• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony?

Which one?

• Nintendo

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • Sony

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • I'm doing a poll on these three companies, because I see as though that these video game developing companies are what people mostly talk about these days. So!

Out of these three, Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft, which do you prefer, in terms of video games, consoles, products, or general relations with customers, and gamers, or pretty much any other thing you can think of?

Which one do you like the most and why?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Microsoft. I know they get hate; but honestly they just handle online and games the best.

Yeah, yeah, they have that weird obsession with systems being "water coolers! WOO" and stuff, but the nice thing about multi purpose products is - you don't have to use the functions you don't like :U

I use my Xboxes for gaming alone. Netflix, Hulu, and cable on a console are not for me. Gears of War, Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Below, and Crackdown are for me.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Well since I like them all equally the only thing I can base it on is exclusives. I don't care for halo so xbox is really gone and then I haven't played many playstation games, so really I guess I'd have to go with Nintendo because they have exclusives that I actually play though I don't so much like the consoles, their handhelds are on par with sonys.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's Nintendo, without a doubt, and I have many reasons for it. One, big would be is that, for me, I have dozens of childhood memories with their consoles. As a kid, I'd play games on GameBoy Color almost every single hour, from morning to night. There were lots of games available for it, with two of my most favorites being Donkey Kong and Mario. Same goes for Nintendo 64, with few of my most-played titles being Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Super Mario 64; to me, they were all fantastic. Years later, I found myself buying GameCube, and enjoyed it even more. Then it was Wii, and now, I've got myself a set of Wii U. To put it all together, I've been following Nintendo ever since I was little, and still am. Will I ever stop? That's hard to tell, but I hope not. Their stuff are (mostly) family-friendly, and could be afforded by almost everybody. This, if you ask me, is a huge thing.

Up next would be Sony. Their products, like above, are pretty affordable, too; only thing different is they seem to have more mature video game titles available. Though, only consoles I've ever bought from them is PlayStation 2 and PSP. Was planning to get PS3 at some point, too, but wound up going with 360 instead. In future, I have plans to purchase a set of PS4.

As far as Microsoft goes, they're good. Only thing I dislike about them is how costly their items and services could be every now and then, but aside from that, I suppose I have no complaint.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Nintendo. They've made me understand the need to not give a damn about graphics, even if sometimes they're nice. I've honestly had no need to use a console with POWER, when I have my PC. Missing out on exclusives? Sure. But eh, I'm not missing out on Nintendo games, so it balances out.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I will back Sony. Sony consoles were born out of a fallout between Nintendo and Sony. Not only does Sony handle it's PR better than the other two (most of the time), they also provide a vast diversity in their provided products. Consoles, phones, televisions, tape decks, audio and visual technology, etc. Sony is truly a monster when it comes down to business.

Microsoft may have the cash behind it to push forth with great titles, but the relationship it has with consumers has a shaky track record at best. If you were alive in the 80's, you'd remember mass lawsuits Microsoft was facing, and again in the 90's. The news about poor service on Microsoft's behalf has faded out of the news circuit, mainly because people caught on to the idea that Microsoft was evil, blah blah blah, change the channel.

Nintendo is also running to catch the coattails of the other two as they step into the PC-like realm.
    Sony provides the most support to individual developers. Microsoft is just beginning to get the idea. Nintendon't (sorry, but had to say it).

Nintendo is also the strangest of the bunch. They lock up great titles like Metroid for years at a time, and when fans clamor for another side-scrolling shoot 'em up, they put Other M on the shelves. Yeah, great. Instead of playing that game, let's go into the kitchen and play five finger fillet instead? On top of poor licensing, Nintendo also changes the styles of its consoles radically. From a VCR like set up (Famicome was top loaded), to the top load of the SNES and 64, then to the Gamecube and it just got weirder from there.

Microsoft. Kinect. Microsoft supports the Kinect. Microsoft still supports the kinect and puts out games for the kinect on a regular basis despite outcries from the gaming community as a whole. Initial release of the Xbox One made it a mandatory purchase.

Ages ago, Sony backs the Playstation eye. Had better motion capture than the first Kinect. Sony put out games for the Playstation Eye. It did not catch on, Sony dropped games it had planed for the eye. Instead, the eye is now a camera

Sony backs the Playstation move. Develops games for the move. People do not respond well to the move, Sony eventually phases out the move. Meanwhile, great games are being released for the Microsoft Kinect (sarcasm).

Nintendo doesn't release SNES games on the 3DS store, regardless of the abilities of the machine. Poor choice.

Sony puts PS1 games on its store on a regular basis. Currently, due to a fortunate over look, all PS3 slims can play PS1 games. Hacked PS3s can play Xbox 360 discs.

I have no deep knowledge of Microsoft's store. However, it has not had itself hacked if I can remember correctly. However, Microsoft decided not to install a Bluray reader into its consoles, forcing consumers to change out discs, technology I thought to be obsolete. The idea that you pay the same amount for a DVD as Bluray disc is ludicrous.

Sony isn't region-locked. At all. Online gameplay is free.

Microsoft's online support is not free, and thousands of initial machines fail right out of the box (Xbox and again with the Xbox 360). Further investigation proved that thousands more Xbox 360s have major design flaws, causing the units to eat discs, and burn out.

Sony and Nintendo have had relatively fault free releases.

Online support for Nintendo is still a pain. There no doubt there is more reasons out there, but I must retire now.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Sony always wins.
    Sony does much better job at advertising their products, they have the most games in genres I like and their online features are pretty good.
    Plus they aren't only about one or two brands.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Nintendo for me.
    They're all about fun and the customer service is always extremely helpful and nice. :)
    I love all of their games, Mario, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Smash Bros. I'm more of a multiplayer gamer so I enjoy playing Mario Kart and Smash Bros with my friends. I never liked playing games online so I could care less about those features. I only use my consoles for gaming.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Sony always wins.
    Sony does much better job at advertising their products, they have the most games in genres I like and their online features are pretty good.

I feel the same way as this sir.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to these Big Three, I am going to make my decision based on whether or not they have a branch in Washington State. Seeing as Sony does not, they are not my favorite. Now for when it comes to Nintendo, it has its Nintendo of America headquarters in Redmond and a distribution center in North Bend. So that makes it my second favorite. Seeing as Microsoft has its corporate headquarters in Redmond, Microsoft is my favorite. Plus I buy more games for my Xbox then I do for my other systems.

Last edited:

Yukari

For many reasons, but mainly because (Keep in mind that this is my opinion) they have the best library of games. They have Mario, Zelda, Starfox, Pokemon, and many more. They have tons of exclusives that I'm willing to pay for their consoles.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I like Nintendo for their games, which have impeccable polish and higher standards.
    I like Microsoft for their online services, which are easily the best of the three.
    I like Sony...well I guess Sony is sort of a middle man. When it comes to multiplatforms with no online they're who I go with. I really like their IPs but they're worse at managing them than Nintendo.

I don't really have a favorite.

LOL

OK dude. Whatever you say.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love Nintendo and have always been a huge fan. They make some pretty weird choices, but for every one of those, there's five times as many amazing choices and ideas. I love almost all of their IPs as well.

Next up would be Sony. Like Nintendo, they've got great IPs...one of which I am representing! I'm always late to the party with Sony consoles, but like they say, better late than never.

And Microsoft for me is just...there. Sure, they have the best online play out of the three, but I really don't want to have to pay for it. And besides...I don't play well with others. :P

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • Always loved Nintendo, and I never really saw any difference (save online play) between Sony and Microsoft. I own an XBox for the occasional game that is really good for it. Namely, games like borderlands 2 and Skyrim.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • As much as I love my Vita, I have to go with Nintendo. I'm CONSTANTLY playing my 3DS more than any other system, mostly for pokemon but other things as well. I do on an xbox too, but I hardly ever play it though.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I've become fed up with Microsoft and Sony. I think they both have awesome games on them, but I'm sick of paying so much for online and feeling like I'm just not respected as a consumer.

Nintendo has its issues, definitely, but I just...really love their stuff. Such classic games and series make me nostalgic and feel great about owning Nintendo consoles. I bought a Wii U before Mario Kart 8 came out and I've been really pleased with my choice. I'm absolutely happy with the system and I only own a few games for it. Really excited about what has already been released and even more excited about what is to come!

I also love PC gaming. :>

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I feel like this isn't a fair comparison in the end - Microsoft and Sony don't make games like Nintendo does. When we think Nintendo, we don't just think of the consoles, we think of the games made by the company, so it gets an edge.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • OK dude. Whatever you say.
    Mario, Pokemon, Zelda.
    Ok, 3.

I feel like this isn't a fair comparison in the end - Microsoft and Sony don't make games like Nintendo does. When we think Nintendo, we don't just think of the consoles, we think of the games made by the company, so it gets an edge.
    It's more like... we're on Pokemon forum so Nintendo gets favoritism because of Pokemon.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • There couldn't be a Sony and Nintendo choice, huh? Well I love both companies.

I grew up with Nintendo, and it is a reason, why I play games, in the first place. They always make good games, and doesn't really care on console power, as much as other companies. I think we can all agree that Nintendo has the best exclusives, or at least the more memorable. But they have poor marketing and people are starting to overlook that Nintendo is milking all if their series dry(especially Mario). At least we didn't get a new Mario game this holiday. It sorta gets on my nerves that other companies get flak for Milking a series but Nintendo gets a "Get out of Jail Free Card". Still love them though, and I'm on a Pokémon forum

Sony has awesome titles as well. Their exclusives are also memorable, and have some awesome adventure titles. Uncharted and Jak are good examples. Their consoles are well-made, even if they have more than a few security issues. They have awesome online, despite Microsoft being a tad-better. Playstation Plus is always a good thing, for getting free(and good) games easily.

Thet are both awesome in my opinion, Microsoftmkinda just lags behind, because I never bothered.

Back