• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    Just got my first shiny ever, a male Zoroark!

oh dude i bet that looks so awesome with all of the blue on it and black and stuff. ive always wanted a shiny zorua or zoroark.

anyways i got a shiny spinda in a horde yesterday and a shiny pikachu in the friend safari today. i love them both dearly

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
    No you don't. Everstone causes the nature to get passed down, not the ability. There's always a 60% chance of the hidden ability being passed down when breeding with Ditto.

I think he meant Nature and not Ability. Haha.

oh dude i bet that looks so awesome with all of the blue on it and black and stuff. ive always wanted a shiny zorua or zoroark.

anyways i got a shiny spinda in a horde yesterday and a shiny pikachu in the friend safari today. i love them both dearly

That might be my next shiny hunt. Shiny Pikachu.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    My most recent hatched on new years day. About 3000 eggs from my last MM shiny but only the second Furfrou egg.
    Spoiler:

I'm currently breeding a sandstorm team so who knows, I might get lucky.

Years
    I caught this girl when I was on Route 8 a few days ago, trying to hunt for an Absol:

Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Drifloon ♀ | Lv14
    Hasty nature
    Unburden
    Takes plenty of sides

(couldn't find a shiny X/Y sprite so yeah made do with this 5th Gen sprite)

LicensedJet

Playing Pokémon Y ~
    Years
    After logging just over 102 hours of game play.
    I was EV training just now in the Frost Cavern and came across a shiny Timid Smoochum!
    I was lucky enough to catch her in a Heal Ball :)

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
    it's been 1350 eggs and still no shiny Froakie. Argh.... Took Greninja out, gave it Everstone, and threw it back in the day care. Carry on.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I Have a shiny Timid Froakie,
    A shiny Machop
    A Shiny Poliwag (I know Right)
    A shiny Luvdisc a
    2 shiny Skerelp
    I think I have one more but I can't think of it.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    I got a shiny Wartortle from a safari on the 4th. I keep getting shiny Pokemon in 2014!

If only I could win the lottery like this lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    After 250 hours of play I've finally seen and caught my first shiny Pokemon! Whilst in the way out of the lost hotel where I was catching Magneton, I got a horde battle with some Murkrow, one of which was shiny!

Don't think I've ever been that careful in a pokemon battle in my life lol.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
    The shiny pokemon I've collected on this game are the first I ever caught (woohoo!), excluding the red gyrados and a shiny sandshrew I saw in the safari in soulsilver, who inevitably fled from me.
    First one I found was a shiny basculin whilst chain fishing, next I traded my Xerneas for a shiny magmar (which for the record is pink), finally after only about 42 eggs I managed to find my much anticipated shiny skarmory, who i named Molly :) Now I'm trying to get a shiny fletchling, done about 200 eggs but still no luck, better keep trying i guess :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Don't think I've ever been that careful in a pokemon battle in my life lol.
    I've been there :)

I keep using False Swipe, on my level 90+ Zangoose, to catch any shiny Pokemon I come across in the Safari. After doing so I always get a lump in my throat, "Crap. Does this thing use Take Down?"

I tend to check on Serebii now, before even engaging :)

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    A few days ago, I was fishing around Route 3.
    Just bored and tired of waiting for Battles, people send me battle requests and I accept, but it just has me sit there for minutes until, 'The other player has disconnected' right as the battle is starting.

So back to fishing, oh snap. Gold Coloured Lv. 15 Magikarp. I was so happy, my first shiny since Pokemon Sapphire.
    I used a quick ball and captured it, trained it, gave it Poke Amie Love and its now a Lv. 92 Red Gyarados that knows...

Hydro Pump
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Tail
    Blizzard

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I've been there :)

I keep using False Swipe, on my level 90+ Zangoose, to catch any shiny Pokemon I come across in the Safari. After doing so I always get a lump in my throat, "Crap. Does this thing use Take Down?"

I tend to check on Serebii now, before even engaging :)

What's worse is that it was a horde battle, I was praying that they all didn't have moves that hit adjacent allies too :P

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    What's worse is that it was a horde battle, I was praying that they all didn't have moves that hit adjacent allies too :P

Oh, gosh. Horde battles. They are difficult at times, when you try to get a pokemon with false swipe... stupid recoil moves, I dislike that how low level pokemon have so much recoil damage moves. :\

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Luckily, any Pokemon from the Aegislash evolution line is able to learn False Swipe. It is very useful when trying to capture Pokemon that will be using Take Down (like Eevee found in a safari).

The only thing I can think of to keep a shiny Geodude alive in a horde battle is Chimecho. I need to repurpose mine, but I was thinking of the following build. I originally thought up the build when I saw a video on Youtube; The player took a video of a shiny Zangoose in a horde of Seviper that was destined to get knocked out. The only thing I could think of, that could save it, was a Growl to lower all of their attacks, and Heal Pulse to keep it alive. Don't really need Reflect against that kind of horde, but now I have Geodude on the brain LOL

- Heal Pulse
    - Growl
    - Reflect
    - Yawn

Could work with Smeargle too (which I am starting to grow very fond of Smeargle breeding). I would use Grassy Terrain, instead of Yawn, if it were a Smeargle.

Last edited:
    Years
    I've found these two since I posted a couple days ago:

Shiny Hawlucha after 4033 encounters

And shiny Glameow after 495 Masuda method eggs

Back