• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Pikachu's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

himowa

Buy one get one free
Years
  • I've been wondering when there would be a yellow tribute 8D
    I'm stoked for this! Can't wait to see it done. I love how pikachu is on your back instead of following you around.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • It would be way easier if you used RPG Maker
    but im excited for this though
    i had an idea to make a yellow remake
    but decided not to
    Hopefully this wont die like the other yellow remakes
    because i know its sorta hard to do
    I think Hacks get more attention around PC, so the game is staying a hack.

Also, don't worry. I'm more motivated than ever to work on this.
    So it has to do something with a future episode and custom tiles are coming soon. OOOOOOh I cannot wait to see them
    Custom tiles are coming, but they aren't the highest priority. ;)
    In Pallet Town, the river is surfable right? Where will it lead?And the water next to Misty? And the water in Viridian? I think you should connect them.
    And what is it a hack of exactly?
    They are connected. Something to the left of them.

The hack is of Firered. Maybe I should edit that into the first post, amirite?

Here's your userbar, Barker:

And it's my first animated one to! Here's the code:

Code:
    http://i26.tinypic.com/30kadxj.jpg
    I'm very sorry I didn't put "Pikachu's Tale Supporter"...

Also, expect a Banner soon...
    Looks really good. :) Only, I hope it's not a big deal, but the name is still subject to change. Don't get mad if I make a slight change. :P

Hey, this seems like a good Hack. Good Luck xD
    Thanks a lot man. :)

Viridian looks awesome. Can't wait to see what's down that river!

So is that you starting the scripting now?

One thing I was thinking about. When you battle Jesse and James are you just going to have them keep the same Pokemon but keep leveling them up?

:shocked: That's awesome. It owns the one I made.
    Really nothing creative, look at one of the later Season One episodes, and you'll know instantly. I'm not telling, because it adds a tiny bit of "hmm" to things. :P

Jesse and James will have the same line-up as in the anime, of course. If things begin to get stale though, I may add a few pokemon to their team. Each of their battles will be double battles.

And come on, both are great. :P

Glad you guys like the Userbar. I really hope Barker likes it, too. Making the Banner now...
    I do. :P
    I've been wondering when there would be a yellow tribute 8D
    I'm stoked for this! Can't wait to see it done. I love how pikachu is on your back instead of following you around.
    Thanks for your support. It really helps. :P

Anyway, updates. I'm hesitant to insert any scripts until I know for sure I'm not going to mess anything up, so I'll just continue to work at it little by little. Tomorrow's the weekend, which is when I really get to work, so we'll see about things.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
  • Hey I am definately excited about this game. I am curious if you are putting in the Pokemon League from the anime?

Also a friend of mine is curious if you are putting an event in with the two gyms in one city thing (the Kaz and Yaz gyms)?

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    custom tiles ? I hope you won't change palets...grass, trees and water are perfect.

Barker

Years
  • Οk good to see your dedicated to this barker.
    Off topic I am using the support banna. Yay!
    Haha, the support is appreciated.
    If you're worried about messing something up, I'm sure one of the better hackers would be happy to help you out.
    I've got C3LEBI helping now, I guess if I have trouble grasping things I can ask others.
    Hey I am definately excited about this game. I am curious if you are putting in the Pokemon League from the anime?

Also a friend of mine is curious if you are putting an event in with the two gyms in one city thing (the Kaz and Yaz gyms)?
    To a certain extent, yeah. I haven't planned that far yet.

I've said it a hundred times :P If it's in the Anime, it's probably in the game.
    custom tiles ? I hope you won't change palets...grass, trees and water are perfect.
    I mean for certain buildings. Palletes are staying, for sure, though I may change the main tree to that of CheesePeow's first Rombase.

New Age Retro Hippie

No matter where I am, I...
    Years
  • O.O

Someone recreating Yellow as the best series of the anime. The adorably lame puns kept intact. Everything that should've been in Yellow (as it was supposed to be the anime version), but wasn't. Towns-of-the-day, big maps, things that brought me to watching the anime every afternoon like maybe Jigglypuff (Oh, PLEASE!).

Gaahaa. EXCELLENT! This looks like it'll shape up to be immense and wonderful. I'll be keeping my eye on this ^.^

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • this is gonna be such a good hack, so many people wanted an anime correct game for so long, i have but one question, will you be replacing the sevii islands with a mini version of the orange islands?

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • I have an idea for all the houses in Viridian. In real life, you dont just walk into people's houses do you? So, if you make only some available then it would be more realistic.

Also, instead of sticking straight to the anime, why dont you add a few things in aswell? Such as the Pokemon ranch idea (but make it so its just random pokemon, not your pokemon box), i hope this isnt gonna be too linear with the anime aswell...

Barker

Years
  • O.O

Someone recreating Yellow as the best series of the anime. The adorably lame puns kept intact. Everything that should've been in Yellow (as it was supposed to be the anime version), but wasn't. Towns-of-the-day, big maps, things that brought me to watching the anime every afternoon like maybe Jigglypuff (Oh, PLEASE!).

Gaahaa. EXCELLENT! This looks like it'll shape up to be immense and wonderful. I'll be keeping my eye on this ^.^
    Haha, thanks. Yeah, lots of little things should be in. Maybe some random dude doing the Pokérap.

this is gonna be such a good hack, so many people wanted an anime correct game for so long, i have but one question, will you be replacing the sevii islands with a mini version of the orange islands?
    I've covered this. If there's room after I finish Kanto completely. I won't cut corners to include it.
    I have an idea for all the houses in Viridian. In real life, you dont just walk into people's houses do you? So, if you make only some available then it would be more realistic.

Also, instead of sticking straight to the anime, why dont you add a few things in aswell? Such as the Pokemon ranch idea (but make it so its just random pokemon, not your pokemon box), i hope this isnt gonna be too linear with the anime aswell...
    I don't want to make it THAT real. I need to keep it close to the actual RPGS. But yeah, adding no-door houses sounds reasonable.

The game isn't going to be "linear". You'll go somewhere, and do an event; you'll be free until the next event starts. Not constraining at all. As for the ranch idea, I just don't think it'd be very interesting talking to random sprites and having them purr at you. Seems like an aesthetic thing that the game can live without.

As for the hack.. It's nearing May, which means exam season. Don't worry, the hack will live. Just don't break anything if updates are parse.

Blue Pikachu

It's a Blue Pikachu!... Lawl
    Years
  • As for the hack.. It's nearing May, which means exam season. Don't worry, the hack will live. Just don't break anything if updates are parse.

That's the same with me just recently found out my GCSE's start in 2 and 1/2 weeks not a month. :shocked:

Anyway glad your still as dedicated as ever, can't wait till next update. What (in between revision) are you planning to work on next?

And as for breaking things...

*moves fabriche egg collection out room*

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • it still appears to be a very good hack and a very good idea, but how are you going to fit so much in there without making the file size larger.

unless you can make a patch which enlarges the other members .gba file size or sending out the .gba file instead (which we are not aloud to do anyway).

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2014
    Hi Barker, you hack seems pretty cool.
    So does that mean that in addition to Pikachu following you in the game, Misty and Brock will follow you as well?

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • This looks nice i belive it will be a good hack!!!

Btw: Instead of having no-door houses why not have a script that says "The door is locked"

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Btw: Instead of having no-door houses why not have a script that says "The door is locked"

agreed

but anyway this isn't real-life, so why not the thing like you can go in every house. I mean like when Baro makes in pokemon marble big cities, it's ok with some "locked" houses but if a town only has 3-6 houses it's pointless

Blue Pikachu

It's a Blue Pikachu!... Lawl
    Years
  • Hi Barker, you hack seems pretty cool.
    So does that mean that in addition to Pikachu following you in the game, Misty and Brock will follow you as well?

If you actually took the time to read through the previous comments you would see that pikachu will not follow you therefore neither will Misty and Brock. To overcome this pikachu will be included in the Ash sprite.

Barker

Years
  • That's the same with me just recently found out my GCSE's start in 2 and 1/2 weeks not a month. :shocked:

Anyway glad your still as dedicated as ever, can't wait till next update. What (in between revision) are you planning to work on next?

And as for breaking things...

*moves fabriche egg collection out room*
    Well.. I need to focus on scripting. I refuse to move ahead until what I already have (Episodes one and two) are fully scripted with at least beta quality; With full work on the hack being sparse till at least the 18th, I'll probably do some inside mapping and dialog too.
    it still appears to be a very good hack and a very good idea, but how are you going to fit so much in there without making the file size larger.

unless you can make a patch which enlarges the other members .gba file size or sending out the .gba file instead (which we are not aloud to do anyway).
    I'm not worried at all about it not fitting. You shouldn't either.

This looks nice i belive it will be a good hack!!!

agreed

but anyway this isn't real-life, so why not the thing like you can go in every house. I mean like when Baro makes in pokemon marble big cities, it's ok with some "locked" houses but if a town only has 3-6 houses it's pointless
    I think you're all taking this anime-realism thing too far. Just because an actual city has thouands upon thousands of houses in real life doesn't mean I need to add a trillion houses in game, no door or locked door or otherwise. If I make Viridian and Pallet huge, not only will the lines between towns and cities blur even more, I'll have trouble showing that Saffron is indeed a GIGANTIC town.

Expect some sprawling cities later in the game, not here.

Edit: I have some free time today, so I'll do my HoW thing, then see if I can't work a little. I'm surprised at just how busy I've been. Also, help has been offered numerous times, and I'm feeling a bit of help would be in order.

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
  • 0wnage (sorry for the l33t). I love it, seems to be the best idea, I actually thought about this a while ago. One question though, what about Hoenn? Orange Islands? Johto? Sinnoh even?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back