• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
  • What's the highest play time you've ever clocked in a Pokemon game?

I think I reached about ~400 hours on my Diamond (which I've lost...). So much memories tagged with that one tiny disc of data. ;-;

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    What's the highest play time you've ever clocked in a Pokemon game?

Uhhhhh... A lot, to say the least. I don't know the exact number.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years

It must be in Pokemon Pearl. I used Action Replay to change my character's name so it reset my playtime, but I had over 700 hours the first time, and I have about 700 hours now. Keep in mind I've owned this game for eight years now, so it's bound to have a lot of hours.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • 999:59 from my SoulSilver and X versions, surprisingly they are my least favorite games to begin with!

Looks like Sun's got the high score so far! And that's the maximum play time the games will count, so it's got to be even higher than that!

My highest play time so far is in Pokemon Y, which is at 441:29. I'd estimate about 200 of those minutes were spent running around egg hatching. All that time and effort and still no Masuda shiny to show for it ;-;

itsSacred

Sly and Strong like a Blaziken
    Years

The highest, i'm going to start in one sitting.

One sitting: 18 hours.
    All Around: 350 hours.

itsSacred

Sly and Strong like a Blaziken
    Years
  • If you could add one new item to any Pokemon game, what would it be, and what would its effects be?

I would add, 'Sacred's Curse', this item would look like a purple rock.

It's effects, when a Ghost/Physic/Fairy type is holding the item their aura is amplified to make all Pokemon weak to them 10% of their moves.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    If you could add one new item to any Pokemon game, what would it be, and what would its effects be?

I would add an item to prevent experience gain. While that may seem counter-productive, it would actually be beneficial for Pokemon that gained boosted experience. Once they hit the limit, put that item on so you can keep using the Pokemon.

pkmin3033

If you could add one new item to any Pokemon game, what would it be, and what would its effects be?

The Devolution Stone. As the name implies, this would reverse the effects of evolution. I'm sure most people have regretted evolving a Pokemon at some point, and not having a way to undo the choice sucks. It'd probably have the effect of removing moves learned when evolved as well, because otherwise Eevee would become an absolute terror...

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Looks like Sun's got the high score so far! And that's the maximum play time the games will count, so it's got to be even higher than that!

My highest play time so far is in Pokemon Y, which is at 441:29. I'd estimate about 200 of those minutes were spent running around egg hatching. All that time and effort and still no Masuda shiny to show for it ;-;

999:59 is not a good news, at least for me. As it means the game is not worth restarting for! {XD} It means I'm spending my time on MM or Battle Facilities. MM is grueling and boring to begin with! {XD}

Question of the Day

If you could add one new item to any Pokemon game, what would it be, and what would its effects be?​

A Safe Deposit Box, it allows you to save money in a similar way like the mother from HGSS. The only thing that sets it apart from the mother is, it's portable but it can be only accessed in any PokéCenter to prevent the players from abusing it.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Skunky's stench - Repels low level wild encounters for 400 steps
    Herbal Tea - Heals 300 HP and cures all status problems.

Evostone - Can used for evolutionary stone substitute
    Edit; I realize only one item to be added :O

Years
  • If you could add one new item to any Pokemon game, what would it be, and what would its effects be?

A new Repel that will only wear off after 500 steps. Max Repel is getting old.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    A replacement item for an HM. For example, we could have an axe for cut, a boat for surf, a hammer for rock smash and so on!

Spoiler:

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

One that can remove HMs off pokémon without having to go to the move deleter. I think HMs would be a lot less offensive that way.

Years

My Pearl version with over 440 hours. I haven't played it much at all since 2008 or 2009 when Platinum came out, though. My main copy of White 2 is second with 403 or something. One of these days it will top that. But counting all my playthroughs of B2W2 i've logged well over 800 hours between both games.

(I might answer the other question later.)

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024

One that can remove HMs off pokémon without having to go to the move deleter. I think HMs would be a lot less offensive that way.

That would be handy as a key item. I hate traveling to move deleters and have saw repetitive dialog, I just want to get rid HM moves darn it!

Years
    Might be close to 190 in emerald!Spent hours in the battle frontier!

Something that will make pokemon immune from hazard damage!We have an ability in magic guard but well thats an ability not an item!Things like stealth rock hurt me a lot!

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • If you could choose one Pokemon as your starter other than the standard ones, which would you choose?
    Eevee. Ever since Blue jacked the one in Yellow version, I was like... "Bro, I'll trade you this Pikachu for it..? No? Why?!" Reasons: Eevee is just so much more interesting. Plus, I really like Espeon. It was pretty much my go-to Psychic type during early playthroughs of core games starting in Silver version. (Yes, I realize I can't get Espeon in Yellow version).

What's the highest play time you've ever clocked in a Pokemon game?
    ~600 hours in Pokemon Diamond. It was the sole reason why I bought a Nintendo DS in the first place and I was dead set on getting my money's worth out of it. National Dex completed. Five sets of competitive teams. I still transfer Pokemon from Diamond over to XY/ORAS to this day. I don't think I clocked more than that in the original RBY/GSC series. I was way young that time and I don't even know where those cartridges are anymore. Sadface.

Some kind of aphrodisiac that you can turn on and make your two Pokemon breed faster at the day care. Is that too much? I'm sorry.

Back