• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen VII speculation, new features and discussion thread

Where do you want the Next Generation of pokemon to be based in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I think the franchise really needs personalization. Sure, you can change your clothes and your team, but I think a little bit of freedom(limited free roam) and choice would be great. For example, one of my thoughts through the years is how other trainers from other towns get their first Pokemon. Also a choice of how to complete the gyms would be really nice and liberating (sure, the dragon gym would be have to be hard locked to be near the E4) Or, even better, the town you start in could be decided by a little quiz, such as in Mystery Dungeon, or you could just choose. But that's just my opinion.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I've grown tired of them resetting the routes to 1 in the two most recent gens. Thus I wouldn't mind if they did a region based off a nation near northern France (maybe even the south of France as a new region). I would like to see Spain being used. Maybe have a battle facility on Gilbatar (which is disputed by Britain and Spain but then again Sinnoh's BF is on a place Japan claims as there's too but is recognized widely as part of Russia (hence Russia is technically the first country outside of Japan to be the geological basis for an area)). They could have the legends be based on the aztec cardinal gods and have two of them saved for sequels.

AriArk

Survey Corps
Years
I'm not quite sure what gen 7 will be like exactly, other than I hope it won't disappoint me, like ORAS. These games are getting too easy.

I'm pretty sure they won't be evolving pokemon from previous generation, since this has only ever happened in the even number gens, there was no evo's for previous gen pokes in 3 or 5, so there probably wont be in 7. I would really like the region to be based off Africa or China, even though I'm a huge fan of Japan, there's too many based off there. I also think that these two places would give a different feel to the games, however they would probably make it feel the same. I would love for there to be less huge, techy cities and just some very small villages and towns, maybe even get rid of pkmn centers and just have like, a village mage or whatever to heal your pokes. I would also like a deeper, more developed storyline, like what you see in other JRPG's, such as Final Fantasy and the Tales of series. Finally, even though it is obvious they would never do this, I'd love it for them to go back to gen 5 graphics (sprites and stuff), cos honestly, I thought the sprites in battle looked so much better than 3D models, it just suited pokemon more. As well as all this, a completely different idea, maybe something to do with the stars and constellations?

blue

gucci
Years
I'd love to see a UK based region, it would be so interesting to see how built it as a whole. We've had Japan, Manhattan and now France, so how about UK next? ;;

Years
Germany would be nice to see. I want them to base the legends on the legends of the largest empiresintheamericas (Aztec, Maya, and Inca. Maybe one frome each). All of the legendary mascots have thus far been based on Euroasian religions (Chinese (Ho-oh and the Tao trio), Judaism (Weather Trio), Shinto (Dragon trio and Lugia), Hinduism (Kalos), and Norse (Kalos))

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2016
Gen 7 Speculation Thread, Or: How Quickly Will This Thread Die?

So i was playing Y the other day, and passed through a route gate (i dont remember which, but it was horizontal, and there were 2 people talking.) and there were 2 people who were talking in German.

does this mean that Gen VII will be German, and if it is, will we be able to explore Kalos and the new unknown Region?

also: hopes and dreams for gen 7?

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
I think Germany would be pretty cool. I'd like an intimidate like ability but for special attackers. I also think they should switch Ice to super-effective vs Water(this one has never made sense to me, and it would give ice a boost and water a nerf)

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
My hope is that they go for a brand new region with a sad past or whatever. Like having a whole area where there was radioactive burst in past? (Russia)
Maybe we find a poison type psuedo legendary there?

I would want a bit more evolutions to past Mons in 7the Gen too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2016
I think Germany would be pretty cool. I'd like an intimidate like ability but for special attackers. I also think they should switch Ice to super-effective vs Water(this one has never made sense to me, and it would give ice a boost and water a nerf)

that would be amazing, but who would it go to? would they add it as a HA to other pokemon?

My hope is that they go for a brand new region with a sad past or whatever. Like having a whole area where there was radioactive burst in past? (Russia)

Gen 4 and 5 needs more megas. imagine a mega Bronzong!

also, pointing out, in the cutscene where we get the backstory to the death flower/ultimate weapon, the blast points towards the right, possibly Germany. what if they were the enemy in the ancient war, and the reason it lasted so long was because of WWI tactics?

What if...
there's another war, and the enemy team is like the Nazi party, and raging war against Kalos again?

Years

I was talking a friend on here about how the next region could be Russia. I noted how the first four Regions are based on Japan, then I thought about what Unova and Kalos share in common. I came up with these: Based on parts of western nations, both those nations are global powers, were imperial powers (this one they share with Japan), and the one that most appealed to me is that they are both locations of famous revolutions. I thought of what other place has a famous revolution and the communist revolution came to mind. Also Russia happens to share the other aspects the other two share too. Interestingly Russia was founded by a group related to the vikings, meanwhile Northwestern France (a part making up Kalos) was inhabited by vikings (interesting when you note that the Kalos mascots seem to be based on Norse mythology mixed with Hindu gods) too, of which became known as the Normans. So there is room to connect Kalos with the Seventh Gen region. Then there's the stuff the backpacker said about his region being large. Also of interest is how it could hint at a Sinnoh remake, considering that the Sinnoh Battle Frontier is in what is technically Russia.

Tying with the revolution things I noticed that the evil teams have had something to do with the revolutions. Plasma has a King (which ties with the British) who desires freedom (which is what the revolution is said to have been fought for) for Pokemon. Flare has a leader related to the now weakened monarchy (which is what the French revolution overthrew) who went though extreme steps to make his ideal Utopia (extreme is what france's revolution was known for). So perhaps with a Russia based region we'll see another King (or Queen) or a relative (maybe if female an evil take on Anastasia) as the evil villain. One that desire's equality but forces it upon the people like N tried to with the Freedom of Pokemon and Lysander with killing everyone to have his utopia, also perhaps she'll be a hypocrite (like the communists) and really just wants to flip society so that she can be on top.
The story could take place at the same time as Gens II and IV (hinting at a remake and avoiding another strange ORAS and XY relationship).

The largest town will be based on Moscow (and the league could be within the city too, but locked until one get's all 8 badges, making it different from past league HQ's).

Or perhaps it'll be Chile as they own Eastern Island and the item the backpacker gives out looks like a statue from there. Also Chile is bigger than continental France (according to Wikipedia) so it'll fit the backpacker's words. Chile would give us our South American region. The evil team would be people from a far away region that has some control over the region the player inhabits (basing the evil team on the Spanish Empire) or that seeks to control it.

Years
Given that the Kalos region had a big backstory on the war 3,000 years ago, there might be something similar to whatever region will be present. And - as i've discussed before - they might even make the next games from Generation VI in another region and possibly add on to what XY and ORAS had. If i'm not mistaken, didn't AZ's sad tale from XY talk about how Pokémon from other regions participated in that war?

Years
I too agree with that. I don't really get what people hated about XY's storyline (I mean, with B2W2, i'll cave because after BW's spectacular plot, I can understand why some people would find that of its predecessor to be boring), but i'll guess that they thought the villains were lazy and the characters were always coming out and doing nothing productive. I still think Team Flare had it on the big side with Lysandre's motives.

Years
Admittedly, that was kind of what I thought about the plot in XY - for a while there's not much to it that really happens, but after you get the seventh badge, that's when things just burst out from nowhere and the whole event starts. When you reach the labs and the secret HQ, then the plot starts to really get juicy...but then after you've caught the legendary and defeated Lysandre for the final time, then it simmers down until after you've defeated the Champion.

Years
I would like rival teams (Emerald style not Omega/Ruby or Alpha/Sapphire style) to be done again. There could be minor teams that play the comedy relief role and are after minor things/legends. But there could be two big teams that are after the mascots. I would say 6 teams is good. With 1-2 saved for post game related to the third/fourth (I want them to do a mascot quad) game or sequel legends. If the region is larger than Kalos with as much space as between the first two Kalos gyms it'll give us something to do.
The groups could be:

1. Team Rider- a minor group made out of bikers and gangsters who is after a Pokémon based on a the headless horseman.

2. Team Utopia- A group of snobs who use psuedos and other powerful mons with perfect IV's and max Ev's in their best stats who seek only perfect of Pokémon and want to purify the Pokémon and the world of the weak. Based on the eugenics movement.

3. Team Mega- a group that seeks to monopolize Mega Evolution in the region (and beyond eventually). Could be restricted to 7 members. Together they'll have megas of all Seven Gens.

4) Team Rebirth- A group that has seeks to recreate the world into what it should've been. They seek to creat a more natural world by eliminating Megas (which they see as unnatural due to their connection to the ultimate weapon) and all technology. They recruit the Pokémon of Destiny to do just that. Based on anti-technology movements.

5) Team Future- Seeks to create a better world through technology. Uses tech developed by the six past Gen teams, mostly Galactic and Rocket tech. Manipulates/commands Team Utopia and Team Mega into helping them. They search for the Pokémon of Fate.

6) Team Balance- A team that has close ties with the Interpol. After having watched everything that has happened from Gen I/III-XY in the timeline they seek to bring balance to the world, but by destroying those who upset it. They hunt down the Pokémon of Karma to provide Judgement on all the evil people of the world. Based on take vigilanties.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
6 teams ? way too many the game will be cluttered in it. I am fine with just 1 team.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
2 at max like in white 2 or emerald. Better keep more teams for following generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back