• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zee.kthxbai's Sprites

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Zee.kthxbai's Sprites [Updated 01/08/09!]

Hey folks.

Saw you had a spriting section, figured I'd show what I can do. Lately it's just been a little project, for fun, and I'm not sure if these are any good or not, but hey, I guess I'll find out.

So, if anybody has any questions or anything about them, I'll be happy to explain any of them. Like I said, I've been working on a project, a fangame, and I just got finished with the battle engine recently.

[UPDATE - 01/08/09!]
    Zee.kthxbai's Sprites

Also included a tentative logo. Working on it, but I'm liking it, maybe make a signature sorta sized thing with it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    most of thosae are pretty good, i especially like the electic/flying.
    the normal /flyinf needs a little work, the tail, for example... its not really appropriately placed, is it XD'''''''''''''? bring it back a tad, mebbe even re-pose it XD;;;
    also, its wings attach to its body badly XD' make sits feet look a bit naff, bring the wings up so it meets at its sides, unless its emtn to be liek the flying/electric's wings, in which case stretch the feet out to show this. because otherwise the wings are kidna impossible. XD'

um yes~ i like the dandy lion one. its quite spiffy :3~ ( i quite liek the whole evo line)

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • the dandelion evo chain is excellent! I think you did a great job on these, and i would have no problem seeing these in a (what is now...4th gen? so a fifth gen) game. You did a great job shading them, the poses are nice, and the colors are very eye pleasing! I like em!

As for the fighting water guy, (the one that kinda looks like a golduck...) the body is posed a bit funny, and their is a bit of outlining chopped out of his leg... he needs some work...

The brown flying guy also has some outlining issues, and his face looks crooked on the pose of the body.

The electric/flying sprite looks great though, all can be said to him the same i said about the dandelion...

Anyhow, your stuff is very good!

Keep up the great work!

And of course...

Keep Spriting!

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Thank you for your suggestions. I've updated the sprites in my catalog as nessesary. Furthermore I've sprited one of the first trainers I've attempted to make for my game. It does not take me this long to sprite, I was just focusing on the battle engine at the time, and I'm proud to say it's now fully functional and this project has certainly moved from the realms of idle fantasy to potential reality.

Enough about that. I'll re-upload my sprites with their alterations once I reach my 15th post. In the meantime, say hello to Madam General Vholtz. That stone above her is a piece of Electrum.
    Zee.kthxbai's Sprites

Since I am not having badges or TMs as a personal choice, this piece of Electrum is a focus for teaching your pokemon a move. That move hasn't yet been decided entirely, but I am thinking something along the lines of a custom move to fill in the physical Electric Type niche :

Static Crash | Electric | Power : 80 | PP 15 | Accuracy 90% | Physical
    The pokemon picks up speed until the very air crackles with a charge, crashing into the opponent and releases the charge.
    Recoil | 50% chance of increasing Speed +1

Again, I thank you for taking the time to read this.

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Her hair's outlines are to light.

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    I'm not sure about that one, dude. I was using the hair colors from other trainer sprites, and that was the darkest outline shade for that sprite. It is supposed to be an almost-platinum blond.

But uhh, any crits on the move in terms of being balanced, or any other crits on the sprites and whatnot?

Also, edited the various posts as I now have 15, and I can put them in the actual post themselves now.

Also, this guy : Calvrar : The Dark Star
    Zee.kthxbai's Sprites

Again, I thank you for reading this.

Last edited:

Clouddyl

Playing battle tower doubles!
    Years
  • I like the first ones the best, are then an evo line?

Also, the map looks pretty packed with towns and stuff, it looks good :D

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Yes they're an evo line. The grass Starter, actually.

Poppakom, Karakom, and Taraxakom. I'll go back and finish up the rest of the fire starter's evolutionss as well as retooling the 2nd and third form of the water starter's evolutions, but first I need to finish the overworld engine (I'm using an overworld style in 3D like D/P/Pt).

And as of last night, thanks to the help of a couple friends I've finished my Pokedex list the types are well balanced. So, the Pokemon are already set in stone as far as the type ratio as well as about half of them being detailed in text for the purposes of design.

But I still may churn out another sprite today, if I get bored. The Demo is probably about a month or so away, will include twenty pokemon and the first 'Gym'. So, keep an eye out folks.

Again, thank you for taking the time to read, and if anybody has more questions I am happy to answer.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Three starters are pretty nice however i dislike the arms on the water one, they're in a bit of a strange position. I really don't like the water's first evo, the pose is kinda boring and i feel the perspective is wrong, as it;s looking completely away from the in game trainer. Final water evo is nice but the eyes are too big. With the electric bat thing, the only problem is the right ear, it doesn't fit in well with the left one. I really like the star, no complaints on that one.

The leaves on the grass evos look intrusive and out of place.

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Was wondering if anybody would bring up the leaves. Like I said, after I get the overworld engine handled, I'll return to those sprites and update them with the water starter's evo line and finish the fire starter's evo line.

Thanks to everybody for reading and replying with useful responses. I'm taking these suggestions into consideration, and I've a bit better of an idea for the water 2nd and 3rd form, as well as an idea for a better leaf style for the grass starter.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    These are all great sprites, but General Vholtz looks off; she reminds me of some odd mix of Gardenia and a female Galactic Grunt.

Really like the Electroc/Flying batamabob, but the 2nd and 3rd Water evos look odd in terms of pose.

Years
  • hey....those look pretty good......especially the grass 1.....(its off the chain....)....i'm assuming the fire pokemon's gonna be psycic(follows a logical sense seeing as grass is dark and will even the balance out.....)? The only thing i don't like is the kappa's 3rd stage....he doesnt seem too different from the 2nd.......(just a diff color, some arm guard things....and well....the ability to control water like that old turtle dude from 'the reef')....other than that....it looks pretty prof. to me.....

Armaina

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • At the risk of sounding incredibly nerdy, her hair cut and just something about her somewhat reminds me of one of the Sisters of Battle (er.. 40K reference.. )

So are all the sprites scratch, right? If so, these really look great! I think I like the dandelion line the most. There's something about the last 2 evolutions for the Kappa creatures that look a little odd about them that I can't quite put my finger on. Hmm.. I'll have to think about it when I'm not so sleepy.

Hey.. how about a flying type that isn't also a normal type. Poor flying types never getting a pure type.

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Sorry for the lateness of my reply, but I've since returned to my regular classes and probably will update far less frequently (may once or twice a month).

At the risk of sounding incredibly nerdy, her hair cut and just
    Hey.. how about a flying type that isn't also a normal type. Poor flying types never getting a pure type.

I've never liked the idea of a pure flying type, because flying always seemed like a secondary type to me. Plus, because I plan to implement Roost, which removed the flying type from the Pokemon, what would you suggest to happen with a pure flying type? You'd end up with a Pokemon with no type. Furthermore, if you change it from flying to normal type, you screw over ghost types who want to continue attacking. Say the electric bat has roost and so does the pure flying type. In the event of a ghost type attacking both, it would hit because neither are immune. But in the event of Roost the Electric/Fling becomes Electric only, still hittable by Ghosts, and lets say the Flying Type becomes a normal type. Is it fair to have a conditional move that grants healing and immunities to types?

That's just the way that I see it anyhow.

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Once I finally get around to wrapping up my epic math homework, I'll resume work on my fangame. So, does anybody else have any last minute suggestions before I go back to the program and re-do all those graphical errors people have mentioned?

Back