else.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I like the Japanese version muuuch better than the American. o_o; I've never watched the uncut dub, or whatever, but I've seen a lot of the subbed episodes (most of them up to about 10 episodes into the DOOM arc). @_@

x_X The "flare of excitement" from the dub is only there since we North Americans can't sit down for half an hour if something isn't constantly nagging us with flashy colours and loud music and such. <_<

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    and DONT double post...you've done it twice in this thread alone --;

Warning: anti-dub rant please step away if you dont like rants or like the dub

personal preference leads me to like the subbed version anyhow (especially the voice changes, but nonetheless once you get used to a voice it tends to stick with you, no?) the opening could really use some work music wise...(i'd rather not listen to the same music over and over again for the whole 224 episodes)
    against voices...no, i haven't seen DOOM saga or "Waking the Dragons" as you call it in dub, but it has quite a bit of emotional events...of the few epis i've seen, all the bad guys cant keep their voice intact during the emotional scenes...and what's with their "no one dies" rule? thats the one i dont like for sure...oh, but good stuff on Amelda's name change =D

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
  • digispirit virus said:
    and DONT double post...you've done it twice in this thread alone --;

Warning: anti-dub rant please step away if you dont like rants or like the dub

personal preference leads me to like the subbed version anyhow (especially the voice changes, but nonetheless once you get used to a voice it tends to stick with you, no?) the opening could really use some work music wise...(i'd rather not listen to the same music over and over again for the whole 224 episodes)
    against voices...no, i haven't seen DOOM saga or "Waking the Dragons" as you call it in dub, but it has quite a bit of emotional events...of the few epis i've seen, all the bad guys cant keep their voice intact during the emotional scenes...and what's with their "no one dies" rule? thats the one i dont like for sure...oh, but good stuff on Amelda's name change =D

Dude, chill out. In case you didn't notice, I responded to two *different* posts. As a moderator, try setting a better example by suggesting something instead of demanding. People don't respond too well to that.

As for your rant... I can hardly make out the point you're trying to make, so no response on that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Arigeitsu159 said:
    Dude, chill out. In case you didn't notice, I responded to two *different* posts. As a moderator, try setting a better example by suggesting something instead of demanding. People don't respond too well to that.

As for your rant... I can hardly make out the point you're trying to make, so no response on that.
    There's a little thing called the "edit" button, secondly it's in the rules of this forum and if a mod ask you not to double post. Then you'd be wise to listen to him. The point he was getting to was that the American VAs can't keep emotion in their voices, which is a very vital part of voice acting.

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
  • Blue said:
    There's a little thing called the "edit" button, secondly it's in the rules of this forum and if a mod ask you not to double post. Then you'd be wise to listen to him. The point he was getting to was that the American VAs can't keep emotion in their voices, which is a very vital part of voice acting.

1) Okay, I've taken care of your little "double post" dealy. However, in the future, I would appreciate if you approach me in a more mature fashion if I'm doing something wrong instead of demanding me to follow your rules or imply some sort of hidden threat behind it. I've gone out of my way to show respect for everyone and follow your rules as best I can, and I think I'm entitled to some respect in return. Thank you.

2) As for the VA in American version, I'd like an example when the voice acting wasn't conistent with the emotion. So far this season, the voice actor of Yami has been the only one doing any major emotional voice acting and he's doing a great job with it.

Last edited:

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
    Years
  • I perosnally like both the dub and the Japanese version XD I'm now used to the main voice actors in both series', but probably more used to the dub ones as I've probably seen more dub episodes than Japanese ones, I only started watching the Japanese ones when the Memories Arc started XD

I'm currnetly wondering what my reaction to the GX dub will be since that's the opposite of DM with me, I'll be more used to the Japanese voice actors this time.
    I bet I'm the only person on this board who is seriously addicted to GX, right? XD

Back