• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Astra Story ★ OOC

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Were we going to use different fetch modi or were we just going to go the same way as in checkmate?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
lmfao i really need to do mine

hnng ill try to finish it today but i might have to do everything by the weekend coz uni things :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Were we going to use different fetch modi or were we just going to go the same way as in checkmate?
Tbh I prefer the checkmate redux way :B having to choose a physical item to be your abstract inventory holder. Because if we make fetch modi a thing before SBURB starts... We might have to involve Skaianet again haha.

For example, when you start SBURB as a client player, you pick up a weapon to allocate its kind your strife specibus, right? How about you also pick up an inventory. A bag, a medallion (i'm totes going with that), a looking glass (looking through it, you'd see your items and just mentally pick one to materialize idk), a belt, a pocket, a hat etc

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Alrighty it's completely done now. Added in an appearance and changed some minor things in the personality so that I can figure out what I'm doing once things get going and important decisions have to be made. And then I added a little bit into the family section. Nothing game changing though.

Name: Timothy Settle
Theme song: Casual - Keepers Strife - Phaze and Blood God Tier - An Unbreakable Union
A Special Moment: Shimmer
Appearance: You generally wear either dark or black clothes, or camouflage since you spend most of your time outdoors with the wildlife. You have a necklace that is your prized possession; it's made from the tusks of a wild boar that you took down when you first moved in with your Uncle. You like to wear the moccasins that you were gifted on your 14th birthday by one of your few real life friends, though he moved away about six months ago and you haven't heard from him since. When you go out into the woods you take things in a neat little Native American bag which surprisingly holds quite a bit. On the strange occasion that you're actually stuck around the house you prefer to wear this super comfy sleep suit - one of the few good things that Danyis has given to you.

The sides of your head are shaved but the middle/top is a pretty decent length. You keep most of it slicked back, but you have part of your bangs hanging down over and concealing your left eye. You think keeping your eyes hidden is really cool for some reason, which is why you also wear an eyepatch over your right eye. You don't need it, but you think it makes you look tough so you just do it even though it really hinders your field of vision.

You're pretty fair skinned, and luckily you haven't had much trouble with acne yet. You've burned and tanned so many times that you don't even remember what color your skin once was, but regardless it's now a warm light brown color. You're almost six foot tall, but not quite. If you spiked up your hair you're sure you'd have finally hit that mark, but then you'd look like someone from dragonball z or something and that's just silly. It's cool to think about and watch anime, but you'd never try to pretend that you're an anime character because that's just not crazy and quite frankly the thought confuses and upsets you.

Family: Uncle Red and Danyis

Uncle Red is a simple Park Ranger for the Yellowstone National Park and the brother of your ex-father. He's a simple man of simple tastes and you admire him. If he's upset he'll let you know. If he's happy or excited, he'll let you know. All he has he lays bare for you to see and you aspire to be more like Uncle Red. He's become a real father figure for you after your first one disappeared on you at your seventh birthday. His real name is Radcliffe, but he doesn't like that name, and Rad just sounds silly as an abbreviation so he's called himself Red for as long as anyone can remember. He only has one arm, the other was viciously torn off by a bear one day on the job. His head is shaved and he wears a black baseball cap along with his Park Ranger outfit. He never seems to take the thing off. Danyis thinks it makes him look handsome so he apparently just has a closet filled with all the same outfits. Speaking of Danyis, the two of them are married and have been for about two years.

Danyis is a geologist who's currently studying the rising volcanic activity at the park - and she's more like your mother than you could have ever imagined. Initially she had moved into the house just so she could research and write her final essay so she could graduate, but she and your uncle became attached and now they're married and share the same bedroom. Which is fine for you since now you can go back to sleeping in your own room instead of staying on the couch all the time. Danyis nags you a lot about your future aspirations and really thinks that you should get a summer job and get away from the park for a while since all you ever do is go out with your Uncle, hunt down larger animals and sit on your tablet. While your uncle is handsome and someone to look up to for doing what he does, Danyis believes you to be quite intelligent and also believes that you have much more potential and should go to college and get some kind of degree. Maybe you could even take after your deceased father and go into Psychology? Danyis is kind of tomboyish and has short choppy black hair and usually wears jeans and tank tops or tee shirts. She's also the one who stuffed all of your trophies. Though she doesn't like that you kill the things, she's really into models and taxidermy so she doesn't complain too much once you give her the trophies. She's also really into BL which is actually what originally got you into anime to begin with, but you prefer to look at cute girls.

Home: A small 2 bedroom shack at the base of the volcano. There is a room below the shack that Danyis built and uses for housing all of her equipment and observing the volcano. It's always locked either from the inside or out. She's asked if you wanted to go down there with her before, but you really could care less so you always blow her off. It supposedly cuts into the volcano at some point for a physical viewing port, but you think that's just a ploy to get you to finally go down there otherwise it'd have to be crazy spacious. The inside of your house is littered with things that you've slain and what little space in the house that isn't covered with your trophies has notes and warnings to you about not harming animals and getting in the way of mother nature's work. Red sure does like getting all up in your business, but he's cool so you let it slide.

Spoiler:

Personality: You hate confined areas. You enjoy looking up at the sky and you imagine yourself just floating away instead of being stuck to the same boring old chunk of rock. You spend most of your time outside, running around and protecting your 'friends' by killing the larger animals that would threaten them which you've gotten into trouble for more than once. You really hate being around the house since Danyis is there and she's always trying to get you to come and do research with her and just hang out and stuff. But you're not really into all that.

When you aren't playing around out in the woods you have a few collectible cards that you enjoy playing with. You also have a deck of tarot cards that you use to pretend to tell people's fates for shits and giggles though you don't actually know anything about fate or how to even use a tarot deck. Your Uncle gave them to you one day with literally no explanation other than that you should have them. For some reason the deck only contains the Major Arcana. The cards have got a tempered steel edge and they're like holographic or something. They're pretty cool and you're really actually quite fond of them. Whenever you tap on one of the pictures a 3-D model pops up of whatever it is. Er, well you mean some of them do. When you tap The Fool and The World some things pop up, but none of the other cards really respond; or they do but they just don't really display anything you understand? Who knows with this stuff. It's all weird and confusing.

Moving on, the walls of your room are decorated with pictures of cute anime girls and a varying assortments of weapons. Most of which you just admire for how well crafted they are. You've even got a couple of popular youtube blacksmiths to make you an array of things which you use when you go out to protect your woodland friends. And yes, if your internet friends lived anywhere near you you'd probably even go out and protect them with your cool weapons if they ever got into trouble too. Speaking of which.

Your internet friends. There's seven of them in total, and each one you'd trust with your life - or maybe just invite them to your birthday party or something since that's a lot less extreme and likely to never come up. You're not all too confident in your own abilities, but you've been okay so far so you just kinda wing it on everything you do. Nobody ever really comes to you for emotional or life support or anything and you feel like if you didn't insert yourself into their lives every now and then they would just completely forget that you exist altogether.

Which is another of your biggest fears. You hate the thought of dying and being forgotten. You wish you could be someone important and have someone remember you for something. You don't care so much about the dying part, but when you think about being just another joe schmo in the history of the world you get hella depressed. Not that you'd ever let anyone know about that though.

You like to draw art for a certain popular card game and some of it has even been featured on cards printed by the company. A lot of people come to you for proxies since you don't charge a lot and you're not actually half bad at it. You're not the best, but you make money you guess which you use to buy more things that you like so it's not the worst thing you could be doing.

History: Both of your parents died in a freak accident at your seventh birthday party. After the event you moved out to live with your father's brother Red and then after about a year Danyis moved in and they married.

Preferred class: Knight - A real go getter and friend of the forest. Ever since he moved in with his uncle he's been running around protecting animals from harm which leaves him away from his computer more often than most. He's always doing something.
Preferred aspect: Space - He wishes that he would have been gifted with the power over time instead so that he could save his parents from their early deaths. However he's more or less unconcerned with the flow of space-time or what effect his actions would have on it. But if someone else threatens to stomp on his domain you'd better watch out.

Chumhandle: nacreousChampion color is silver #c0c0c0
Dream Moon: Prospit
LAND: Land of Mazes and Frogs
Denizen: Gaia - Greek Goddess, personification of the Earth and mother of all other Deities.
Consorts: Parrots
Ectobiological relations: Danyis - half sister of Tim made from Mom's DNA and Uncle Red's DNA
Strife Specibus and Fetch thing: Cardkind

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Dragon didnt want in :/ are you guys ok with being an uneven number? Nine.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Honestly it'll give us a fun number to play with (9/15 9/16 anyone?), but I'm not sure if it'll work out well if we go for an uneven number. s:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Can consider myself 100% done with my profile now, I think- as long as Rika accepts it.

Nine is fine. I mean, I do like the idea of balance but hey I guess it can work out, and I don't see many problems with it if any. Except maybe ectobiology? Unless you can just get someone to jump on the bandwagon at the last second, but what are the odds

Also, in case the IC goes up, I'll be gone from now until midday Sunday, Eastern US time-or rather, I'll see posts, but I won't be able to make any myself.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
It would make things go a bit slower, since we can't make two teams and a double mobius reach around, but that should be about it.

Also, won't have a computer until saturday night :(
rip

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I don't mind. Obviously an even number would be preferable for many reasons, but if we can't get another player in and everyone else is fine with it go ahead.

Candy

Years
I'm pretty okay with nine players anyway, unless you all want the balance.

Also, how should we deal with the inventory? Are we going to use hammerspace items or cards?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I don't mind the uneven number! Who knows? Maybe it'll make it extra interesting. Though, is it against the rules for someone to play two characters? I'm not up for it personally, but I'm just curious. :)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
oh look at my short username... this is the first one i've had this short good lord

I don't mind the odd number, as long as it works ok, though I think it should work with any number right?Each player gets two copies, one server one client, so it should work out regardless, and everyone gets into the game no sweat. Also, consider that part about winning SBurb removed, if it doesn't work no worries, I'll change SBurb to something else when I don't have to sleep imminently. For the inventory, when we get in, I think I'd like a charm, a necklace to be exact. And for the strife specibus, should we allocate our [weapon]kind now? They should all be different right?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It sure would be fun if they were different!

I have no good excuse for why my own su isnt done yet, except for me being on my phone all the time I guess? I need a quiet evening home gdi

What weapons are you guys thinking of? :))))

Candy

Years
My SU isn't even done yet even when I literally just need to draw the remaining 2 things I haven't added yet, aside from the theme song still searching for the perfect HS soundtrack hhnngghh. It's such a simple task and yet I don't have the time to do it...

I think I'll just write down her appearance and how her house looks like 'cause I am having a blast with the current semester right now... Yeah no handwritten essays are the worst

For weapons, I'm going for the weirdest thing ever: the racketkind. :P

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Fishkind

Naw, my strife specibus was probably going to be something like... Scythekind...

Okay so the reason for this is that a scythe is associated with death, right? Now you're probably thinking "But that would go with Doom, not Heart." Well just hear me out here.

Death's scythe is portrayed in different ways, but how I see it is that their scythe cuts through you and separates you into spirit and physical body. I wanted to build on this and turn Gav's Scythes into weapons which cut through his enemies allow him to connect with them on an instinctual level, through battle. Right? Corny as hell I know but I like the idea.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm considering BRUSHKIND. Paintbrushes. Partly for whooping ass with physically, but also maybe alchemizing in some way so that she can spray acid or fire onto her enemies when she swings it? Instead of paint, I mean. But for that to be a thing well used, she'd need to be an artist perhaps. And I'm not sure I have an artist type in mind ^^

NO WAIT I might have something. UMBRELLAKIND? For stinging and for use as a shield. Very princessy. Maybe.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Cards as weapons. Kinda like ninjastarkind but with cards. They'd have some kind of edge to them so that they would actually do damage and you'd just have to make a ton of them or run after them after you use them until you hit god tier. but i think i'll just spearkind since thats a lot simpler

Back