• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    ^ I'd suppose so. I've said the Kyu bit like when you say Kyuubi. I guess it does have a sort of Qu sound in it.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I can hear more sound of Ki in Ki-you than in Q where you just said it as Kyu without forcing much of the sound. :p

Years
  • It should be pronounced with the 'cu' from 'cute' or 'cure' and then the 'rem'. Two syllables only. All other pronunciations are wrong until someone objects.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well, things like that are pretty obvious imo. Kyuurem and Zekrom and Reshiram and all that, but things like Escavalier are kind of .. undetermined? I mean is it pronounced French, or what?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I pronounce it french just by default, lol. Because "chevalier" is a french word for french knights, and it looks like a knight. :3;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I've always pronounced Kyurem as "cure 'em". Until the anime proves me wrong, is how I'll continue to say it haha. I love the name Escavalier too and I've been pronouncing it "Esca-veil-ee-ar". It just sounds so right to me!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Mr. Dog, your accent is wrong on the "trés"!

Bulbapedia says it comes from escargot and chevalier but I don't see the escargot...he's not a snail!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Mon 'accent' est correcte, Toujours. Si vous ne me croyez pas, vérifiez par vous-même sur Google Translate ... dont je n'ai pas utilisé par écrit ma phrase précédente.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Hm, maybe you're right. I don't remember ever writing it like that though...I was terrible at accents to begin with. xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well....remembering the name of the language is step 1 to doing well in the class. :x

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I took French classes from 7th to 9th grade, but always sucked at it. Took Spanish classes in the 10th and 11th grade, and actually went good due to its similarity to Portuguese (my mother language). And of course English. I'm good at it, but I don't master it either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back