• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Yugioh) what type of deck do u run?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 26, 2005
    I am just intrested to see what type of decks people run and also maybe get some help with my beast deck as it is 2 big

monsters

1x man-eater bug
    1x mask of darkness
    2x mad dog of darkness
    1x d.d. warrior lady
    2x chu-ske the mouse fighter
    1x sangan
    1x tribe-infecting virus
    1x beserk gorrila
    2x giant rat
    1x winged kuriboh
    1x des wombat
    1x gazelle the king of mythical beasts
    1x magician of faith
    1x manticore of dakness
    1x ninja grandmaster sasuke
    1x soul tiger
    1x desertapir
    1x skull dog marron
    1x bazoo the soul-eater
    2x rescue cat
    2x hane-hane
    1x a cat of ill pmen
    1x medusa worm
    2x behemoth the king of all animals
    1x blade rabiit
    1x d.d. crazy beast
    1x legendary jujitsu master
    1x morphing jar
    1x maji-gire panda
    1x ancient gear golem
    1x thousend needles
    1x fiber jar
    1x outstanding dog marron
    1x great angus

trap cards
    1x needle cealing
    1x magic jammer
    1x bottomless trap hole
    1x trap hole
    1x torrentail tribiute
    1x raigeki break
    1x shift
    1x seven tools of the bandit
    1x divine wrath
    2x threatning roar
    1x lone wolf
    1x blast with chain
    1x trap dustshoot
    1x rising energy
    1x call of the haunted
    1x magic drain
    2x dust tornado
    2x beast soul swap
    1x a hero emerges
    1x skull lair
    1x draining sheild

magic cards

1x premature burial
    1x monster reincarnaton
    1x book of moonb
    1x snatch steal
    1x nobleman of crossout
    1x swords of revealing light
    1x swords of concealing light
    1x soul exchange
    1x stray lambs
    1x lightning vortex
    1x fissure
    1x creature swap
    1x wicked-breaking flamberge -baou
    1x graceful charity
    1x forest
    1x mystcal space typhoon
    1x rush recklessly
    1x legendary black belt
    1x heavy storm

also my deck is desinged to not rely on top decking

Agent9

You could care less....
    Years
    -_-, oooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....

First, I see cards that only support one or two cards.

2nd, tech in some Giant Rats.

3rd. All you could of done was take out everything that wasn't a beast type.

4th...I'm all out of ideas.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 26, 2005
    Agent9 said:
    -_-, oooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....

First, I see cards that only support one or two cards.

2nd, tech in some Giant Rats.

3rd. All you could of done was take out everything that wasn't a beast type.

4th...I'm all out of ideas.

the reason for that is i have ways of getting the cards i kneed quickly so it usually doen't matter about the quantity of certin cards and also some of the none beast type cards are for stalling 4 time which i tend 2 do a lot

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    you will honestly be demolished very quickly like that... it needs to be a lot closer to 40 cards. Plus, this deck has no sense of card advantage, and some cards to so severely slow that even a Toon deck can run over this O.o;

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 26, 2005
    my deck

Frostweaver said:
    you will honestly be demolished very quickly like that... it needs to be a lot closer to 40 cards. Plus, this deck has no sense of card advantage, and some cards to so severely slow that even a Toon deck can run over this O.o;

as i will say again My deck dosent really rely on drawring cards at a certen time

e.g one my combos use rescue cat's effect to get 2 lv3 or lower monster from my deck
    (probably chu-ske and a cat of ill omen) then sacrafice them both for behemoth the king of all animals, and return the 2 sacraficed monsters to my hand, then use a cat of ill omen to send lone wolf to the top of my deck, combo's like this help me to not rely on top decking, so my deck is not exactly card advantage, it's more deck searcher, also 2 questions scince you know about cards more than me, can u tell me it beast soul swap allows you to special summon from the deck, and also explain how a toon deck could run over my deck so i can make improvements

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    1. Beast Soul Swap returns a monster to the hand, and from the hand special summons a beast type monster card. Really, since it's back to the hand and out to the hand again, it's useless as of far. If it's not restricted to beast-for-beast trade, then at least you can get out Rare Metal Dragon but no... this card makes a -1 card advantage and that's all so far. We need more beast cards for this card to be potentially useful. As of now, stay away from it.

(The only card that somewhat works with this is Behemoth the King of All Animals, as it has the potential to call a lvl 7 while only using one tribute, but that's at the cost of 3 cards to do this. Why not just use one of those "this monster counts as 2 tributes for ______ type" cards?)

2. Your Rescue Cat combo defies the rules. You already normal summoned Rescue Cat, so you can't call Behemoth the King of All Animals on the same turn, unless Rescue Cat is flip summoned or special summoned. There's only 2 Giant Rat to do the special summoning for Rescue Cat, (which is by far the best way to use Rescue Cat), but that's only 2 cards out of 60? The chance of drawing the rat is 1/30, which is very low... Most decks use 3 Giant Rat in a total of 40 cards, making it 3/40, and even then some people still whine about how that's too low of a chance to draw the searchers. In order to further improve the chance, people will "deck thin" to reduce the total number by either wasting cards away to the graveyard (such as Magical Merchant) or draw multiple cards every turn to speed things up (such as Des Lacooda, or Tsuku-Dekoichi drawlock)

3. Even if we assume that the combo works, Call of Ill Omen only places the trap to be on top of your deck, meaning, you have to wait another turn to actually get the card. This is again, another -1 card advantage. Even if you got Lone Wolf, it's not hard to destroy Lone Wolf, and it's not hard to knock out your LP via the Chu-ske that only got 1200 attack power yet can't be killed either. Even a Tomato can knock off your LP through Chu-ske, and that's saying a lot =/

Now, even a Toon deck, which is arguably one of the weakest deck in the game, rivalling the Harpies in terms of how pathetic it is (but probably one of the msot fun decks there are, especially for me since I like Pegasus the most ^_^). It got the combined weakness of both A Legendary Ocean deck with Burn Deck. It relies on stall cards and a continous magic card in order to survive. Destroy Toon World and the deck is basically gone. Comparing it to this deck, however...

a) Toonworld got Masked Sorcerer and Des Lacooda for a promising maximum of 3 cards drawn per turn out of 40 cards (but usually just 2), as opposed to this deck's maximum of 1

b) Toonworld got Toon Index, one of the best searcher there is (in magic form too,) with the ability to call absolutely all monster cards on top of Toonworld itself in the toon deck except Magician of Faith, Sangan and Des Lacooda, out of 40 cards. This deck got Rescue Cat and Giant Rat, which is only in monster form and is searching out of 60 cards, without the ability to search for almost anything.

c) Toon deck got plenty of magic/trap cards that are absolutely necessary in protecting the low level toons (most importantly, Toon Masked Sorcerer) but this deck got only 3 cards out of 60 to destroy spells/traps.

d) Toon deck's damage output is higher than this deck... this deck only uses beatsticks (and even then it does not have that many strong cards) to do damage, and with the lack of spell/trap destroyer, it will fall prey to almost any other decks. Toonworld can score crazy damage with Toon Gemini Elf (with hand destruction ability) and Toon Goblin Attack Force on top of the Wave Motion Cannon(s) if Toonworld isn't destroyed immediately. Toon world also may use Toon Cannon Soldier to do the finishing touch at late game.

So, how to improve your deck...

a) stay REAL close to 40 cards

b) every card should be able to stick close to a theme, and actually has a use at all times

c) for now, don't use any monster cards that got no effect

d) stay away from beasts for now, since it is a hard type to use well (it got no searcher but the Cats, and almost zero support.) For the sake of easiness so you can learn the game, go warrior or just plain old themeless cookie cutter deck.

e) Find ways for your deck to draw multiple cards, or can search out cards through special summoning, or a magic/trap search card

f) Always consider card advantage. How many cards do you have to invest in thsi one card in order to use its effect? A card such as monster reincarnation got bad card advantage, as it requires 2 cards (the one discard, and the Monster Reincarnation card itself) in order to use its effect. If bad card advantage is involved, then be sure to reconsider if the effect is *vital* to your deck or not. This deck doesn't require a specific monster vitally, so it probably doesn't need Monster Reincarnation. Now, a card like Cat of Ill Omen also got bad card advantage even though it got "no cost." It puts the trap on top of your deck. Now, you could have drawn a new card from the deck instead of the designated trap card, so it's still got a bad card advantage.

In rare cases, you need the bad card advantage in order to achieve something much greater. "Exchange of the Spirit" deck uses Exchange of the Spirit to deck the opponent out in a mere couple of turns. Sometimes however, Exchange of the Spirit (a trap card) maybe sent to the graveyard because it got destroyed by a Mystical Space Typhoon or got discarded by an attack from Spirit Reaper. Since this trap card is absolutely vital to the deck, the user may use A Feather from the Phoenix, which costs 3 cards (1 discard, 1 card on top of deck, and the Feather itself) to retrieve the Exchange of the Spirit. A Feather of the PHoenix probably got the worst card advantage in the game, but it's still vital to this deck because they're so dependent on Exchange of the Spirit being safe. They will sacrifice a lot to get it back. So, if you're using a card that cost you some resources (or, bad card advantage) be sure to consider if the effect is vital to your deck or not.

For now, I'll recommand you to probably copy a deck from someone for now *gasp* and learn how these "model deck" works. After you understand how powerful the concept of good card advantage through drawing multiple cards per turn, good methods of special summon and good synergy, then it'll be a lot easier to build your own deck.

Use a simple deck for now, a warrior deck, which is very easy to use. It's very friendly, and will do decently in most situations. It's not the best deck, but the point is that it's easy.

Mobius the Frost Monarch
    Mobius the Frost Monarch
    Cyber Dragon
    Cyber Dragon

Magician of Faith
    Magical Merchant
    D. D. Warrior Lady
    D. D. Assailant
    D. D. Assailant
    D. D. Assailant
    D. D. Survivor/Gravekeeper's Spy
    Don Zaloog/Gravekeeper's Spy
    Spirit Reaper
    Spirit Reaper
    Mysticl Tomato
    Mystic Swordsman lv 2
    Breaker, the Magical Warrior
    Sangan
    Exiled Force

Heavy Storm
    Mystical Space Typhoon
    Snatch Steal
    Brain Control
    Swords of Revealing Light
    Dark Hole
    Smashing Ground/Rush Recklessly
    Smashing Ground
    Smashing Ground
    Premature Burial
    Reinforcement of the Army
    Reinforcement of the Army
    Nobleman of Crossout

Sakuretsu Armor
    Sakuretsu Armor
    Sakuretsu Armor/Bottomless Traphole
    Bottomless Traphole
    Torrential Tribute
    Call of the Haunted
    Dust Tornado
    Dust Tornado

Again, it's not meant to be a very good deck, but just a good deck that's easy to use. This deck lacks draw engine, and personally i would have thrown in Dekoichi/Tsukuyomo for the drawlock...

You'll find exact copy of this deck in numerous amount of places, but just that the quantity of each card may vary.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 26, 2005
    reply to last quote

3 things

1) you can use resue cat's effect by leaving it on the feild for a turn then on the next turn flip summon it and trigger it's effect and still normal summon (which can be used with behemoths effect to get flip effect mons to your hand)

2) thanx for the advice on beast soul swap

3) do you know how to duel using msn messenger cause o think if i faced you with my deck you may see more how my deck works

p.s I like using a beast deck because it's fun and i don'y usually worry much bout winnin even in tournaments

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    id have to agree with frost you dont have much of a chance of pulling your rescue kity cambo off and even if you can too many decks now are running the ability to remove all your good cards from the game . i say go with frost`s idea and change up the deck for now because the beast deck does lack allot of support(so do dragons and fairys).

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I wonder if anybody noticed Tribe Infecting Virus and Graceful Charity in the deck?

It is still great to see people still playing beasts. A deck with beast monsters won't work, There are different kinds. Resuce Cat OTK for example. I'm sure that you could find that perfect type that fits you best.

Earth monsters are one of the best in the game. And if you would like. I would be happy to test your deck on MSN. Beasts are usually more competive than fun.

Frostweaver avdice helps. But on Beast Sould Swap. It helps very well. It can make the monster a double atacker. It can be a otk card is it's not right to judge it that way.

I will make a edited version of your deck later ^^

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Rescue's Cat's effect requires Rescue Cat to be send to the graveyard... how do you reuse that except to special summon it again next round? =/

Hmm... actually, on the Beast Soul Swap, I can't believe that I forgot Beast card's best friend, Manticore of Darkness. If Manticore of Darkness is the target instead, then it'll lower the cost of Beast Soul Swap to that of just -1 instead of -2. Since you can retrieve Manticore of Darkness the next turn anyway, it's an excellent way to call either the 2nd Manticore of Darkness. I'm not *that* cool about swapping Berserk Gorilla for another Berserk Gorilla... since when have you seen a Beast deck that actually got more beast than beast warriors? =/

1 Beast Soul Swap at max... even that I'm iffy about it.

I'm not that knowledgable about Rescue Cat OTK, though I know that it exists. The only thing I know about beast is to splash in 2 Manticore of Darkness, and talk about the rest later >>;

I don't know how to AIM/MSN yugioh duel... sorry. Do you actually mean some sort of add-on to MSN/AIM to duel or just typing the stuff? >>; Plus even now I'm still slightly confused when there's chain chaining on to chains, and how to properly resolve dust tornados shooting from both sides >>;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    basicly you just type what cards you play(some people dont like text dueling because allot of people tend to cheat) you basicly give your opponent a little more time to chain to something and presiscly pick which card they want to taget(i.e. you have 2 face downs they have 3 they would select your left or right card and if you chain dust just say middle left or right) there is also yvd for online dueling.

Back