• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Hunger Games (OOC + INFO)

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
Years
Also, could weapons be made? I'm not talking like a claymore broad sword, but maybe a crude bow and arrows or a spear, depending on the objects recieved? I know that it's supposed to be pokemon as weapons, but what if the pokemon dies?

Years
I imagine that if your Pokemon dies, it's like breaking your weapon. You're forced to go at it unarmed. If you can find a pointed stick, you can defend yourself better, but it won't do much good if your foe throws an angry Mudkip at you.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Here's most of him, although I do need his RP sample. Anyway I can get time extended?

Edit: DONE!!

Name: John Elliot

Region: Johto

History: John's life is one of many sorrows, yet there are also times in his time that have shown his strengths. John is one of many children born in the Post- Team Rocket era and his life shows it. He was born just outside of Goldenrod to a pair of two very poor textile workers close to death. His parents had just managed to one of their family friends within Goldenrod who had agreed to take John in.

His birth parents died that same night from starvation and a bit of pain from the birth for his mother. The last thing they had done was name their newborn John...

Of course, the family John stayed with was poor as well but they provided for him, although, not without constant reminders about keeping out of the goodness of their hearts. Even with those reminders and his feeling of not really being apart of the family, he was treated quite well.

John's life carried on and within less of a year his foster family had given birth to a little girl whom they name Hope Oran. Life again went on and nothing poor happened. He became best friends with Hope and hung out, even when not at home. They were both always afraid, however, of the tales of Team Rocket but they had also listened to the tales of when the regions were in peace and prosperity and when they were full of trainers and Pokemon alike. The two of them loved those stories and played everyday, acting as if they were trainer and pokemon, They sometimes even went to school simply to hear them. Here, he excelled in most subjects, not just the ones native to Johto. More years passed and John's life was turned upside down.

At fifteen, he was kicked out of the house as Hope's parents had very little money to suffice for all four of them. he resorted to hunting after that. He went out into the forest and shot the scarce bird and deer pokemon for food and money, even though it scared him. He moved in with the butcher after getting a job as an apprentice of sorts. He stayed friends with Hope for the next two years, eventually moving on to something more than friendship. They are now both afraid once more that they will be sent away on reaping day or separated...

Personality: John is one of those people who'll stand up for something, whether it be rights or just to protect a loved one. Tending to be kind to others, there is odd accounts where thoughts will go through his head, manifesting a feeling of hate in which he has extreme trouble controlling. These were what first let him feel and see his powers.

When nothing is happening, John tends to tap his fingers or anything he is able to use into a beat. Some also call John adventurous when they meet him. He loves puzzles and can break most. He keeps some secrets from people until he's known them. When he gets nervous he will occasionally say a joke to lighten the mood. He was also learned some other stuff, such as parkour and martial arts, to get away from people from Team Rocket and other languages, specifically Spanish and Japanese.

Appearance: John is an average young man with an average build. He isn't a small person and no one would classify him as a big mini tank. He is a fit man with muscle and visible abs from working out and running. His nearly straight white teeth gives him a warm smile, allowing people to feel safe when with him. His eyes are a light reddish-mahogany color. His skin is a bit pale, putting contrast with his short, messy dirty blonde colored hair.

With clothes, John actually seems a bit better as he is from the textile region. He wears nice jeans that match his shirt. His T-shirt is average looking though, having decals ranging from shirts made by Raw State or those made Aeropostale. He never really wears a hat but he does have a grey zip-up hoodie. His feet are covered by regular skechers and he has a necklace with his birth familie's crest on it.

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

ZeganZoma

The one that went insane
Years
And so we meet again. -3-
xD
Well, that might mean that I'll have to edit my RP sample, but whatever, lol.

Indeed. How have you been?

Heres my SU.

Name: Zegan Zoma

Region: Unova

Appearance: Zeegan has light blue eyes that changes color depending on his mood. (Blue when calm, light blue when happy, dark blue when angry or scared, grey when sad.) He has brown hair that reaches his shourlders. He has spikey hair, although this could be considered bed-head, as he rarely combs his hair. His skin color is a light peachy color, which could be from his mother's side. He has slightly larger ears, which could be from his father's side. His height is about 6 feet and i inch. He weighs about 140 pounds. He has a lean build, but is abit bulkier. He can run very fast, and has great reaction time, but he isn't very strong.​

He wears a grey shirt with a dragon design going around the whole thing. He wears an unzipped black jacket, and only zips it up when he gets cold. He wears grey cargo pants held up by a gold colored belt buckel. He wears white socks, but most of the time his cargo pants cover them. He wears grey sneakers with black on the tip, sides, and the lip of them. He wears black fingerless gloves, and also wears grey wristbands that has a black light going through the middle. Leastly, he sometimes wears a black baseball cap with a skull design on the front.​

Personality: Zegan is a very hornorable person. He believes a fight should always be fair, and he doesn't like fighting a weakend opponent. He always fights at his fullest, and wishes the same for his opponent. While this makes him seem like a good person, he's far from it. He has a mischieveus side, and loves causing trouble. Most of the time its harmless pranks, but sometimes things gets out of hand. But he trys to make sure that doesn't happen.​

He hates bully, and is almost always there to stop them and isn't afraid to get physical. His hatred for bullys comes from his past, and he strives not to become one. Zegan has to keep moving, as he becomes restless if he doesn't, and he goes deep in thought. Most of the time when he thinks, he wonders why he loves fighting so much. People have said he becomes a completely different while he fights, directly or indirectly. He becomes somewhat demented, battle hungry, even alittle insane. Its scares him as to why this major change occurs. Thus, he mentaly toughen himself so this doesn't happen very often.​

Most of his free time is spent sleeping. If there was a sport for sleeping, he'd win the gold medal every year. His favorite spot are the ports of Castelia City. He feels relaxed and at peace when he's there. His second favorite thing is food. His favorites are apples, chicken, and green-beans. The rest of the time is spent ether pulling pranks, training, or tinking about stuff.​

History: Zegan was originally born in Nuvema Town. His father and mother ran the Pokemon Lab, and were living as happily as they could. One day, though, both of his parents were murdered. No suspect was found, but it was suspected that a Team Rocket member commited the murders. Zegan was then sent to an orphange in Castelia City by age 1. Just before Zegan turned 3, a man named Daniel, his wife Nikki, and her 5 year old son Jak adopted him.​

When Zegan turned 5, He and Jak were inseperable. Mostly everything they did, they did together. They would pull pranks together, watch movies, run around outside, you name it. This continued in school too. Zegan was always bullied about being adopted, and was teased and beaten up for it, so he never had any friends. Jak would always protect Zegan whenever he got into a fight, and Zegan considered him to be his one true friend. During one of their misadventures, they went to the Castelia port, and Zegan fell in loved with the place, as it gave him peace of mind, made him feel relaxed. But all good things comes to an end. Nikki was chosened in the Hunger games, and was killed during one of the fights. Daniel fell into depression, and to add insult to injury, he got fired from his job. Barely making ends-meat, they lived with one of Daniels friends at work, at least until they could get back on his feet. When Zegan turned 9, Daniel was finally able to get a job cleaning and running the Castelia Ferry. The job paid well, and they moved into an apartment.​

When Zegan got into middle school, he started standing up for himself. When ever a bully tried to hurt him, he would fight back, and always won. He then started protecting other people from bullys. This continued, even when he turned 12. But Zegan noticed a change inside him. When ever he fought someone, he felt like a totally different person. When he asks about it, people said he had these, "eyes full of murder", and that he looked alittle insane. Shocked, he desided to better himself, anyway he could. This continued untill the present day. He's now a sixteen year old tennager who is always seen at the port, and is still being raised by his father, Daniel, who has been promoted to manager of the crew at the ferry, and Jak has a job at a restaraunt being a waiter. They live in a house near the school where Zegan attends, and are living a happy life. That is, until the day of the Reaping...​

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

zapdos926

Years
I imagine that if your Pokemon dies, it's like breaking your weapon. You're forced to go at it unarmed. If you can find a pointed stick, you can defend yourself better, but it won't do much good if your foe throws an angry Mudkip at you.

After you kill it, you hav a delicious mudkip sandwhich between two slices of bark.

RyanRoksXD

Pokemon Hunger Games Tribute
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
Godzils right, if your pokemon dies, you just find another one basically.

I can't do anything tonight because I have so much work and I need to go to bed, so tomorrow night I will read all of your posts and accept those that have applied.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2012
O man gotta join this. You guys sure you ready for me? :bandit:

Name: Kelvin "Kay" Sabin

Region: Sinnoh

History:Kay hails from Jubilife. He is the only son of Des and Jasmin Sabin. Before his birth, his family was very well-off. His father was foreman in the mines and was very much loved by all those who worked under him. His mother kept the house clean with help from the family's Eletabuzz, named Sy. Sy had been given to Des when he was a child and Sy was an Elekid. They had an extremely close relationship. Eventually, his mother became pregnant. Due to complications, Jasmin died giving birth to Kay. His father sank into deep depression. He blamed Kay for Jasmin's death and often treated him with cold malice. Sy, sensing Des' frustration with Kay, would occasionally zap Kay, hoping to drive him away.

After Jasmin's death, Des fell into a huge drinking problem. He refused to work and would spend his days drinking and insulting Kay. Kay never retaliated at his father's words or Sy's abuse, for he too felt he was to blame for his mother's death. Slowly, due to Des' lack of work, their funds diminished. Des regularly blamed Kay for their rapid decline into poverty, even though Kay was barely a teen.

One day at school, Des bursts into Kay's classroom drunk. He yells at Kay, reciting his normal junk about killing Jasmin and sending them into poverty. He punches Kay in the face and abruptly leaves the room. Without saying anything, Kay gathers himself up and ask if the class can continue.
On his way home from school, Kay finds the local authorities at his home. They tell him that inside the house, the aged Sy had passed away. They explain that when his father had hit him at school, he was extremely drunk, apparently overwhelmed with anguish over Sy's death. They inform Kay that they found Des, sitting next to Sy's body, dead. He had drunk himself to death. At the age of 12 years and 2 months, Kay is all alone.

Personality: Despite the abuse he's taken all his life, Kay is very comical. He never passes up a chance to make a joke. He loves to talk. He is always smiling and tries to see the good side of his life. Despite his likeable nature, he distances himself emotionally from people. When people try to get to know him, he tries to block with a joke or doing something comically stupid.

He has a very hard time trusting people. Even more so, he hates all pokemon. Because of Sy's constant abuse, which never was ordered from his malicious father, he feels all pokemon are instinctively cruel. He avoids contact with pokemon at all cost, eventually developing into a phobia. Due to his dad's lack of love, Kay has come to resent authority and rules. He repeatedly gets in trouble for making pranks at school, mostly aimed at teachers. He has developed a talent of sneaking around the school and setting up pranks throughout the building. Because most of his father's money was spent on alcohol instead of food, Kay made a habit of stealing. Whether from the local market or his father's wallet, Kay always made sure that he had a way of getting something to eat.

Humility is something Kay has always lacked. Never having a family to support him, he completely supports his own confidence. He thinks he's funny and cool and doesn't care if others agree. Though not the prettiest penny, he feels confidence and a sense of humor is the truest measure of beauty. And Kay gives himself A's in both those categories. What's more, he'll make sure you know. He knows, though, the feelings he felt with his father's rejection of him, and therefore doesn't verbally bring out people's faults unless he can make a joke out of it.

His days of perfecting the art of pranking has made him very adept at setting up traps. He is a quick thinker, and is good at making plans, calculating steps and diversions so that his prey fall perfectly in his traps. He inadvertently hides this though by the constant joking and kidding around. He doesn't take things too seriously and has a "we will cross that bridge when we come to it" attitude with everything except for his pranks and "acquiring" food, which he takes great pride in.

Appearance: Kay has a dark complexion and shaved head. He has scars scattered on his body from where Sy would zap him. He is exactly 5'10" and weighs 180 lbs. Given that, he has a medium build with just the slightest hint of muscular development. Because of his comical nature, he frequents light colored t-shirts with phrases written on them from a black marker. He has maroon colored vests that he is never seen without, no matter what he's wearing. He also wears dark colored cargo pants that he cuts off right below the knees.

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Indeed. How have you been?

Oh, just as insane as ever. In fact, I even changed my user title to match that.
And of course, thinking up impossible ideas and trying to make them come to fruition . . . when I decide that I'm not too lazy to work on them. :P

So, from what I see . . . we have accepted both the male and female for Hoenn, the male for Kanto, and the female for Unova. There is a SU for the male of Unova, male of Johto, and male of Sinnoh waiting for approval. After that . . . we need the females for the latter two aforementioned regions as well as Kanto.
Perhaps I should go hunting for some lady friends? -3-
xD

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
Years
I'd like to reserve the Sinnoh female. I'll have my SU up soon, I'm almost done with it.
EDIT: Yay, finished!

Name: Etionne Jana Aforr

Region: Sinnoh

History:

Etionne was born to Hart and Weia Aforr in Jubilife City. Weia died very soon after Etionne's birth. Her father and brother were miners, leaving Etionne alone at home to take care of the cooking and cleaning. Hart tried desperately to teach his daughter how to hunt, as he and his son had sight disabilities and weren't able to, but Etionne lacked the skill and was far too afraid of being caught by Team Rocket. Her father eventually convinced her that to keep the family alive, she had to use the Black Market. Etionne would trade milk from their only Miltank, who was getting very old and sickly, for as much food as she could get. When she became old enough, she began to take out tesserae to feed her family with.

Etionne never had any friends at school, as her shyness kept her away from her peers. Etionne would sit quietly by herself and draw flowers, which were scarce where she lived. The idea of a land where flowers were abundant and there was no Team Rocket or starvation always gave her some comfort.

The town doctor, a friend of her father's Etionne grew fond of, had slipped up in an operation on a Team Rocket guard. The guard had died and the doctor was sentenced to be killed. His final request was that Etionne take his only Pokemon and raise it for him. Etionne was unsure of the Pokemon, a Kirlia, at first, but over time became attached to the Pokemon. Over the years the Kirlia evolved into a Gardevoir, who helped Etionne around the home.

The same month she turned twelve years old, a tragic accident occurred. Her brother had been careless doing his job and accidentally set off some explosives. Several miners, including her brother, were killed in the accident, and her father was severely wounded. Etionne suffered from extreme grief for a very long time, and now she had to take care of her injured father. Her Gardevior was always trying to comfort the poor girl, and she helped by regularly using Heal Pulse on Hart's injuries. Etionne continued to care for her family of three, who was barely coming by.

Personality:

Etionne is a very shy and quiet one, usually keeping away from others and avoiding conversation. She has a weak emotional state and will tear up very easily. She will sometimes drift off into a daydream about a better world and forget where she is. She dislikes loud things and the mention of the word "mine" will make her shudder.

She isn't very trusting of the other tributes, but if things were to get extremely desperate, she would team up with other tributes with the promise of safety. Her main hope is to make it home back to her father and Gardevoir. She couldn't bring herself to hurt anyone unless it were for self-defense, and even then would feel awful about it at a later time. The idea of people using their Pokemon to kill each other disgusts and frightens her and she constantly wishes to be home.

Appearance:

Etionne is a little bit short for her age, reaching about 5'. Her skin is a light tan color. She is very light, weighing 102 pounds. She has a bit of an over bite, so her teeth stick out.

Her wavy hair falls to her waist. Her bangs are side swept to the right. It is a dark brown color, with the ends turning into a slightly light brown. Most of the time it's very messy. Her eyes are a deep green and they can become very large when she is frightened. She has freckles lightly dusted on her cheeks and nose.

Her usual clothing consists of a light blue tunic with brown tights and a white long-sleeved blouse. On normal days she may wear a very thin light brown jacket. She has a coat, but only wears it when it's absolutely freezing. She has old, worn out gray boots.

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

RyanRoksXD

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
The Final Watchman, ZeganZoma, PokeGirlJade, and theinafune are ACCEPTED

Last edited:

zapdos926

Years
So if your pokemon dies, will there be just a supply of pokeballs you already have, will you have to find more or just reuse the one of the dead pokemon?

RyanRoksXD

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
Ok, I don't think I're really explained the Pokemon situation well enough. There were weapons like bows and arrows in the Hunger Games books. In this RP the weapons are pokemon. When the Games start, there will be supplies and pokeballs in the Cornucopia. I mean there can be weapons, but they cant do anything compared to the pokemon.

You dont start off with any pokemon or pokeballs.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
D: I'd reserve but... I'd have to make my character female wouldn't I...?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
D: I'd reserve but... I'd have to make my character female wouldn't I...?

The RP has room for a female in either Kanto or Johto...so yes, it would have to be a female unless someone who's reserved would want to change their's to a female of those regions...which is probably unlikely....

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Hm... Well, I do plan to write fantasy novels... I suppose creating male AND female characters is something I should be doing anyways...

Well then...

I'll RESERVE the Kanto Female Spot!! Expect a Sign-Up soon!

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Hm... Well, I do plan to write fantasy novels... I suppose creating male AND female characters is something I should be doing anyways...

Well then...

I'll RESERVE the Kanto Female Spot!! Expect a Sign-Up soon!

Yes! Now all we need is a female Johto tribute..... :cer_boogie:

RyanRoksXD

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
Someone definitely could, if they're up to the task. Just make sure the characters aren't too similar to each other :)

Back