• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
LOL! Wouldn't it be nice if J-Pop and J-Rock became mainstream in the US outside of the Anime/Manga/Video Game fandom? It feels weird liking and singing Opening/Ending Themes with everyone looking at me like O_o...

Seriously, people should get over culture shocks due to the web. =P

Last edited:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
I guess you got a point there. But what has happened to the music in US? It just turned into one big mess. I really don't know what is going on. Last year, I really did listen to too many mainstream stuff. It was mostly old music and Japanese music.

Still though, I do need to get over it. You are right. Maybe this year, the US will have great music. ^^

Years
Still though, I do need to get over it. You are right. Maybe this year, the US will have great music. ^^

Oh i didn't mean "you get over it," I meant that the "Average American" should get over it (J Music) and stop stereotyping overseas music. =D

To be frank I prefer Classical Music since I feel that Music nowadays is too loud/shouting and has weird lyrics. XD

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Ah okay. Now that makes sense. Yeah they some record companies need to get some overseas musicians a chance in the spotlight! It isn't fair that they are left in the dark.

Yeah you are right about that. I am hoping music will change for the better this year.

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
I like alot of alternative rock from the U.S.

But my FAVORITE music is most definatly from the British Invasion. That would be bands like The Beatles. :D

EDIT: Halfway to blogs! xD

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
My roommate is obsessed with The Beatles. They're ok imo, but not when I have to listen to them every day of the week. (I need to tell him to put on some headphones XD)

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I'm not really that much of a fan of music, but even so I spend most of my time listening to anime theme songs.
I prefer songs without lyrics for some reason. Don't know why.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Anime theme songs are always entertaining. A few of my closer friends are addicated to the stuff...I mean, I like it, but I wouldn't put it on my ipod or anything =/

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
*jumps into the conversation*

So? Music! :D

I've currently been obsessed with the Killers... ._.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Meh i hateanime music. Anyway lol i love my schools fail safe system for grades. You get a 10(50) for the first 4 months and another 10(50) in the second group of 4 months you got 20 points total and to pass you need 39. Not to worry as if you write 10(50) on every test for every subject it gets doubled and you pass without a doubt. WiN!

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
Anime theme songs are always entertaining. A few of my closer friends are addicated to the stuff...I mean, I like it, but I wouldn't put it on my ipod or anything =/

I love Anime songs. :D Though I just love asian music in general. XD;

My MP3 used to be filled with a lot of anime music, but since I listen to my MP3 24/7, it's always on and my family gets annoyed by the anime music, since some of the songs can be really weird. XD;

matt561

Your French Charizard
Years
This may corrupt the theme as i am british myself but there is nothing special about The Beatles or The Stones etc...

i think the best music there is is a good ol' bit o country

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Anime music is awesome! Especially the Mermaid Melody songs. :P

I pretty much like any kind of music that isn't rap or opera. I'm also not too fond of religious music, heh.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Anime music is awesome!

Word.

I pretty much like any kind of music that isn't rap or opera. I'm also not too fond of religious music, heh.

And word. Although I can tolerate rap above the others. It depends on the song and the musician. If there's actual melodies in the background and a decent message, it's not so bad. ("Ghetto Supastar," for example? Sheer awesome.)

But opera and religious music? I don't know. It tends to sound repetitive for me.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Oh music in general. Well i like rock generally(i think that my signature explains that in a simple way XD) and i hate todays music its either rap or some other teen pop garbage crap. The only good music you can get these days are from slipknot or metallica. And other guitar based bands. Otherwise everything is ver very meh.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Oh music in general. Well i like rock generally(i think that my signature explains that in a simple way XD) and i hate todays music its either rap or some other teen pop garbage crap. The only good music you can get these days are from slipknot or metallica. And other guitar based bands. Otherwise everything is ver very meh.

Agreed...I think good music has to have a bit of an edge to it. 'Tis why I like a lot of hard rock and metal. I suppose everyone's "garbage" music is another persons favorite genre, which is why I don't like to insult rap and teen pop too much ^___^

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Yeah i guess your right. But it has to have like you said a bit of edge and a bit of epic mixed in. I mean you cant get that feeling out of hey hey hey lalalala or yo yo yo poppin caps up yo ass. I am sory if i sound a bit stereotypical or rude but for me it is that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back