• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Ah, I thought so...
While typing its name, it reminded me of Ceasar. Ha, I'm slow. xD

Wow, that must be a lot of work for KangasKid to do every pokemon. =o
Good luck with that. =)
Are you also going to re-sprite the "official" Pokemon?

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
I don't really see a point for them to do so.... I mean, why make more work! But then again they might, to give Ancanthite even more of a feel of originality!!!

Kangas will be re-spriting all Pokémon that have appeared in past generations. It's a custom style, so any other style would like clash...majorly.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
and besides, for all the generations, ddidn't they resprite them for the new generations? its a pokemon tradition :P

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
ooh updates!
in case i haven't posted here before(too many pages to look through) i have to say this game is a work of art.
Those custom pokemon are awesome but for every good one, there is usually a not-so-good one later.
tentacruze looks like a squid because of its weird shaped head.
Seazar looks ugly, but the good kind of ugly(yes that is possible).
I liked the previous diavil because it looked more sinister but oh well...
I like the story of this game.
i would like to help you but i don't know anything about making a fan made game or whatever you call it.
Well i liked the bouldon and its evolutions the most of the new updates.
but before i end this post,i would like to point out that it is all opinion.
Best of luck!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
ooh updates!
in case i haven't posted here before(too many pages to look through) i have to say this game is a work of art.
Those custom pokemon are awesome but for every good one, there is usually a not-so-good one later.
tentacruze looks like a squid because of its weird shaped head.
Seazar looks ugly, but the good kind of ugly(yes that is possible).
I liked the previous diavil because it looked more sinister but oh well...
I like the story of this game.
i would like to help you but i don't know anything about making a fan made game or whatever you call it.
Well i liked the bouldon and its evolutions the most of the new updates.
but before i end this post,i would like to point out that it is all opinion.
Best of luck!

Thanks for the feedback, it's always helpful. It would be even more useful if you could point out which designs you think are weak, but we're currently redesigning any that we recognise aren't as good as they should be - a lot of this art is a bit out of date now. One comment I'll contradict is that the old Diavil looked more liks it belonged to a game called Generic Monster Dungeon 2 whereas the new one embodies some more Pokémon-like traits!

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2019
the sprites are amazing! It must have taken ages to make all the sprites

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
Years
Oh wow

Oh wow. This is so creative. I can't wrap my mind around this. I've never seen anythiung like it. This thread is what attracted me to this forums. The pokemon and the towns ...just seem so real. I really want to make the Pokedex Entry for these exquiste pokemon. I would love to be invoilved in the making of Pokemon Acanthite. I promise you will not regret it. I will use my best vocabulary and diction for each of teh pokemon. BTW, i just love Mezereon City(Its breathtaking). And Geminine is made to perfection, Armaster and Beauteppe and so many other........ It would be an honor to make the Pokedex Entry for them. But only if i could get the chance.
Thank You for your time.

:16:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
What do you mean?

This game is an actual game you will be able to play for real. Unless you were referring to someone else...

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2008
It will be a real, playable game. It's just being worked on, and won't be ready for a long while.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Here we have the starters from Pokémon Acanthite having been redesigned by Purple Kecleon and sprited by KangasKid.

Add this to the original battle background by Nelson (still being altered, putting in new status windows and such) and you've got the bones of something pretty nice.

So, here are the starters in action.

starter1.png

starter2.png

starter3.png

Enjoy!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
It looks great, Fangking! I'm impressed with how the background looks; very advanced, and those striped lines/patterns are very nice. I'm also liking how the sprites of the starters look.

Keep up the good work, Pokémon Acanthite! (I can't really direct it towards one single person, because that would be unfair. All of the Pokémon Acanthite team deserves my credit. :x)

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Wow, I had been a part of the SPP crowd for quite a while, but I had no idea that PK was that good an artist! I learn something new every day.

I see someone else thought a Light type was a plausible idea; hey, there's a Dark type, so why not? I remember seeing somewhere that Satoshi didn't want any more types after Dark/Steel, but it still makes sense. I'm not sure about Virus, but, Missingno couldn't possibly fit anywhere else type-wise, I guess (btw, cute reanimating of it :P).

*EDIT* I just got a good look at all the new Fakemon designs, and some of them are f***ing AWESOME. Like some people, I'm kinda' against Fakemon (only because you never know what GF will come out with eventually, and some of those fake-evos could end up clashing with any ones they make later), but some of those could even make Ken Sugimori jealous. No, seriously.

*EDIT (4/29/08)* I just thought of something: Will you be converting any of the current attacks into Light-type moves, like how they changed Bite from Normal in R/B/Y into a Dark move?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back