• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony?

Which one?

• Nintendo

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • Sony

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters

Nillemi

Under my Rock
    Years
    I'd just like to point out, We're on a Pokemon Board. It's gonna lean very heavily towards Nintendo.

So yeah, I voted Nintendo. Despite Sony and Microsoft having some of my favorite games on their systems, they didn't make a single one of them. Nintendo actually made the great games I love.

Plus they actually made Video game consles this generation, Not Gimped PCs. I have a PC, I Don't need a PS4 or Xbox one.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Sony. They were really shaky at the beginning of last gen, but in the end, I use Sony consoles sooo much more than either of the others.

I love the 3DS, but even that, I don't think Nintendo's doing it well. It's taken them too long to get on the online bandwagon and friend codes are a hassle and Miiverse/Nintendo Network is so... weird? You can't add friends on 3DS, only on Wii U. I think it has to do with the OS but... still... whether there's a good reason or not, it still feels broken. Add in the region lock, which I finally caved on and bought a second 3DS (used, though, so I didn't give them more money <_<)... and yeah. I'm not happy with Nintendo, even if I enjoy a lot of games on 3DS. I HATED the remote controller for the Wii (it was so uncomfortable in my hand, it required a fairly specifically sized room to work properly as a pointer in games) and I also dislike the game pad controller for the Wii U, so I haven't really liked Nintendo for TV consoles at all since Gamecube.

Microsoft was my favourite for a long time last gen since they were the ones that got online right, but once I stopped playing games online quite as much, I didn't touch my 360 at all. I played it a little in the last month but I don't miss it at all and haven't bought a game for it in years. I have zero interest in getting an Xbox One so... they certainly don't get my vote.

But Sony? Like I said, they started off kind of shaky but I think they ended up so well by the end of last gen. I have more PS3 games than almost any other console and I still find myself playing it for hours everyday, there are still a lot of games I haven't played yet that I want to try. Honestly, once PS+ became a thing, I was a Sony girl all the way. I do wish they'd put more effort into the Vita, because I want that to be great, but whether they do or not, I adore my Vita and I think it's technically a much better console than the 3DS... it just needs the library. :(

I also kind of make my decision like "if I had to give up all my consoles and only keep consoles made by one of the three, which would it be" and the answer to that is a very firm Sony.

Years
    Hugely one-sided poll so far, ahh.

But yes, Nintendo for me too - I grew up playing Nintendo games and most of my favorite franchises are from Nintendo. No competition at all. Do agree that they could step up their game when it comes to online though, mostly for reasons outlined by Cherrim already.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    There are more votes for Nintendo then for Sony and Microsoft combined and then doubled.

That's... Really surprising to me.

Well, the majority of members here like pokemon, so I don't think it's very surprising at all. :3

I only chose Nintendo because I grew up with nintendo, and so I'm more fammiliar with the games than Sony and Microsoft. Not to say that the games from there aren't good; I've played some of the PS3 and Xbox 360 RPG and some other classics but yeah!

Years
    Dang, Nintendo taking the poll by storm...Anyway, although I'm quite fond of the games that Nintendo brings to the table each year, I feel like I've grown out of that phase during the GameCube era where they started integrating motion controls. Never been a fan of those so I've since stuck with PlayStation as my main gaming console. Not only that, but majority of the PlayStation games appeal to the what I enjoy playing; mature RPGs that have eye-catching graphics. That's not to say Nintendo games do not have those in their games, but overall, games that Sony develop/produce have always caught my attention.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Why no PC option :O?

Well anyway it's definitely Nintendo for me, because the other two just generally suck in terms of being very greedy companies, and in terms of the products they make. PC easily outclasses both of those consoles because the consoles try to be PCs, but Nintendo sort of has their own thing going. Nintendo doesn't try to make their consoles like PCs, because they have their epic exclusives, and they provide a great experience with their consoles, while overall being a lot less focused on money (than the other two). Therefore for gaming, PC and Nintendo all the way, they're the winning combo.

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything, I just want to discuss and share my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    To the people who say that Sony or Microsoft does better online than the other, I'd like to point out that PCs and Nintendo consoles have free online (yes, that means you DON'T have to pay to use the internet you are already paying for), and PC has everything good the Microsoft and Sony consoles have, except much much more and is easily the cheapest and smartest option.

While I know this is between N&M&S, PC does outclass M&S so the only thing to have is Nintendo because of its superiority with not being the biggest corporate money-raker.

So, once again, PC & Nintendo are the winning combo, the other two aren't an option because of them being unneccesary due to the existence of the PC which the Xbox One and PS4 strive, but easily fail, to be like.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Sony is my babe. I'm on my PS3 almost 24/7 either playing games, watching Netflix/Crunchyroll, streaming stuff from my laptop, and all that. I still use my PSP 3000 regularly and my laptop is a Sony Vaio lmao x:

I have all of the seventh generation consoles and my Wii and 360 just collect dust. I even won a PlayStation 4 for free from Taco Bell's "play the future" promo and got it like two days before it was released, but it was a present for my boyfriend so I didn't get to play it. :( Anyway, I think PlayStation Plus is justified with all of the free games that are given, and the discounts. Needing it to play online is something I still have mixed feelings about though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Sony is my babe. I'm on my PS3 almost 24/7 either playing games, watching Netflix/Crunchyroll, streaming stuff from my laptop, and all that. I still use my PSP 3000 regularly and my laptop is a Sony Vaio lmao x:

I have all of the seventh generation consoles and my Wii and 360 just collect dust. I even won a PlayStation 4 for free from Taco Bell's "play the future" promo and got it like two days before it was released, but it was a present for my boyfriend so I didn't get to play it. :( Anyway, I think PlayStation Plus is justified with all of the free games that are given, and the discounts. Needing it to play online is something I still have mixed feelings about though.
    The games aren't really free if you have to pay every month for a Playstation Plus subscription. Not only does the PC have free online, but the games are cheap enough on Steam that you save a lot more money than paying every month to use online and getting the "free" games.

I know this is between the consoles, but PC is better than them.

Not trying to insult anyone's personal preference, I just like to debate and the rules say debates are okay. No hard feelings? :)

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    The games aren't really free if you have to pay every month for a Playstation Plus subscription. Not only does the PC have free online, but the games are cheap enough on Steam that you save a lot more money than paying every month to use online and getting the "free" games.

I know this is between the consoles, but PC is better than them.

Not trying to insult anyone's personal preference, I just like to debate and the rules say debates are okay. No hard feelings? :)

Sure PC and Nintendo have free online, but I like Microsoft's payment options for Gold Membership on Xbox Live. I can buy one year's Gold Membership for $60 where as if I did the three month option over the course of a year, it would cost me $120. So when it comes to costs, I prefer buy one year's worth of Gold Membership over the three month option four times a year.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Sure PC and Nintendo have free online, but I like Microsoft's payment options for Gold Membership on Xbox Live. I can buy one year's Gold Membership for $60 where as if I did the three month option over the course of a year, it would cost me $120. So when it comes to costs, I prefer buy one year's worth of Gold Membership over the three month option four times a year.
    But why not choose to not have to pay for online at all and get cheaper games and a better experience?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    But why not choose to not have to pay for online at all and get cheaper games and a better experience?
    Because you need PC with newest components, upgrade everything almost every year to actually play something that isn't x-years old.
    You might not need to pay for online and get huge sales games but components pretty much weight it.

Every month? Only really crazy people buy month subscription. Pretty much everyone buys year worth of PS+.
    And... online is free on Vita, PS3. Only PS4 has "paid" online (by "forcing" people to buy PS+ (not like they actually need to))

Back