• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Ultimate Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Ha, speaking of the Biker Mars with the rat Pokémon, did anyone get that pretty old reference? :p

This is normal sonic, as I haven't yet made a spawning point before Viridian City. Until the next beta all you can do is just save before every battle until you can use the Pokémon Center in Viridian.

Want to PM me about that story qaz?
    And can you get any two trainers and put them into the same sprite? That would really help with the double battles. Your recolours are quite good.

And thanks for the good luck :) gonna need it for paras.

Edit: tj, please spoiler that part of the quest we want other people to struggle as much as you did ;)

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Thought I ought to pop my head round to your thread, I am ready to test the next beta if you have one, just say on MSN and if I haven't said it already (I'm sure I have but hey) good luck with your training, let me know how it goes!

mehappy

The Happiest Him
    Years
  • So I was thinking.

Your dynamic leveling of wild Pokémon has some good things, but some pretty bad things too.

For example, if you start off with one Pokémon, the system is very good for leveling this Pokémon up, because they are fairly easy battles to win, yet still provide a decent amount of Exp.

But if you decide to start making a team after this, you start to create a perpetually weaker team.

Say you start creating a team with a level 15 Pikachu, each wild Pokémon you encounter is 3 levels lower than the weakest, so your team's levels become 15, 12, 9, 6, 3, and 1.

And then you go to battle a practice gym leader or whatnot and all his Pokémon are higher than my strongest, and all of the rest of mine seem "worthless".

Which is very annoying to me because I basically end up sitting there for 198749 hours trying to level them up, which is very tedious. :(

tl;dr I don't like the *current* dynamic leveling system, HOWEVER, I think if a little bit of it was changed it could be very successful and workable.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Thanks for the feedback there mehappy. I did realise this the first time I did a serious test, and I'm thinking of the optimal way to make it better. For the time being, when you want to train a weaker Pokémon just deposit your stronger Pokémon, or fight trainers (re-battling trainers will become the best way to train your Pokémon when there are more).

As for the gyms and training gyms. They are intentionally very difficult (the gyms will be even harder than the training gym), as they provide the player with a really good, but optional challenge. You don't need to do them to advance the plot, but they give good rewards, some of which you can only get from them. (So yeah, you won't need to beat gyms to use HMs)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Not to be mean but it looks boring like the game u have a very good idea but it's the same house for the town I know that you have limited resouces but still

mehappy

The Happiest Him
    Years
  • Should "gary" be capitalized here?
    This is the guy in Viridian City in front of the Gym & PokéCenter

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Habit, I'm not one of those hackers that throws some new tiles in, goes "lolnewhack" and moves on to the next project. The main priority now is gameplay, story and features. Graphics and sound come later. But I will be changing some tiles.

Don't get me wrong I welcome negative feedback (I've gotten quite a bit and will be changing them), but I cannot stand those people I've seen in other threads criticising good hacks because they didn't start with the least important part of a hack.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    the practice gym seems very hard. i have caught a doduo (to lazy to find out how to spell it) and got the bualbasaur, and all 3 of them are level 15. i think you should change that because the beedrill always uses twin needles, which either kills, or does over half damage on them.

mehappy

The Happiest Him
    Years
  • I think its cool how the Practice Gym Leader's name is the same as mine in real life, and it's not a common name :D

EDIT: Here's another "bug", just something you overlooked when renaming moves!

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen today
    i vmed u the sprites Nikolai only did 6 bc i didnt know how many u wanted. & also pmed u the story 4 my hack that im doing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Pretty cool userbar tj, who is the man on the left? Also, Red won't be portrayed as an important character until much later in the game, so could you have him wearing a black cloak that covers half of his face, wearing jeans and a torn white shirt?

siper: As I said, they are meant to be very challenging for players who want that. The main reason you are having so much trouble though is due to the tier list. Apart from ubers and legendaries Pokémon are now in tier lists. Your evolution 1 Pokémon are tier one, while his end evolution Pokémon are tier 3, giving him a big advantage over yours.

mehappy: That's because I haven't edited Diglett yet, and no other Pokémon I've edited has had the move Magnitude. I edit these things as I go along y'see :)
    And what an awesome coincidence :D

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • Well, I went to google images and looked up team rocket sprite, and he came up, so I thought he'd be an admin, due to his clothes. And could you send me the sprite of the character you want me to replace Red with? I can't sprite.

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen today
    i played this yesterday & it was pretty good. cant wait 4 this 2 be fully done. & Nikolai i vmped u a q that i would like u to answer so i can add my sprites in my rom.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Thanks Electric Scyther :)

Ah ok. I don't have the sprite yet tj.

Thanks qaz. I replied (Y)

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen today
    thanks. well if u dont have anything else 4 me to do Nikolai il be studying 4 my quiz thats on mon. & il be back after the 24 so i can study & pass my final. if u still want me 2 do some things let me know right away so i can do them with in the next 2 days.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Oh, well right now all I want is three trainer sprites of:

Two male Rockets.
    Two female Rockets.
    A male and a female Rocket.

If you can do that, great thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Also, I have been thinking for a while now how to implement Hoenn Pokémon, when I won't be including Hoenn. (Not right now at least, as it is impossible due to the place name limitation). Here is what I have come up with.

Some rare Hoenn Pokémon will be obtainable once by doing side quests. These side quests can only be started after beating the 16 gym leaders, with one quest + reward Pokémon per gym. They won't just be rewards from gym leaders, as they will require a the completion of the quest. They will either be given after finishing the quest, or a part of the quest will have you fight the Pokémon and you will have to catch it.

The rest will be in a new mini-region, which will have some quests which give more and the rest being catchable in this new region.

Here are the gym leader side quest rewards I have planned. Most of these side quests will involve the actual gym leader.

Electrike - Surge
    Solrock and Lunatone - Brock
    Mudkip - Misty
    Treeko - Erika
    Torhic - Blaine
    Seviper - Janine
    Ralts - Sabrina
    Beldum - Gary

Taillow - Falkner
    Anorith - Bugsy
    Zangoose - Whitney
    Shuppet - Morty