• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zoids Championship Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
Years
  • "Ramjet, deploy the smoke dischargers and run for it!" I yelled anxiously. I opened up with my AZ 30mm Vulcan and did a back and forth sweep beyond the limited horizon. I had ramjet run for about three kilos from the previous position. I thought I'd take a gamble on this one. I mounted the Ramjet's tail into sniper position, my seat turned back into it's typical sniping position. I would only have one shot before the Wolf would come charging after me. I powered up the sensor arrays and traced any heat signatures. An infrared image popped up on the screen that illuminated the dark sniper's console. "Come on, where are you..."

A small red mark appeared on the screen. My eyes widened. The target was just standing there. Does he have a trick in mind? I wasn't going to let this opprotunity pass me up however, I quickly locked onto the Mountain Wolf and fired my sniper shell directly toward the illuminated target.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • I heard the shot coming for just an instant and I reacted as fast as I could, muttering "Dammit." The shot didn't miss completly, scoring a glanging blow on my right foreleg. I responded by circling closer and opening up with a railgun barrage.

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
    Years
  • Unable to manuver in time, the massive bursts of the rail guns slammed directly into the side of my Ramjet.
    The battle was over.
    "Battle over! Battle over! The winner is...Jake Watkins!"

Something was the matter with me out there. For whatever reason, I was caught off guard more than usual and couldn't react as quick as normal. However, despite this, I accepted my loss and actually felt relieved. Finally I can go back to base and rest up. I can get some real repairs done on my Ramjet, and get an overhaul done. A casual smirk crossed over my face. I had really no regrets as I limped Ramjet away from the failed battle.

~Ozy~

Years
  • "Better than most" I said to myself, not yet out of battle mode. Hopefully they'd give me enough time before my next battle to drink myself into the ground and get the bullet worked out of Wolf. Acting half on impulse I opened a com channel and said "Decent job. You've got a bit of skill."

~Ozy~

Years
  • <OOC>Not much. I won my first battle against a PC (player-character) and JJDR's trainer insisted on him entering the upcoming tournament.<OOC>

Master Angel

Have a BAD day. I am.
    Years
  • OOC- ok, great.

IC- I looked down closer at the screen.
    "ok, if my Zaber Fand attacks that wild zoid one more time I win! C'mon, jump and slash!"
    But the Zaber Fang she was controling got hit by a gun on the back of the anonymus wild Zoid.
    "Game Over' appeared on my Game Boy screen.
    "Dang, lost again!" I whined.
    "Are you still playing that Zoid thing on your Game Boy?" my friend Brad asked.
    "Yes, it's good training," I replied.
    "Only problem is you always lose."
    I shook my head. "Not always. Besides, I've been asked to fight in the Zoid Championship Tournament. What do you have to say to that?"
    "Good luck, you'll need it," he said walking out of the room.
    I rolled my eyes. "Thanks for the vote of confidence," I said sarcastically.

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
    Years
  • I punched up the holo-screen to contact my opponent. "Thanks. You certainly put me in my place today. Frankly, I'm simply relieved that I can finally get back to the Lupine Base and get some real repairs done. So, have you always fought solo like this? Or we're you once part of a team?" I asked Jake curiously.

~Ozy~

Years
  • I was getting back to my more usual personality by now and said "I was for bit. It fell apart when some psycho woman got involved."

Master Angel

Have a BAD day. I am.
    Years
  • "Calling Kitten! Calling Kitten!"
    On the big computer screen in the even bigger room showed the transmission from an old fat dude with grey hair.
    "Hey, its the Zoids Tournament commisioner!" I said with a wave. "How's it goin'?"
    "Oh fine thank you," Mr. Commisioner said. "I was just calling to let you know that the Zoids Championship Tournament will be starting this Friday."
    "Aw, Friday? But that's when one of my favorite shows comes on!" Mr. Commisioner gave me one of those You've-got-to-be-kidding looks. I smiled. "Uh, I mean, yeah! I'll be there! Where are they?"
    "I'm sending you the coordinates right now. I hope you and your team can make it!" He gave me a stern look.
    "Uh, yeah, me and my team... We'll be there!" I smiled and turned off the computer. Sliding down to the floor I moaned, "My team?!"

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
    Years
  • "A woman? Indeed..." I replied understandingly. "I can see where you're coming from. I'm the only one left of the Sidewinder Team. I once had five others, but they were back-stabbers as far as I was concerned. They left me one day with just a few spare parts and the whole of the Lupine Tundra Base."
    A thought had occured to me.
    "You seem to be sort of in the same boat as me. How'd you like to join my team? I mean, I'll understand if you wish not to, but I think you'd be a great start to a team rebuild." I suggested, finally bringing my Ramjet around towards Watkins' Wolf and approaching him slowly.

~Ozy~

Years
  • "Why not" I replied lightly. I tacked on "I meaan, it'd lengthen our odds in the Tournament. Just lemee register the change with the ZBC." I punched a few items into my computer and began a brief transmission noting the change to the Comission headquarters.

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
    Years
  • "Most excellent." I replied. "You got a base to go to? The Lupine base is about 400 kilometers from here, only a few hours if we dash it. Care to come along?" I asked. Reading to head back home.

~Ozy~

Years
  • "Naw, no base. In my spare time I use a parking garage and apartment." I turned wolf to Anthony's heading and followed after him.

Master Angel

Have a BAD day. I am.
    Years
  • I looked up. Brad had entered the room. Hey... idea...
    "Hey Brad," I said, walking up to him.
    "Hello," he said back.
    "where were you?"
    "Aw man! I got this totally cool new back cannon for my sheild liger, it's got 5,000-"
    I stopped him there. "Ya know, I could sure use a partner in the Zoids Championship Tournament, and since you didn't get invited, you wanna go with me?"
    "Uh, yeah, sure."
    I would have jumped up or punched my fist in the air or something to show my excitement, but I didn't. That wouldn't have been cool. "Ok, tournaments this Friday."
    'Wow, two days!"
    Those words hit my like a boulder thrown by... somethin' real strong. He was right, the torunament was in only two days... we needed to shape up!
    "Hey, let's go find some pilots to fight against!" I said and pulled him out of the room.

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
    Years
  • Back at the Lupine Tundra Base, unique for being one of the few bases within the chilled norhtern alpines on planet Zi, I finally got to give my Ramjet Fire Fox a full system check and repair. Despite losing that last battle, the three before it earned me tremendous amounts of cash. It'll take a bit to repair Ramjet back to full capacity, but it's worth it given the fact that I can actually use real parts rather than spares. Jake Watkins was elsewhere in the base whilst I worked on the front-left leg of Ramjet. Immediatly after tighting the final bolt for that section, I had heard the sound of the computer screen bring up the chimes of a ZBC transmission. I answered to be faced by the all too familiar white judge.
    "Sidewinder Team, you will be participating in a battle against Team Kitten (<OOC>:This is an assumption for the moment.</OOC>) in battle mode zero-nine-eight-two. The battle is set to take place on the northwest corner of the Deagan Pennisula at cooridinates X:27 Y:115 at 1000 hours Thursday Morning." The judge explained.
    "Confirmed. We'll be ready." I replied without hesitation. Thursday would be in about three days. More than enough time to finish repairs and rest up.
    "Excellent. Good luck, Team Sidewinder." The image on the screen blipped out. I glacnced at Ramjet for a second and then went in search of Jake to inform him of the upcoming battle.

Master Angel

Have a BAD day. I am.
    Years
  • My holographic-projector watch beeped and a white judge appeared on the veiw-through screen.
    "Team Kitten," the judge began.
    "Kool, I have my own team name!" I said.
    The judge ignored the interuption. "You will be facing the Sidewinder Team in battle." It gave the time and coordinates before making sure I knew what I was doing and disappearing.
    "Man, we've got our own challenge!" I said to Brad.
    He nodded. "Don't let me down," he said.
    "I won't as long as you don't."

ThEoNeAnDoNlY555

They call me..."Darkness"
    Years
  • At that moment a Image bleeped up on Saphira's screan "Saphira Team Yankara will be faceing Team kitten on sunday after her battle with Team Sidewinder."
    "Okie-dokie!" She said excited to be in her first tournament battle in two days!!
    "Team Yankara leader out!" She hollared saluting the Zoids commisioner
    "Okay..."
    He then bleeped off the screen. She broke out in hard laughter.

~Ozy~

Years
  • I was flicking aimlessly through channels in the living area, waiting for something to do. I only stopped when I realized I'd passed the same show 27 consecutive time. after getting up and relieveing myself I walked back out to find Anthony out in the living area, waiting for me. Yawning I asked "Anything up?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back