• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    I've found these two since I posted a couple days ago:

Shiny Hawlucha after 4033 encounters
    Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

And shiny Glameow after 495 Masuda method eggs

Those are nice shiny pokemon! I had a wonder trade today and got a level 7 shiny Pidgey that knows Hurricane, Tailwind, Tackle, and Sand-Attack.
    I thought it was very odd to see it with both Hurricane and Tailwind, it must of been bred and partly trained before someone gave it away....or someone put it on accident when trading.

Oh, well. I hope that Lv. 1 Torchic gets a good home now. :)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    My first gen VI shiny was a Tyrunt. I had been soft resetting for one with a good nature, but didn't realize that it was blue until it was too late. That was also my first ever lost shiny. I:

I then caught a male shiny Furfrou a few days ago, after only 7 chains. I broke it before I managed to catch another, though. I'm not a huge fan of Furfrou in general, and I'm considering giving mine to a friend who has been wanting a shiny one.

Years
    Hatched Shiny Eevee after a total of 67 eggs! 43 failed, stopped for a few days, tried again and after 24 got one! ^-^

One Problem! I already have all the Eeveelutions so I have no idea which I'd like to evolve him to. Any suggestions? (PM me please! (: )

Years
    Okay, something incredibly cool just happened. I tend to Wonder Trade pretty much anything I have, so my entire box actually became completely full. So I started cleaning it out, releasing any and all Bunnelbys and Ralts I'd gotten over the days. Then I saw a Garchomp that I had gotten previously. Didn't think too much of it as I thought it was just your general Garchomp and that I had just gotten abit of luck. I checked out its summary though and HOLY BALLS, ITS ACTUALLY A SHINY. PFPFTP.

Albeit, Garchomp looks pretty much identical to its normal form, but when I then checked its IVs I discovered that it had extremely good IVs as well. I won the ultimate Wonder Trade lottery, and I had not even realized it. Awesome.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Got a new one! Was chain-fishing and caught a shiny Relicanth. Named him Ol' Salty :)

Perfect IV in HP, a Relaxed nature (not shabby, since he wasn't winning any speed contests anyways), and the Rock Head ability :)

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    Not really going for a shiny, I bred Houndour with a Japanese Ditto. After about 20 eggs I noticed something weird. Holy skull, it's a shiny Houndour! Sadly I didn't get to celebrate for too long. Even though it was 6IV x 5IV breeding, the shiny Houndour only got 4IV (31/31/x/x/31/31) so it's kinda useless unless I could tell how high her SPA is. I guess I could find that out by leveling up. Luckily the nature is right, so she still got her maximum speed.

This is my first shiny ever, so I'll keep it and find a good use for it. Somehow I'm glad that it's my first one, as I can save it now and keep it forever (unless my save file gets corrupted haha).

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
    Years
    For the first time in my history of playing Pokemon, I've caught 2 shinies in my X playthrough. Both were Friend Safari catches, first was Lampent, which I evolved into Chandelure (on December 27th) and just yesterday, a Dedenne. Both are female, and neither has their hidden abilities.

Not counting trades or hacks, this makes a total of 5 encountered shinies in the 10 years I've been playing.

Deceit

Toxic.
    Years
    I got a shiny Joltik while breeding for a Sticky Web Galvantula. At the time I didn't even realize it (I often multitask while breeding, and the colors of a shiny one are similar to a normal Joltik), I only noticed when I was marking it for IVs from the judge. I was quite surprised, and it also got 4 relevant perfect IVs passed down which was awesome. The only problem was that it had Unnerve instead of my desired ability, Compound Eyes. I was feeling really sad about it, until I found a thread here about the Ability Capsule. I had only heard about it before, but I didn't know much. I was so happy after I heard that, and it felt like nothing to get 200 BP for one. It's great they invented that, otherwise I would have been really depressed that my first shiny of the game was a disappointment, in a way. Yay for Ability Capsules!

Years
    Just hatched a shiny Skarmory. Wasn't even using the mesuda method. Only has 3 perfect IVs unfortunately but im ecstatic regardless.

Years
    Today while I was out grocery shopping I caught this little guy!

Clauncher ♂ | Lv25
    Quiet nature
    Mega Launcher
    Scatters things often

He's my second shiny caught in Kalos, and oddly enough the two shinies I currently have (the other being a Drifloon) are both in the Coastal Dex. How very interesting.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
    I caught a Shiny Goomy yesterday: the first Goomy ever encountered in my game - how fortunate!
    Ages ago I found a shiny Scraggy in a horde. I don't know about their abilities or IVs cause I don't care much for them. I'm just delighted with myself that I found one :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Caught a shiny Huntail at work today. Would have preferred an Octillery or Corsola, but what can you do? :)

Fishers can't be choosers ^.^

Last edited:
    Years
    Okay, something incredibly cool just happened. I tend to Wonder Trade pretty much anything I have, so my entire box actually became completely full. So I started cleaning it out, releasing any and all Bunnelbys and Ralts I'd gotten over the days. Then I saw a Garchomp that I had gotten previously. Didn't think too much of it as I thought it was just your general Garchomp and that I had just gotten abit of luck. I checked out its summary though and HOLY BALLS, ITS ACTUALLY A SHINY. PFPFTP.

Albeit, Garchomp looks pretty much identical to its normal form, but when I then checked its IVs I discovered that it had extremely good IVs as well. I won the ultimate Wonder Trade lottery, and I had not even realized it. Awesome.

Mega Evolve it, at least it looks a bit different then.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Got a Shiny Psyduck and Shiny Gulpin from a horde after I got the Shiny Charm. :3
    And then today, I randomly found a shiny Charmeleon in a friend Safari while trying to see what PKMN they have there. :3

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Got a shiny Clawitzer last night (Ok, I'll admit fishing is the easiest way). Was torn on what to name her, but I ended up calling her Clawboom. I kind of like Merika too (her nature is Lax haha)

Back