• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I think the gods have blessed me, for I received a shiny Lugia off the GTS!
    I half-thought it was a dream at first, but now, I cry tears of happiness

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Wow! 2014 has been good to me already!

Finally hatched a shiny Eevee on the 1st (shortly after catching my Venomoth listed above).

This morning I caught my first shiny found in a horde - Mareep!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • A few days ago, I got a shiny Poliwhirl in Friend Safari. To be honest, I wasn't too excited as Poliwhirl really ins't in my favorite's shiny list.

The same day I Wonder Traded it and got a Dusclops in return.

Years
  • Came across a shiny Graveler on victory road not to long ago while grinding exp and trying to get Leftovers with Pickup .. lets just say at this point, my pathway has been etched deep in the stone and will be there till the end of time.

Anyway, I didn't have my usual team of sleepers and catchers, just a bunch of random pokes I was trying to fill the dex with.. so I was kind of panicked he was going to explode when I saw him. I wasn't sure if I could hit him and not kill him because some Gravelers don't have sturdy.. and the guys that could hit him were well past his level. I had one Quick Ball, so I gave it a toss and he broke right out of it. Rummaging through my bags, I came across a repeat ball, and caught him problem free. I think it was Female come to think of it. I named her Goldie.. and she is completely useless outside of being of shiny status.

So the non-given away shinies I have are Rhyhorn and Graveler.. I'm sensing a theme here..

Question: Do I give Greninja an Everstone for the Froakies to get a different ability? All the hatching Froakies I got are all Torrent. I have yet to see one with Protean.

If you havent figured it out by now.. what you do is have Greninja breed with a ditto until you have a female Froakie with protean.. then you use that to create other protean Froakies. Everstone only passes the nature, not the ability. I still recommend using it if your Greninja's nature is to your liking to save you a few breeding steps.. otherwise you're only going to get random natures.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • If you havent figured it out by now.. what you do is have Greninja breed with a ditto until you have a female Froakie with protean.. then you use that to create other protean Froakies. Everstone only passes the nature, not the ability. I still recommend using it if your Greninja's nature is to your liking to save you a few breeding steps.. otherwise you're only going to get random natures.
    If breeding a male Greninja with a Ditto, you actually do need to have it hold onto an Everstone in order to pass down the ability.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • I have a shiny Furfrou on screen right now! I was Poke Radar chaining, and then the special music started playing, and after resetting two times a shiny patch showed up! :D

But he won't stay in the ball. >_<

Edit: Caught!

Last edited:

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    I found a Shiny Onix in a Friend Safari chain, after 24 encounters.

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
    Years
  • This cute thing I brought over from Gen V:
    Spoiler:

Btw, it actually checks as legit. It's RNG'd outta Emerald :P Though I do not know if the process to reach the island was legit.

Years
  • I'd really like to find more shinies. At this point all I've got is my shiny Haunter from December 21, but then again I haven't played Y much lately.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Randomly found a shiny Gurdurr inside the Victory Road while leveling some lowbie Pokes for them to evolve to add to my dex. xD

Other than that, I caught two shiny Skiddos while doing the PokéRadar Chain method. :3
    I still don't understand why I didn't get a shiny Smeargle even after 45+ chains. =/ Aw well~

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • If you havent figured it out by now.. what you do is have Greninja breed with a ditto until you have a female Froakie with protean.. then you use that to create other protean Froakies. Everstone only passes the nature, not the ability. I still recommend using it if your Greninja's nature is to your liking to save you a few breeding steps.. otherwise you're only going to get random natures.

Yeah, another member from another forum told me about the Everstone thingy. But yeah, all my Froakies I got are "Torrent." None (1020 eggs) with Protean. I was told to find one from a Friend's Safari that has Protean then breed it; otherwise, I won't see one with that ability but Torrent since thats their normal ability.

Years
  • So far in X & Y I have Mightyena, Fennekin, Lillipup, Altaria, Klefki, Noibat, Dragonite and Yanma.

Mightyena, Lillipup and Dragonite were from the Friend Safari but that thing is so broken I'm not going to hunt there any more.
    Fennekin was via Masuda method (after a beautiful 1538 eggs)
    Altaria, Klefki and Yanma were via hordes.
    And Noibat was a random egg hatch. I was IV breeding for a good Noibat so that I could Masuda Method a good shiny Noibat, but I got a random full odds shiny one anyway!

Right now I'm hunting route 10 hoping for Eevee or Houndour. Then I'll just go back to HGSS for a bit.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Just spent a few minutes in a Friend Safari and caught a beautiful shiny Wartortle :3

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • If breeding a male Greninja with a Ditto, you actually do need to have it hold onto an Everstone in order to pass down the ability.

No you don't. Everstone causes the nature to get passed down, not the ability. There's always a 60% chance of the hidden ability being passed down when breeding with Ditto.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    While Wonder Trading earlier today, I managed to get a hold of a shiny Pidgey. It's got Adamant nature and four perfect IVs. Not sure if I'll be using it as a part of my team, but we'll see! I've been training it as soon as I got it; so far, it's evolved into a Pidgeotto and is at level twenty-six. Ten more levels, and it evolves to Pidgeot.

Back