• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 6, 2009
I still collect missingno and im attempting to get a missingno on D/P without cheats. does anyone know how?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I still collect missingno and im attempting to get a missingno on D/P without cheats. does anyone know how?

No, it is now impossible to do so, unless you have the first RELEASED version of DP (Japanese edition). If it didn't get patched, meaning you've never been to Wi-Fi before, go into a double battle with 1 pokemon fainted and the other okay. You'll have a Shiny Bulbasaur with a white sprite. No moves, no health, nothing! :P

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Correct. Also, please don't use Yellow text, it hurts my eyes.

Anyway, cheats are bad, but glitches are not. It's fun to see what the creators missed and you can even get some beta elements out of it!

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
Years
Yup. Missingno. is #000 in the Pokedex on the games.

However, considering that the theory that the game creators were trying to fill in extra numbers is correct- each different Missingno. or Lv 100 glitch Pokemon is filling in for an extra number. Like, for example. Say the Missingno. used to fill in the letter A in your name (I don't know if A goes with Missingno. or not- I can't remember... but it's just an example) was supposed to be #182- what I'm thinking is that if you trade that Missingno. to say Gold version- he'll become whatever Pokemon is number 182 in the Metal generation.

Of course, my theory could be wrong- but, it does seem there is quite a variety of Pokemon that it can "transform" into when you trade him to Gold/Silver/Crystal. The most common one being Stantler.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Yup. Missingno. is #000 in the Pokedex on the games.

However, considering that the theory that the game creators were trying to fill in extra numbers is correct- each different Missingno. or Lv 100 glitch Pokemon is filling in for an extra number. Like, for example. Say the Missingno. used to fill in the letter A in your name (I don't know if A goes with Missingno. or not- I can't remember... but it's just an example) was supposed to be #182- what I'm thinking is that if you trade that Missingno. to say Gold version- he'll become whatever Pokemon is number 182 in the Metal generation.

Of course, my theory could be wrong- but, it does seem there is quite a variety of Pokemon that it can "transform" into when you trade him to Gold/Silver/Crystal. The most common one being Stantler.

I traded numerous pokemon to GSC and then it became mostly Slowpoke. As mentioned in the first post, Missingno. is filling up for other hexes, mainly being a glitch. Check TR Rose for more Hex data (not this site)

Sexycheese

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 6, 2009
No, it is now impossible to do so, unless you have the first RELEASED version of DP (Japanese edition). If it didn't get patched, meaning you've never been to Wi-Fi before, go into a double battle with 1 pokemon fainted and the other okay. You'll have a Shiny Bulbasaur with a white sprite. No moves, no health, nothing! :P

I see, I dont have that edition sadly but thanks :)

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
Years
I think there's a problem with the first post. When you talk to the old man, you only do it once, and by that time, you can't have fly yet, so how does that work?

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2009
I think there's a problem with the first post. When you talk to the old man, you only do it once, and by that time, you can't have fly yet, so how does that work?

You can go get fly and come back and talk to him later on in the game.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
MissingNo. is bird-type. Everyone just assumes this is because it's a beta version of flying. But if there is a Cooltrainer glitch-type, then Bird may actually just the word from the trainers called 'BIRD KEEPERS' or something.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2009
MissingNo. is bird-type. Everyone just assumes this is because it's a beta version of flying. But if there is a Cooltrainer glitch-type, then Bird may actually just the word from the trainers called 'BIRD KEEPERS' or something.

Not sure about that, But I remember missingo, From Red and Blue right.
I havnt read the whole thread, But I remember talking to the old man and flying to blaine or something

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
That theory comes up from time to time, but it has been conclusively been proven false. Bird is its own type, not a glitch type like Cooltrainer; Bird is specifically defined in the ROM and does not come from Bird Keeper.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
That theory comes up from time to time, but it has been conclusively been proven false. Bird is its own type, not a glitch type like Cooltrainer; Bird is specifically defined in the ROM and does not come from Bird Keeper.

Yeah, most HEX hackers have found it as a difference between BIRD and BIRD KEEPER. BIRD was supposed to be their main type, right?

Sexycheese

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 6, 2009
Yeah, most HEX hackers have found it as a difference between BIRD and BIRD KEEPER. BIRD was supposed to be their main type, right?

Yeah I read a few FAQs on missigno and Bird was an actuall type on the Red and Blue games. If you cheated you could change your pokemons type to Bird as its still on the catrige (Never seen this myself but a few people have claimed to have hacked Bird type Magikarps and the like) but I guess Flying type sounded better to nintendo and I can acctually see why (Having Pokemon such as Beedrill and syther as bird types would sound a bit silly right?)

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
Years
Yeah I read a few FAQs on missigno and Bird was an actuall type on the Red and Blue games. If you cheated you could change your pokemons type to Bird as its still on the catrige (Never seen this myself but a few people have claimed to have hacked Bird type Magikarps and the like) but I guess Flying type sounded better to nintendo and I can acctually see why (Having Pokemon such as Beedrill and syther as bird types would sound a bit silly right?)

Yes it would, but a lot of stuff was left over in the games, e.g. tiles, maps, pokemon, types etc.

If you walk over the Indigo Plateau, you see loads of tiles improperely mapped where they left it over.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
Has anyone noticed that if you part "Missingno." its Missing No.? Which means Missing Number (No. = Number)
that explains missingno's name. other people said M and Missingno are glitched version of ditto and in some FAQ says that missingno when given few rare candy missingno will become a kangakaskhan

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2010
only ' m becomes Kangaskhan. And yes there is a difference between ' m and missingno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back