• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony?

Which one?

• Nintendo

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • Sony

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I like all for certain reasons. I am shocked I'm wanting Xboner over PS4 (for now) but the games for it seem fun. Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound really look good.

The Xbox One isn't even a bad console. It only gets flak nowadays because people still like to bandwagon on the "Micro$oft you had such a sucky marketing plan at that E3 wut the f r u doin blah blah blah" train. With all of the monthly updates that Microsoft has been adding to it's next gen console, it makes me happy to be an Xbox One owner - they are constantly engaging with the community and responding to what they, the gamers, want to make their gaming experience as personable as ever. It doesn't matter whether or not you think that it's just Microsoft trying to reconcile for it's anti-gaming position; as long as these updates keep rolling out, the Xbox One will be a console that a lot of gamer's will be proud to be an owner of.

Years
    The Xbox One isn't even a bad console. It only gets flak nowadays because people still like to bandwagon on the "Micro$oft you had such a sucky marketing plan at that E3 wut the f r u doin blah blah blah" train. With all of the monthly updates that Microsoft has been adding to it's next gen console, it makes me happy to be an Xbox One owner - they are constantly engaging with the community and responding to what they, the gamers, want to make their gaming experience as personable as ever. It doesn't matter whether or not you think that it's just Microsoft trying to reconcile for it's anti-gaming position; as long as these updates keep rolling out, the Xbox One will be a console that a lot of gamer's will be proud to be an owner of.

I admit for a bit I was making jokes on it but last E3 changed my mind on it. Looks like fun and something I want. I have the Wii U but will get the Xboner for 3rd party stuff. :)

Years
    Microsoft. I know they get hate; but honestly they just handle online and games the best.

Really? Nintendo have been shocking with online up until around 2012. I was always frustrated with Nintendo's consoles and online gaming as it was just a nightmare.

I am going to back Sony. I have just had the most enjoyment with them on average. Nintendo are second as a lot of my childhood gaming was Nintendo consoles.​

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    If it's something you like and might possibly get, why would you continue to mock the name of it then?

I own the bone; and I will forever make fun of its name, but simultaneously love the crap out of it. Don't really see a problem with that~ it's sort of like a friendly jab at this point. Because really, I do love the system - but that doesn't make the name or marketing ploy any less laughable to me. :P

"Dad, what video game systems did you play when you were a kid?"

"Well, I played the Xbox, the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One."

"Oh dad - hahah old people have such bad memories, you just said the same console twice!"

:I "No son... they really made an 'xbox', and 2 generations later after naming the middle console the '360' - they named the newer system the 'one'."

"Wow dad, Microsoft sure was silly back in the day! I wonder if Bill Gates' cyrogenically frozen head would get a laugh out of that!"

"Possibly son; but don't risk angering it or he'll shoot you with his Kinect eye-lasers."

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2014
    Nintendo, because I find their games mostly the best, their consoles are usually the most reasonably priced, and they have Pokemon and SSB.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    I've played all of their consoles and games. Nintendo in my opinion has the upper hand when it comes down to liking their titles more.

Sony dipped off when the PS3 flopped and Microsoft only had Halo that truly captured my attention, but since Halo 4... meeeehhh. Don't get me wrong. I still have my PS2 where I play 'Steambot Chronicles', 'DragonQuest IX' and 'ChoroQ HQ4' and my original Xbox where I have 'MechWarrior 1 and 2, Halo 1 and 2, and one really odd japanese party game, but they are overcrowded by all the Nintendo stuff I have as well.

If I valued all my Nintendo stuff... I would have thousands of dollars in here.... .~.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I've played all of their consoles and games. Nintendo in my opinion has the upper hand when it comes down to liking their titles more.

Sony dipped off when the PS3 flopped and Microsoft only had Halo that truly captured my attention, but since Halo 4... meeeehhh. Don't get me wrong. I still have my PS2 where I play 'Steambot Chronicles', 'DragonQuest IX' and 'ChoroQ HQ4' and my original Xbox where I have 'MechWarrior 1 and 2, Halo 1 and 2, and one really odd japanese party game, but they are overcrowded by all the Nintendo stuff I have as well.

If I valued all my Nintendo stuff... I would have thousands of dollars in here.... .~.

PS2 was by far, the best and most successful of its generation. Xbox broke onto the market, but it was not on the tier the PS2 was in its prime. Even with Halo, it still wasn't quite there. Between the 360 and the PS3 though, the opposite was true; with the 360 being the clear cut winner. Which is what initially led me to the bone. I did consider getting a PS4 in fact, but once again - games and online services swayed me.

Cura

Years
    PS2 was by far, the best and most successful of its generation. Xbox broke onto the market, but it was not on the tier the PS2 was in its prime. Even with Halo, it still wasn't quite there. Between the 360 and the PS3 though, the opposite was true; with the 360 being the clear cut winner. Which is what initially led me to the bone. I did consider getting a PS4 in fact, but once again - games and online services swayed me.

I will not deny, the PS4 is a very nice console and has good playability this gen, but sadly and I don't want to sound strange about it. A study by DigitalFoundry (I believe it was them) found out that the PS4 and XBone are actually 90-95% the same in specs. At first I was sorta shocked to hear this, thinking maybe they are similar, but not the same, right?

I do repairs on consoles and got the chance to work on an Xbone and PS4 since the owner somehow got water in the PS4 and... the XBone was...I don't even want to explain. I took both apart and was even more bewildered after cleaning them out and fixing. Some of the components were actually the same chip, same RAM card, same motherboard, but most things were completely different by labeling, but same in specs. The only thing that tells them apart is their cases, I still can not believe that both consoles are actually clones of each other... ._.

The only thing that was different was the laser-eye that reads the disks.
    That was it, since one was Sony and the other was Microsoft in brand.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I will not deny, the PS4 is a very nice console and has good playability this gen, but sadly and I don't want to sound strange about it. A study by DigitalFoundry (I believe it was them) found out that the PS4 and XBone are actually 90-95% the same in specs. At first I was sorta shocked to hear this, thinking maybe they are similar, but not the same, right?

I do repairs on consoles and got the chance to work on an Xbone and PS4 since the owner somehow got water in the PS4 and... the XBone was...I don't even want to explain. I took both apart and was even more bewildered after cleaning them out and fixing. Some of the components were actually the same chip, same RAM card, same motherboard, but most things were completely different by labeling, but same in specs. The only thing that tells them apart is their cases, I still can not believe that both consoles are actually clones of each other... ._.

The only thing that was different was the laser-eye that reads the disks.
    That was it, since one was Sony and the other was Microsoft in brand.

Even if the hardware is / were literally exactly identical between the two, the software, market, networks, and community for both are still going to be vastly different. Besides just the games that each is going to get, and the online services both run, there's still a difference in who's on which, how they operate, the interfaces they utilize, and so on. Which again, draws me to MS, since after trying both, I like the Xbone's interface much much more than the PS4's. Although I will say the PS4's is a drastic improvement over the PS3's.

Cura

Years
    Even if the hardware is / were literally exactly identical between the two, the software, market, networks, and community for both are still going to be vastly different. Besides just the games that each is going to get, and the online services both run, there's still a difference in who's on which, how they operate, the interfaces they utilize, and so on. Which again, draws me to MS, since after trying both, I like the Xbone's interface much much more than the PS4's. Although I will say the PS4's is a drastic improvement over the PS3's.

I can agree from testing, the Xbone's interface was much better than the PS4's. And yeah, the games, market and communities are two completely different things; but what I was trying to just poke at was the idea they are clone consoles with different skins. Sure, the games for them will be different, PS4 is more of a RPG console (since many titles are that), and Xbone is more incline towards a FPS console, but it just gives him some strange vibes.

I will not disagree with you though, if I was asked to pick either PS4 or Xbone, I'd go with the Xbone since many titles are racing games (something I love). But, since we have Nintendo in the options, I personally go with them for as my main. Its just something about a Nintendo game really touches my heart inside. Is it the story, the appearance, the gameplay & controls, and/or the feel? I can't really say what it is, but I feel driven towards their ware just because it makes me feel happier inside.

I've had some nasty comments in the past from friends and even family alike telling me I am (censor for a lot of curse words here) because I side with company that either makes (another censor) software, spams out clones like mad, or is targeted towards children (that last one made me knock my cousin's teeth out after the eighth curse word). In all honesty though, Sony and Microsoft do the same damn thing. An example is most of the recent Call of Duties (Microsoft) and a lot of the Final Fantasies (Sony).

(Please excuse my personal expression in the written statements above, I get a little emotional [not like crying or anything] when I type, trying to show the view what I am trying to say.)

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Haha, yeah no hate from on Nintendo. I respect them for a lot of what they've done and continue to do. There is no parallel to Nintendo for maintaining a brand / franchise's quality over a long period of time. The origianl Wii era was kinda a two sided coin too, on the one hand they blasted MS and Sony to bits on sales numbers, the Wii outselling both 360 and PS3 by a landslide, but from a more core gamer perspective, it was the darkest of days, as we saw the Wii's game library pumped for of six trillion product placement, cash grab, gimmick, and mini-game collection titles. :c But, again, Nintendo does stick to their core where they can - and the usual entrances to their flagships on the Wii were good as ever. Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, New Super Mario Bros Wii, all those were critically and commercially accepted very well.

Cura

Years
    Haha, yeah no hate from on Nintendo. I respect them for a lot of what they've done and continue to do. There is no parallel to Nintendo for maintaining a brand / franchise's quality over a long period of time. The origianl Wii era was kinda a two sided coin too, on the one hand they blasted MS and Sony to bits on sales numbers, the Wii outselling both 360 and PS3 by a landslide, but from a more core gamer perspective, it was the darkest of days, as we saw the Wii's game library pumped for of six trillion product placement, cash grab, gimmick, and mini-game collection titles. :c But, again, Nintendo does stick to their core where they can - and the usual entrances to their flagships on the Wii were good as ever. Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, New Super Mario Bros Wii, all those were critically and commercially accepted very well.

I know everyone has a certain 'hate' when they hear the word, 'DLC'. We can thank a certain group for that hate as well, I'm looking at you EA Studios.

But on the topic of Nintendo, did you see how they have been doing DLC as of late? Personally when I see this, I see DLC done right and its fairly priced as well. For example, the MK8 (Mario Kart) DLC that is coming in November. Three characters, Four new vehicles (with their parts), and 8 completed race tracks all for $6.99 in the US. I think its 5.99 pounds out in the UK, not sure.

Regardless, its DLC for already finished game which is grand and the price just makes it more sweeter in my opinion.

Years
    Definitely Sony for me, but second place is a tricky one. I grew up on the PS1 & PS2 and probably devoted a lot of my childhood towards playing those consoles. Sure I then skipped out on them for seven years because I wanted a Wii (worst decision ever, curse you 11 year old me) and then after realising the Wii was awful, the Xbox 360 was much more affordable than the PS3 which was good anyway as party chat was very important to me in the end and of course PS3 didn't have that function. But as a result of the silly price point of the Xbox One and all the original poor policies, I'm back where I belong. That said the handhelds Sony produce are much less enjoyable, while technically superior they don't provide any games I desperately need to play.

In terms of the other two, I've always needed Nintendo handhelds for Pokémon, but other than that I tend to struggle with finding worthwhile games to play on them. Ace Attorney is always fun and a few games have lasted a while in the past, but overall it usually seems like I never get to take advantage of the handhelds I buy. Plus there was the Wii I shouldn't have bought which was just ew.

Then there's Microsoft which did me a good five years of service with the 360. It provided a lot of games I enjoyed thoroughly though they were mainly multiplats. Paying for online all that time and it being the only console I've ever had that broke (granted it was after five years, but if my PS1 works this should too) kind of mark down that whole period though.

Overall I don't enjoy many exclusives from any of the companies, I buy a probably unusually large number of multi-platform games so really it comes down to who builds the best consoles and for the best price and whoever has given me great memories in the past. At the moment I'd say Sony is lightyears ahead of the other two for me personally, Microsoft is probably second for having a worthwhile console (sorry Wii U) for someone like me at the moment, but Nintendo could always be second in future and as long as they have pokemon they have a place in my gaming life.

tl;dr They're all good for different reasons, but Sony >>>>>>> MS > Ninty

Edit: I've just realised how fanboyish I probably look between this post and my Last Of Us signature, I'm not, honest. :P

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Edit: I've just realised how fanboyish I probably look between this post and my Last Of Us signature, I'm not, honest. :P
    That's remastered or the original one?
    Since you said you purchased 360 instead of PS3, I presume it's remastered?

Tsche, the poll is too one-sided :/ How can someone prefer company that works with region locks =D

Years
    That's remastered or the original one?
    Since you said you purchased 360 instead of PS3, I presume it's remastered?

Tsche, the poll is too one-sided :/ How can someone prefer company that works with region locks =D

Remastered, I'm glad they made it since it was the main PS3 game I felt I missed out on. I'm hoping to get a PS3 soon to sweep through the rest of them though (and also just for future use to play games I enjoyed that gen since I won't be able to play them on 360).

We are on a pokemon forum though, so understandably it's one sided. I am a bit surprised on how far behind Microsoft is though.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    I like nintendo best. They have more family friendly games. The others have a lot of M rated games which I do not play.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I've always found Nintendo the most reliable for games, the majority of my favourite games have actually been produced by Nintendo. Don't get me wrong though, Microsoft and Sony have some cracking games too.

Back