• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theab95

Legend hunter
Years
  • IMO the champion will be steven then in the rematches it's Wallace and you can battle steven in a new
    area in meteor falls, he will be in a top of a mountain like red.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2013
    anyone noticed that the both stalkers of r/s/e and b/w steven and N both have the two region-native fossils in their final teams? no one of sinnoh or kanto share this coincidence

most people are just complaining about the boring waterroutes and dumb shallow storyline the r/s/e-games are made of but if the remakes will follow (that should be sure) the depths of the b/w-stories then there will be lot of improvement

it doenst matter if people are against a remake, the majority of players would still buy the games and dont forget the below-10 players who also buy some crap like pikachu pokepark wii or rumble

I consider myself lucky that the only batteries that have died in my pokemon games are in Emerald and Sapphire, and yet can still play them.
    My Blue, Silver and Crystal still work beautifully.

another hint
    gen 3 batteries are dying so people must buy the remakes to properly play r/s/e

Last edited:

CrowSama

Too. Much. Caffine.
    Years
  • I would love to see R/S/E remakes, but I would have to say if they wanted to make much more money they would have to release it on the regular DS first, then the 3DS. With crummy sales on the new handheld, it would be nothing short of a completely outlandish idea.

Other than that, I would love to see perhaps the contests remade. Include elements of the Gen. 4 contests, and maybe add a bit more? Like the battles in the anime contests. Also would love to see the legendaries cutscenes in the style they used for all the B/W cutscenes. I think they are all great games, but I would love to see R/S/E on the DS :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I would love to see R/S/E remakes, but I would have to say if they wanted to make much more money they would have to release it on the regular DS first, then the 3DS. With crummy sales on the new handheld, it would be nothing short of a completely outlandish idea.
    How crummy are they currently, curiously...? (Especially now OoT came out come to think of it, that may have given it a boost). And more importantly the next main Pokemon game, whatever it will be, will probably be out in Japan in the latter part of next year at the earliest (given their pattern of going with September-or-so releases) and hence on english shores in 2013, so I'd say it's fairly possible the 3DS sales won't have picked up by then when other big-name games come out for the 3DS?
    Other than that, I would love to see perhaps the contests remade. Include elements of the Gen. 4 contests, and maybe add a bit more? Like the battles in the anime contests.
    I personally liked contests as they were in 3rd gen compared to 4th gen, but that's just me. The dress-up parts for instance didn't really interest me though.
    Also would love to see the legendaries cutscenes in the style they used for all the B/W cutscenes.
    Agreed there, certainly - that could be quite neat to see.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years

However, Pokemon games sell Nintendo's handhelds.

Since they're phasing out the DS really fast, I don't think it would make much sense to put them out for the DS now.

"Crummy sales" is a bit of a silly thing to say, anyway. I doubt these remakes would come out any sooner than this upcoming holiday season. Considering that two brand new Mario games are coming out for the 3DS this holiday season, sales should really start turning around with that. We can talk after that, however right now we don't know where the console will go. Remember, the DS had a very slow start. Look where it is now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2011
    I would rather Pokemon Grey come out first, and then R/S remakes. Because then we can have the battle frontier for both games like Ptt and HG/SS :D

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Personally, I would give your rivals 5 pokémon during the Lilicove city battle.
    I'm using their R/S teams for reference.

Brendan
    If you chose Treecko:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Torchic:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Mudkip:
    Spoiler:

Just highler levels, mostly.

May
    If you chose Treeko:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Torchic:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Mudkip:
    Spoiler:

Rematch teams (post elite four)
    Brendan
    If you chose Treeko:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Torchic:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Mudkip:
    Spoiler:

May
    If you chose Treeko:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Torchic:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Mudkip:
    Spoiler:

Thoughts?

I would rather Pokemon Grey come out first, and then R/S remakes. Because then we can have the battle frontier for both games like Ptt and HG/SS :D
    Personally, I would prefer 2 battle frontiers.
    Gen V's battle frontier in Grey, and a remade version of gen III's battle frontier in the R/S remakes.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • Personally, I would give your rivals 5 pokémon during the Lilicove city battle.
    I'm using their R/S teams for reference.

Brendan
    If you chose Treecko:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Torchic:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Mudkip:
    Spoiler:

Just highler levels, mostly.

May
    If you chose Treeko:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Torchic:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Mudkip:
    Spoiler:

Rematch teams (post elite four)
    Brendan
    If you chose Treeko:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Torchic:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Mudkip:
    Spoiler:

May
    If you chose Treeko:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Torchic:
    Spoiler:

If you chose Mudkip:
    Spoiler:

Thoughts?

Personally, I would prefer 2 battle frontiers.
    Gen V's battle frontier in Grey, and a remade version of gen III's battle frontier in the R/S remakes.
    I like the teams But in the rematches I think the levels should be higher.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Here's what I think the gym leaders teams will be.

Roxanne
    geodude
    geodude
    nosepass

Brawly
    Machop
    Meditite
    Makuhita

Wattson
    Voltorb
    Magneton
    Manectric
    Electrike/Magnemite/Pikachu

Flannery
    Numel/Vulpix(Either one will be replaced with Vulpix)
    Slugma/Vulpix
    Camerupt
    Torkoal

Norman
    Vigoroth
    Spinda
    Linoone
    Girafarig
    Slaking

Winona
    Tropius
    Pelipper
    Skarmory
    Swellow
    Altaria

Liza & Tate
    Solrock
    Lunatone
    Gardevoir(If Gallade is added)/Claydol
    Gallade/Xatu

Wallace/Juan
    Wailord(Luvdisc is too weak this late)
    Sealeo
    Seaking
    Ludicolo/Gyarados
    Milotic/Kingdra

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
  • Gyms
    Spoiler:

Elite 4
    Spoiler:

Gym Rematches
    Spoiler:

Elite 4 Rematches
    Spoiler:

I also want the Emerald Battle Frontier and for the Rival to be battle-able somewhere post-national with this team.

Rival: Aggron lv73, Torkoal lv73, Swellow lv73, Breloom lv73, Roserade lv73, Swampert/Blaziken/Sceptile lv76

FTW!!!!

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Why would Steven have a Volcarona it isn't a fossil or a steel type. Any why give the rivals 3 grass types, 2 fire types and 2 fighting types?

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
  • Before, I would have said no. BUT after seeing those points made about the similarities, I definitely do think there is a high possibility. Heck, Hoenn is the only region we haven't seen with DS graphics, so I am sure they would want to.

grovyle802

Great at pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2011
    There are a large number of reasons I would say no, but I think that Nintendo will likely make it for the simple reason that it will sell.

The only real reason FRLG and HGSS were necessary is that there was no compatibility between the originals and the third or fourth generation. Ruby and Sapphire are still compatible, and as such a remake would be obsolete. Also, you can already obtain Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, not to mention Latias and Latios, in HGSS. In short, there's no reason to make a remake, but why wouldn't they?
    Maybe they would remake it so players could have fun using sinnoh and unova pokemon in a game that they couldn't before.

I heard that the ruby remake would be called spirit ruby and i was thinking a good name for the saphire remake would be destiny saphire

Last edited:
    Years
  • Including some stuff HGSS has like before entering a landmark like Bell Tower/Ilex Forest picture, Pokemon following you, GBA Sounds, etc.

Also for Gym Leaders:

Roxanne- Geodude 13, Aron 13, Nosepass 15
    Brawly- Machop 18, Meditite 18, Makuhita 20
    Wattson- Pikachu 20, Voltorb 20, Magneton 22, Manectric 24
    Flannery- Vulpix 24, Slugma 24, Camerupt 26, Torkoal 29
    Norman- Swellow 27, Linoone 27, Spinda 29, Slaking 31
    Winona- Golbat 29, Tropius 29, Skarmory 30, Pelipper 31, Altaria 33
    Tate & Liza- Xatu 42, Claydol 42, Lunatone 44, Solrock 44
    Juan- Relicanth 41, Sealeo 41, Whiscash 43, Crawdaunt 45, Kingdra 47

I'll show the Elite Four later. Also having many things Emerald had like Trainer Hill, Battle Frontier, Magma vs. Aqua, etc. Also when people call you the Pokenav is silent and ignorable, unless it's someone like May, Wally, Norman, Scott, etc.
    It should be after the BW 3rd game 1st though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Going by the Gym Leader rematches (hopefully they do the match call where you can rematch 5 times)
    Roxanne would be something liiiike;

Roxanne - Golem Lv. 52, Probopass Lv. 54, Gigalith Lv. 50, Rampardos Lv. 56, Bastiodon Lv. 56, Onix Lv. 52

Years
  • Yes I would!

I do believe that handheld Pokemon games will switch to full 3D (a la Final Fantasy III and IV for DS) within the next few years, but that it will not happen with Hoenn remakes.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I do not see Pokemon going full 3D ever. It would ruin the franchise. Yes I know Mario did it and so did Zelda but you can tell LoZ is better in 3D than little pixels. But Pokemon will not go full 3D. If you want to play a full 3D Pokemon game go play Col/XD.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Although it may not seem that it should I think Nintendo will go ahead with it anyway, Mario has gone in 3D so I'm 99.9% sure Pokémon will, hopefully an R/S/E remake. Although I would like HG/SS type graphics for an R/S/E remake.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I do not see Pokemon going full 3D ever. It would ruin the franchise. Yes I know Mario did it and so did Zelda but you can tell LoZ is better in 3D than little pixels. But Pokemon will not go full 3D. If you want to play a full 3D Pokemon game go play Col/XD.

Lol. Your only backup is "it would ruin the franchise". Why? Why would a graphical overhaul ruin the franchise?

I'm curious to see where Gamefreak would go with an Pokemon game in full 3D. With the DS it was easy to get away with keeping the top down view thanks to the DS having blocky 3D, but with the 3DS we are at GCN level graphics. We can have good 3D now.

I don't want to play Colosseum or XD, I want to see how Gamefreak handles it. And I really hope that's where they go this time. In fact, this is part of why I wish they would skip over R/S remakes and go straight into the sixth generation. I want to see how they go with Pokemon on a console that is this powerful. Sticking with sprites and the top down view might be a bit weird on a console like this.

Besides, it's about time for a change. As long as they keep very similar gameplay and don't try to change the battle system up much than I don't think it will hurt the games at all. It will just be a welcome change.

Although it may not seem that it should I think Nintendo will go ahead with it anyway, Mario has gone in 3D so I'm 99.9% sure Pokémon will, hopefully an R/S/E remake. Although I would like HG/SS type graphics for an R/S/E remake.

Mario? Mario had a 3D game on the DS - Super Mario 64 DS. Now consider that they finally brought a 3D Zelda adventure to a handheld with the 3DS. The DS Zelda games were awkward trying to keep with that top down view but also being in 3D. Hopefully we won't see anymore of that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back