• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zatch Bell! The Card Battle

BusterTheFox

Pokemon Intruder
Years
  • Yeah, a lesser known card game is america. It consited of 12 different series' in Japan, while the game died out im America at series Four. You play the game by arranging a deck of cards in a spellbook, and then using Mamodo, Spell, Partner, Event, and special Majestic 12 cards to try to get your opponent to turn all the pages in his/her spellbook.
    There was a GBA game released in Japan based around this game; think Pokemon Trading Card Game on the GB, only for Game Boy Advance, besides the obvious differences. xD Okay, so it's almost nothing like it. but anyway, Let's get to the point!

I created this thread for people who are interested in the game, play it, or have the cards but don't know how to play. Basically, it's for general disscussion, strategies, and other things pertaining to the Zatch Bell TCG.

Okay, firstly! As for obtaining the cards, I personally buy them at my local dollar store. Of course, you can always buy online for pretty darn cheap. They really aren't worth much at all in the US; some of the more rare cards I've seen selling for like $1.25. Otherwise, more common cards go for around 10-25 cents per-card. So, yeah, you can get some pretty sweet deals buying online. =p Otherwise, check your own dollar stores, or maybe find a card shop that sells used cards, or sells tons of different types of cards. (Comics 'n Stuff comes to mind.)

As for the rules, if anyone wants me to post them up, I'll do so in a spoiler tag. :) Then I'll add to it as people as me questions regarding things that are left unclear...after all, I had to pick up the rules from the GBA game! Although I do know it well now. :3 I'll try to help as best I can.

If you wanna post a deck up, ask a staff member first if you can post it in Spoiler tags. That way, you use less space posting your decks. The Other Cards Rules say that you have to make a new thread for every deck you want reviewed, so I would ask first to aviod complications...I somehow doubt I'll be starting some new Zatch Bell craze in this area, so it would be convinient if we could, for the most part, keep all ZBTCG talk in this thread. XD Of course, that's the staff's decision.

That's all I have to say to get the topic going. go ahead and post any stores you might be able to find cards at, strategies, discussion, all that good stuff.
    In ending, my currect deck has early game strategies invloving Kido and Hyde cards, while my later game deck consists of Zatch and Brago cards. My big finisher at the end of my spellbook is Bao Zakeruga, +7000 power, 3 points spellbook damage. 7 MP, but it's a finisher, so that doesn't matter. =p

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I have a friend who used to play a long time ago.

Heard it lost popularity over here when they changed the rules to disallow Instant timing spells, and it took all the fun out of it.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Oh wow, i remember this one, i remember grabbing a started deck or two to see how it worked out back when they sold this at Toys r' us and I'm pretty sure this fell out after a month or two in America. Definitely gave it points for being different from all the other card games floating around.

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
    Years
  • My friend's dad used to play, my friend talks a lot about it. Her dad still worships his cards though, he won't let anyone touch them. If he did, we would probably try and play them.

BusterTheFox

Pokemon Intruder
    Years
  • I just finished re-making my deck again. I basically just switched some event cards around to make them flow better.

Glad to hear you guys know the game. :) I think that GBA game has a link function...and I hear there's a way to link GBA games up via VisualBoyAdvance regarding IP addresses. XD Lol, it'd be awesome if I could play someone over the emulator. I don't know anything about that though, as far as linking across computers go.

Hey, if anyone has questions about the game, feel free to ask me, in a VM, PM, or just posting up here. I'll be glad to share my knowlege. ^_^

P.S.: 15TH POST! CELEBRATION!! ^o^ *Confetti*

Back