• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • he/him
  • UK
  • Online now
A thought just occured.
How are they going to handle Regigigas?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
That, my friend, is an extremely valid point.

Perhaps he's un-lockable in the Sealed Chamber after you unite the trio? Or he appears in Scorched Slab...after all, they didn't give that place a purpose throughout the entire 3rd Generation.

Although personally, I'd prefer it if he didn't appear. Bring him back in Gen VI with the Sinnoh remakes. The whole legend of him being sealed away in Sinnoh and the Trio of protectors being transported to Hoenn to help separate them, then sealed away in the hope that somebody may one day tame them? Brilliant, doesn't want to be messed with. Little things like Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno, or Lati@s moving to a different region for a bit, they make sense as they can fly and may get bored. Particularly the part about Ethan obtaining the Soul Dew, which then lures Latios and Latias, one of whom confronts him, the other one promptly running around the region, not sure whether to seek capture and be re-united with his/her sibling, or to flee.

Still, they're probably going to add Regigigas, and possibly some other Gen I-IV legends, into Hoenn aren't they?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2012
#7 Although there is speculation of this being about R/S/E it also has been said by almost exactly equal amounts that this is about HG/SS. Also if they did do a remake it would just be R/S with Emerald features and new features.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • he/him
  • UK
  • Online now
# Also if they did do a remake it would just be R/S with Emerald features and new features.

.....That's exactly the point of remakes.
Updating an old game with new graphics and features to cater for both old (nostalgia) and new (the chance to play something they've never had the chance to) fans.

Years
These games were totally awesome and I must say the thought of traveling through the Hoenn region with Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon is way cool. I would love for them to include a new and improved Poke'Walker and keep the feature of Pokemon being able to follow you around from the last set of remakes.

That's a nice suggestion. Maybe they'll make a feature that will allow you to catch non-Hoenn native Pokemon. I'd love to see a remake of R/S cos Generation III was my first set of Pokemon games that I played.

Console-wise, I'd like it to be on both DS and 3DS cos I still have a DS Lite.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday

I could see the Hoenn Safari Zone perhaps gaining yet a further area to house some Sinnoh / Unova pokémon, and more Kanto / Johto ones. Just hope they keep the Poke Block mechanics in there.

Although you have to wonder, seeing as they've made it possible to evolve Feebas without beauty, if these are even going to happen...or if they'll include contests, or rather the Pokémon Musical.

And do you wonder what level the legendaries will be available? I can see the Golems being lv.30 too, but what about the respective mascot and Rayquaza? Lv.45 and Lv.50, or Lv.45 and Lv.70, perhaps? And do you think one of the Emerald elements will be that you can capture the other mascot too? Perhaps a little post-game involving the missing team (Aqua in Magma, Magma in Sapphire) leading up to the release and your capture of the legendary pokémon?

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
This might've been posted before, but I didn't see it in the first post, so I may as well give it a shot.

Remember Butler from the Jirachi: Wish Maker movie (or rather, the main antagonist of the movie for those of you who haven't seen or don't remember)? Well, this movie happens to take place in Hoenn, during the Advance generation of the anime. Here's a little something I found in Bulbapedia:

From Bulbapedia:

"Butler makes a cameo appearance in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum on Route 229 as an Ace Trainer using a level 55 Salamence and Dusclops. However, this Easter egg was not recognized by the translation team, who named him Felix in Diamond and Pearl. His girlfriend Diane (named Dana by the translation team) is next to him and the two can be engaged in a double battle or battled alone. Dana uses Butler's other two Pokémon, Mightyena and Kirlia. Also when approached, Felix states, "Welcome to my Pokémon show!" "
Here's the source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Butler Check the bottom half of the page. o_o

Anyway, I'm not sure if this applies (it seems like more of a cameo than a hint at a R/S/E remake, but it IS there :P).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday

Hmm...no, I personally think it's just a movie reference that's literally been "lost in translation", not a remake hint.

Corsola retaining its pokédex entry that seems to reference Hoenn from GS: "In a south-sea nation, the people live in communities that are built on groups of these Pokémon." is possibly more of a hint, as last time that pokédex entry appeared, it was eventually preceded by the region with towns built on top of Corsola (Hoenn).

But you could probably just as easily dismiss my theory as I dismissed yours, so who knows?

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Hardly - the localisation team behind HG/SS just copied entries from G/S verbatim, and possibly the original Japanese writers too.

Brendan859

Hoenn Champion
Years
I would DEFINITELY buy remakes of Ruby and Sapphire because I love the 3rd Gen.I don't think that the remakes will be only for the 3DS,though.

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
Years
Well,since Nintendo have a 2 gen skip policy

GRBY
GSC
RSE + GR2
DPPt + GS2

So by logic RSE2 is coming next

Brendan859

Hoenn Champion
Years
I like Mudkipz....So...Does that mean I can haz my R/S/E remakez nowz? :-)
So you lke Mudkipz and you think you can have your R/S/E remake now?

HELL YEAH!! >:D

Well,since Nintendo have a 2 gen skip policy

GRBY
GSC
RSE + GR2
DPPt + GS2

So by logic RSE2 is coming next

Well I certainly hope for it........ :)

They will do R/S remakes, in Lance's room in HG/SS There's a red/blue Pokeball
where he is standing, that's a hint.
It would be great If they do like B/W, In the last gym make Wallace in the remake of Ruby, Juan in the remake of Sapphire.
WOW that's a ****in' awesome idea!!!!

BUT Steven will be the Champion,am I right?

Last edited:

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I imagine they'll make Wallace champion, and Steven a character similar to Red in HG/SS.

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
They need to make a remake of R/S/E the U.S. Has had B/W for a while, It's lost the cool factor as it has no after game content that's very cool in my opinion. Fighting Cynthia and morimoto was nice, but I don't want it anymore. I would kill for the battle frontier.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Ugh, I really hope they don't make Wallace champion in the remakes. Hope its Steven

TheOrangePichu

Currently working on new hack
Years
Sapphire was the first ever game I played and it got me into pokemon. I loved Emerald as well. THe battle fronteir, the expanded safari zone, everything. Although, I do believe they will make, not a Red and Green remake, but make a Yellow Remake with the 3ds current graphics. I think they will go in this pattern.

RBY
GSC
RSE + RB Remake
DPPt + GSC Remake
BW + Yellow Remake then RSE remake
etc. etc. then when the sixth genereation comes it'll be
6 gen games + Crystal remake then DPPt remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back