• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Ultimate Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehappy

The Happiest Him
Years
  • and a bug i have found:my pikachu died from poisening on palet town on my way to a place i can heal there(i never found one).and the screen went black after it talled me that i'm out of pokemon and when it went on again(half a sec)i found myself stuck in the northwest point of a poka center(i didn't get to see a real one-only after it when i started a new game)and i couldent walk anywhere-just stuck.
    thats the same problem i had and he said he knows about it!

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Right guys, an explanation of the dying glitch:

In all Pokémon Centers you have to run a script when you use it, to tell the game to set that as the revive point. It happens before you use one because I neglected to add one at the start of the game before the first Pokémon Center. I somewhat regret putting it in for the beta :/

Tennisrocks: That is because Sable is a new area, and I haven't made it a part of the town map (all new areas will have this bug until I figure out why this happens)

Glad you liked the Bulba side-quest. Did you notice the additional reward?

Any more feedback on more bugs as well as overall feedback on enjoyment?

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • I'm not sure if you did this on purpose, but when you battle one trainer, it's a double battle, and somehow you get two pikachus, even though you only have one. I'd take a picture but it got overwritten.

Here's another thing. It's really minor though. You can stand on this box, but you shouldn't be able to.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • The beta looks goo so far. It may be a good idea to have a healing point in Pallet town though. My Pikachu ran out of thundershocks and nearly died.

Although, I managed to catch a Pidgey in one go somehow, so I managed to avoid screwing myself over too badly.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2011
    A wrong description Double Team: Slacks Off and restores half of it's HP instead of Increases user's Evasiveness by one stage.
    I can't post pictures yet.
    Aswell as an invisible wall in Viridian City i think it's the path to Elite 4,i think you made it so you cannot have acces until you have all the badges but putting a guard it will give a more realistic impression
    When you name your Charmender first time it looks like an egg.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

tjwilliams: I forgot to warn about that. If you only have one Pokémon with you then it gets duplicated for double battles (and goes away afterwards). I'm gonna see how that is handled in vanilla fire red.

Didn't notice the box, I'll fix that :)

Roxas: I will do, I will also make Sentret a level lower as people seem to be struggling with that battle.

AngelOfPokémon: Hmm the description is correct, it's the actual move that seems to be wrong, as I was meant to change Double Team into Slack Off (and make slack off a common move most people can learn, to add a new area of strategy). I'll look into that.

The egg, yeah so does Bulbasaur, I'm not sure why it does that but it doesn't affect the Pokémon in any way and they still get named fine.

And the invisible wall isn't to stop you going to Johto/Indigo Plateu. It's just not a part of the beta yet as the area is completely untouched. You will find the same invisible wall at the end of Route 16 and north of Vermilion.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • Alright Nikolai, I found two things. I'm not sure if you did this on purpose but but I can't enter any buildings in Sable City besides the training gym and " The Owen Household"

Also, here is a wierd shading thing on the trees.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Thank you tyking. Work will continue on the 27th, with new content and the found bugs fixed.

Tj: You can't enter those buildings as they haven't been "made" yet, and the ones you can enter are because they actually have a purpose. All buildings so far will make the next beta.

Thanks .awesome. I'm thinking of introducing another major plot in the next beta :)

(Reason work is on halt is, as I mentioned above, because I go to Newcastle for combat training very soon, and I'm spending most of my time preparing for that)

I'm still recruiting, any of you guys interested? Even an ideas guy would be fine right now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    I don't need any mappers, thanks anyway.

PM me if you get any ideas on story or gameplay features (Y)

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • Alright, I just PMed you some ideas. And, is the bulbasaur side quest the one in Sable City where you find the kid five times? Oh by the way...could someone help me with that? I can't seem to find him..I only found him in the corner of the map.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    great story man just downloaded it. & if u need someone for spriting & testing i can do those (even though i havn't done spriting in 2 yrs im starting to get back in it. & sorry i deleted everything on my other pc back then 2 make room since it had no memery & space left).

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    tjwilliams: Thanks I'll have a read. The Sable City side quest is indeed the Bulbasaur quest (which also has another, kind of hidden reward). He might be stood somewhere you can't see?

quz: Thank you :) you are on trial as a spriter. Do you do overworlds too by any chance?

As for tester, that depends why you want to be a tester (Y)

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • Alright, he only is the town right? Oh, and Nikolai, I was wondering if I could test future betas for you, since the first beta I was supposed to test was made public due to you being called off by the army.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • Alright, thanks.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    i can try like i said i havn't done any pkmn haking in 2yrs (i said before i havnt sprited but i meant anything also) but im starting again because i wanted to make a hack with my story i have. bty il make a post a test sprite once my download is finished (because for some reason my serial # for pscs4 is keep expiring).
    & as for the tester i would want to be one to help out to find aall the bugs, errors etc. (& also to see what it's like before i find a company to send a letter to [i know someone who knows a local gaming company # & is going to give it to me once he finds it again]).... well im off to see the Karate Kid 2010 while im waiting for my download to finish (since i have slow internet & it won't get down for 3hrs). Oh, and Nikolai good luck with your training & the army.

edit: here's some recoloring that i did to my one of my favorite trainer sprites (don't know who originaly made it or if its the main ruby rom. his name was carlos in 1 of the hacks[forgot the name]) & a ds trainer sprite resized for gba:

Spoiler:
    again i just recolored them quickly to post some examples & remember i havn't done any pokemon hacking for 2yrs & that includes sprites too. also these 2 took me about 1 1/2 hrs to recolor.

Last edited:

sonic6454

Champion Of All Regions
    Years
  • errr.... in route 1 i lost to the biker mars and when i spawn back i spawn to a pokecenter 2nd floor battle room you know the link one oh.. and i want to be a beta tester!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back