• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Zion's Pokemon Drawing Central

What do you think about my art?

• Horrible. Just stop while you still have some dignity.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Like I said, best of luck. Oh, and good luck with college this year!

haha thanks. im a little nervous about college but at the same time, i know its going to be way different and WAY better.

I appreciate the feedback on the painting I did of Zion's drawing. I agree that the edges are a bit wonky, I'll work better next time. It's just been forever since I've done computer paints.

As for you Zion, it has and will continue to be a pleasure. You got good stuff dude, and I appreciate the humble artists, like yourself, who don't try to put themselves higher than the others.

Edit:

I read on the OP that you now do pokemon from all generations, so I've gotten my next request idea, if you're up for a bit of a challenge!

Warning: This one might be a bit en-cumbersome, and you might have to postpone it for other's requests.

I'd like you to do my FC Trainer's team.

On the left side of the page:

-Braviary hovering above ground.
    -Feraligatr roaring.

Center:
    -Front: Raichu in battle stance *sparks are preferable*, Pichu on the head.
    -Trainer *use the trainer in my signature for reference, only shorter hair (if you can manage, if not, just silhouette)*
    -Back: Serperior behind the trainer, nose in the air.

Right:
    -Charizard in battle stance, preferably blowing fire.
    -Haxorrus, in any pose you'd like.

To explain in depth, I would like the Raichu/Pichu to stand in front of the trainer, whether or not he is silhouetted. The Trainer should be on the same 'curve' as the Braviary, Charizard, Feraligatr, and Haxxorus. The Serperior, being his 'starter' will be in the back, 'standing' proudly.

If you don't want to take this request, it's understandable. I am asking a bit much here, but I have faith you can pull it off.

If you do want to take it on, and you do complete it, I will attempt to paint it for you to keep on your OP for everyone to see. Thanks in advance, and best of luck if you attempt it!

because of a mistake on my part, and i apologize for it, i need to reformat where you want the Pokemon a little bit. itll still be the same basic concept but i need to put Charizard and Braviary in the sky. ive done a few quick rough sketches to make things fit and i think i have a pretty good format that will keep the picture in the same basic format you wanted it, only tweaked slightly. im sure youll like it though. i think my mistake was a blessing in disguise. the rough sketches look like the final picture will turn out really awesome looking. looking over them, i think you will actually be quite pleased with the outcome, despite the small changes. if everything goes according to plan, i should have it up sometime before 10pm (rough guess) Sunday night (time might be a little different since we are probably in different time zones)

Last edited:

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • haha thanks. im a little nervous about college but at the same time, i know its going to be way different and WAY better.

because of a mistake on my part, and i apologize for it, i need to reformat where you want the Pokemon a little bit. itll still be the same basic concept but i need to put Charizard and Braviary in the sky. ive done a few quick rough sketches to make things fit and i think i have a pretty good format that will keep the picture in the same basic format you wanted it, only tweaked slightly. im sure youll like it though. i think my mistake was a blessing in disguise. the rough sketches look like the final picture will turn out really awesome looking. looking over them, i think you will actually be quite pleased with the outcome, despite the small changes. if everything goes according to plan, i should have it up sometime before 10pm (rough guess) Sunday night (time might be a little different since we are probably in different time zones)

You haven't disappointed me yet, and I highly doubt you ever will. That's technically what I wanted, Braviary and Charizard in the sky. I just didn't know how to request it without potentially confusing you.

Years
  • You haven't disappointed me yet, and I highly doubt you ever will. That's technically what I wanted, Braviary and Charizard in the sky. I just didn't know how to request it without potentially confusing you.

well in that case, great artistic minds really do think alike xD finished with the trainer, Raichu, Pichu, and Feraligatr. turns out i start college on the 26th (seeing as the 24th is a Saturday) so i have this weekend to finish however, im throwing my sister a Birthday Party tomorrow so i probably wont be able to get anything real work done on the picture. so hope for Sunday night but dont be surprised if it takes a couple more days

Years
  • just a quick update. im going to need a few extra days to complete the drawing. sorry about the delay but ill have it up as soon as possible. ill be sure to PM you when its finished

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • While you are working on your project, I had one of my own to do in the free-time while I waited. I've always seen these super awesome rival battle youtube videos with the awesome background image.

Example:

So I had this idea to do something similar, but with my characters *not the same art-style, however*

I have yet to develop my trainers and actually be able to put them in this image, but I completed their 'starters' in their battle poses, and I'm very pleased with it.

Here it is:

Before you say anything, I know the edges are rough, it is still a work in progress. But I figured I'd share some art of mine with Zion for a change.

Last edited:
    Years
  • While you are working on your project, I had one of my own to do in the free-time while I waited. I've always seen these super awesome rival battle youtube videos with the awesome background image.

Example:

So I had this idea to do something similar, but with my characters *not the same art-style, however*

I have yet to develop my trainers and actually be able to put them in this image, but I completed their 'starters' in their battle poses, and I'm very pleased with it.

Here it is:

Before you say anything, I know the edges are rough, it is still a work in progress. But I figured I'd share some art of mine with Zion for a change.

actually, i think it looks great! of course it could use a little work here and there, but so could my drawings :) i honestly really like it!

Years
  • Still working on it, softened the pokemon's edges a bit. What I'm about to show you next is still a work in progress, and doesn't necessarily represent the final product.

looks great! if you hadnt said anything, i could have easily mistaken it for the finished work! it looks really good so far! cant wait to see the finished piece!

Years
  • Never actually thought of naming the piece, to be honest. Hmmm.

It's going to sound cheesy, but for the moment, just call it 'Truth vs. Ideals'. Oh, and thanks for showcasing it!

sounds good to me. i like the name. and no problem. also, id like to ask you to be my partner in this. making it so that if they would like, people can request you to paint them what they want rather than me drawing it for them. then they have a bit of a choice. what do you think?

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • I'd be fine with it, except for the fact that I still technically require reference images to paint these things, therefore if they are asking for a Dragonite in the pose of your Haxorrus in the OP, I can't actually free-hand it. I need to see a reference of the image before I can paint it.

So you might still have to draw. However, if they request a drawing, and you PM it to me, I'll gladly paint it for them. Then they can have the option. If this is the case, I'd be delighted :)

Years
  • I'd be fine with it, except for the fact that I still technically require reference images to paint these things, therefore if they are asking for a Dragonite in the pose of your Haxorrus in the OP, I can't actually free-hand it. I need to see a reference of the image before I can paint it.

So you might still have to draw. However, if they request a drawing, and you PM it to me, I'll gladly paint it for them. Then they can have the option. If this is the case, I'd be delighted :)

you could always google image the pokemon and find a picture that fits their request. i have to do that sometimes

Years
  • woot! im back people! *sort of* with the start of college and my insane work hours, i had to take a hiatus, but im back and ready to start drawing again! i may take a few days to do them, rather than the original "within 24 hours" cuz of my schedule so be patient! they will get done!

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • Glad to have you back! I wanted to post some more of my recent paintings here for you to see, but didn't dare get in trouble for necromancing.

Happy Halloween from Mr. Oshawott
    Spoiler:

Charmander and Arcanine
    Spoiler:

Espeon
    Spoiler:

Gen 5 Starter's wallpaper
    Spoiler:

I should also note that's I'm not here to take your thread by any means, and plan on making my own Gallery so as not to come off as such. But I thought you might like to see them here before I transfer them over.

Last edited:

Text

Wolf
    Years
  • Your old feraligatr drawing is broken pleaee fix that.
    Anyways the drawing are very nice! I like the thyphlosion drawing anyways keep up!

Back