• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Z legendary

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Very interesting theory. However, I'd say that the most compelling explanation for the origins of Generation 6 and speculation for the hypothetical Pokemon Z legendary comes from the theory that this generation has its roots in Norse mythology.

The whole thing is explained succinctly (if a bit crudely) in this Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-OMbaRBvOw

I think this theory is incredibly cool. I love all sorts of mythology, by the way, so...yeah. I love guessing the myths from which the creators derived the legendaries of each generation.

Essentially, evidence strongly suggests that the legendaries of Pokémon X and Y are derived from the Norse myth of Yggdrasil, the giant cosmic tree that connects the nine realms (Earth/Midgard being one of them, and Asgard (Norse heaven) being another). Anyway, Yggdrasil is inhabited by several legendary creatures. Chief among these creatures are the three following:

• A blind eagle perched at the top of the tree who can peer into peoples' souls
    • Four stags (deer) who live in the branches of Yggdrasil and have gemstone encrusted antlers, each with a different color
    • An evil, serpentine dragon who lives beneath Yggdrasil and gnaws at its roots
    So essentially, Yveltal is based on the eagle and Xerneas is based on the stags. Therefore, its highly likely that another legendary, one for Z, is based on the dragon who lives beneath the tree. And it really fits: who better to have a Z-shaped body than a serpent?

The serpnetine dragon is trying to slowly destroy the tree, which is evil. Evil is often associated with darkness, plus it live under ground. It would most likely have the typing ground/dragon or ground/dark. Also, its ultimate goal ends in chaos, which also goes with Damien Hlvia's idea.

Reactions: JP

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • There is a Serpent that eats souls in Kid Icarus Uprising Chapter 22 if i recal.
    It would be fun if they made a reference to it.

Soul-Eating_Monster.jpg

Back