• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
One thing for sure, if RS Remake is announced, then we know Diamond and Pearl are getting a remake next generation.
Not really in fact - just because a 'pattern' arises doesn't mean it's going to be stuck to and hence it's no given if RSE remakes happen that DPPt remakes will also happen. Same in that HGSS doesn't ensure that RSE remakes will occur.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
DDPt is still 3DS-compatible. The only way they'd make DPPt remakes is if compatibility is completely broken in Gen 6 like it was in Gen 3.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
1. I want the story in arc form.
For example if any of you guys have played kingdom hearts 2 after you beat all the worlds you have to go back and do them again but with further story added. Lets say after you beat the eliet four before you can challenge the gym leader for a rematch you have to do a little side quest with them. Maybe they will follow you like your tag partner in gen 4. And i want the rematch levels to be in the 80's.

2. instead of a battle frontier i want an actual pokemon leauge. It can be similar to the battle building next to the pokemon center in nimbassa city.

3. I want to see this tournement with all the champions that cynthia talks about.

4. I wann see prof oak.

5. I wanna see it on the 3ds( not for the 3d aspect but for the meomory space and the graphics.

6. If it is on the 3ds i want downloadable content such as new trainers and storyline events.

7. I want the menu system from HG/SS back.

8. I want expanded city and towns

9. i want a bigger map( goes with 8)

10. Follow me feature to return and maybe optional

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
There's not been a game that has moved onto another console in the same generation since Gen 2 (and then it was Crystal that moved from supporting the GB to only supporting the GBC)

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
There's not been a game that has moved onto another console in the same generation since Gen 2 (and then it was Crystal that moved from supporting the GB to only supporting the GBC)
Its not like we have 100 years of pokemon history to go by so its not like it cant happen. And like you said it happend with crystal. And a next gen console has never been released at the star of a pokemon generation ....except for the 2nd gen....and now the 5th. So if it happend like that befor why not now?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
Yes, but even though Crystal was GBC-exclusive it still worked with Gold/Silver and RBGY. To make a 3DS version of Pokemon, compatibility would have to be completely changed, perhaps even removed.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Are we trying to ignore Nintendo efforts to move Pokémon (and Nintendo's two other biggest franchises) onto the 3DS now? With the upcoming wave of new 3DS games (Including the first ever original handheld Mario game) by the end of this year the DS's era has finally ended. The last bones Nintendo wants to throw to the DS owners are Kirby Mass Attack and Zelda: Four Swords for the people who wonder why they ever bought a DSi.

Yes, battling compatibility will be lost just because the battle engine will most likely be completely reconstructed for a 3DS Pokémon game, while there are no problems with some form of Pokémon transfer from DS to 3DS. But Game Freak already used BW as a opportunity to update the battle engine and tweak existing moves at the expense of battle compatibility between the fourth and fifth generations.

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Yes, but even though Crystal was GBC-exclusive it still worked with Gold/Silver and RBGY. To make a 3DS version of Pokemon, compatibility would have to be completely changed, perhaps even removed.
Why couldn't BW be compatible with a 3d remake version. ( Im not trying to be confrontational. You probably know more than me when it comes the the specs of it all, so i ask this question because i want to know lol)

Are we trying to ignore Nintendo efforts to move Pokémon (and Nintendo's two other biggest franchises) onto the 3DS now? With the upcoming wave of new 3DS games (Including the first ever original handheld Mario game) by the end of this year the DS's era has finally ended. The last bones Nintendo wants to throw to the DS owners are Kirby Mass Attack and Zelda: Four Swords for the people who wonder why they ever bought a DSi.

Yes, battling compatibility will be lost just because the battle engine will most likely be completely reconstructed for a 3DS Pokémon game, while there are no problems with some form of Pokémon transfer from DS to 3DS. But Game Freak already used BW as a opportunity to update the battle engine and tweak existing moves at the expense of battle compatibility between the fourth and fifth generations.

I do agree. Its not like sales will be low because the remakes is 3ds only. In fact that will probably raise 3ds sales that year

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years

I agree with this, and I think that Nintendo will want to move the series to the 3DS as soon as possible for the reason that they want the 3DS to sell. Sure it's got tons of great games coming out, but Pokemon is one of their biggest hitters in the handheld market.

But do you think that's really the end for the DS line? You don't think they'll release "Grey" on the DS?

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Nope because it makes a strange disparity between their franchises so far:

Mario: Three 3DS games in development
Zelda: One 3DS game about to be released
Pokémon: Already a spin-off game in the final stages of development.

Game Freak don't have anything planned for release this year (otherwise we would have heard about it by now) so the next Pokémon game won't be out until 2012, by which time there might be even more big name games slated for release. Most importantly, at that point there's more money to be made from Pokémon on the 3DS - the games retail for more than DS titles, people are more likely to buy a more advanced, prettier 3DS title than another DS one and it can provide another big system seller alongside Super Mario.

(Maybe even something to say "Don't buy a Vita" - the DS won the last war despite being a much weaker system because it had a much better lineup of original titles compared to the occasional new PSP game amongst the sea of scaled-down PS2 and PS3 titles)

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
1. I think trainers should have different dialog depending on how you do in battle. For example we all have experience with that one gym leader we lost to many times right, so instead of talking like its our first time battling i would like it if they acknowledge that we have been there before. And for trainer battles lets say you beat them with one pokemon they could respond with like a .... ..... ....wow.... ....your strong (dragon ball z talk) but if you just beat them barely they could respond like that battle was amazing but next time ill win, (or something like that). Each type of trainer could have a different response depending on there personality.

2. I think certain trainers and gym leaders should be able to move around instead of standing in the exact same place all the time. I think it would be cool to see a trainer you beaten in like route 3, at route 12 just going about his business .

3. I would like your pokenav to work like the pokegear so people can call you up for rematches and other things.

4. I see no reason it shouldnt be on the 3ds

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
1. I think trainers should have different dialog depending on how you do in battle. For example we all have experience with that one gym leader we lost to many times right, so instead of talking like its our first time battling i would like it if they acknowledge that we have been there before. And for trainer battles lets say you beat them with one pokemon they could respond with like a .... ..... ....wow.... ....your strong (dragon ball z talk) but if you just beat them barely they could respond like that battle was amazing but next time ill win, (or something like that). Each type of trainer could have a different response depending on there personality.

2. I think certain trainers and gym leaders should be able to move around instead of standing in the exact same place all the time. I think it would be cool to see a trainer you beaten in like route 3, at route 12 just going about his business .
Those two would be too hard to come in life.
3. I would like your pokenav to work like the pokegear so people can call you up for rematches and other things.
It already does. O_O

Last edited:

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen May 6, 2012
These games were totally awesome and I must say the thought of traveling through the Hoenn region with Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon is way cool. I would love for them to include a new and improved Poke'Walker and keep the feature of Pokemon being able to follow you around from the last set of remakes.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Those two would be too hard to come in life.

It already does. O_O

Oh yea your right lol. well hopefully they give it an update
why would it be to hard to come in life? especially if its on the 3DS

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
There's nothing challenging about writing dialogue that differentiates between the first time you face someone and subsequent attempts - it's been done before in other games but not many RPGs allow the player to continue from a defeat instead of reloading their last save, so it doesn't pop up much. Neither really for scripting different dialogue based on your result.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
There's nothing challenging about writing dialogue that differentiates between the first time you face someone and subsequent attempts - it's been done before in other games but not many RPGs allow the player to continue from a defeat instead of reloading their last save, so it doesn't pop up much. Neither really for scripting different dialogue based on your result.

That was my thinking, its like your an un defeated trainer. Not too realistic( lol i know realism in a pokemon game, but still)

Femme Fatale

THE FEMME FATALE!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 20, 2011
I would love for this to happen. Kyogre is my absolute favorite legendary of all-time and would love to play the game with updated graphics :)

champ4life

currently failing
Years
The new Ds's dont have GBA slots so i think a remake is necessary. my opinion

AND IF IT CAME OUT I WOULD BUY IT HELL YEA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back