• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Pikachu's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Pikachu

It's a Blue Pikachu!... Lawl
Years
  • Been chilling with friends the past few days

You're not allowed the chill with mates! Get back to work! :P

On a more serious point in the 3rd episode ash catches two Pokemon. Are you going to make catching the Pokemon optional or a script where they catch them? My initial idea was that the first Pokemon (Caterpie) was caught by an NPC to 'teach' the player how to catch Pokemon then the player has a go and catches the Pidgeotto? I realise it may be hard to stick right to the anime but was just wondering myself. Again I'm not sure if you had any ideas for this.

Looking forward to seeing the next map :)

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • You're not allowed the chill with mates! Get back to work! :P

On a more serious point in the 3rd episode ash catches two Pokemon. Are you going to make catching the Pokemon optional or a script where they catch them? My initial idea was that the first Pokemon (Caterpie) was caught by an NPC to 'teach' the player how to catch Pokemon then the player has a go and catches the Pidgeotto? I realise it may be hard to stick right to the anime but was just wondering myself. Again I'm not sure if you had any ideas for this.

Looking forward to seeing the next map :)
    :P

I thought of something like that, but it really wouldn't be practical to require certain Pokemon to be caught. After all, half the fun is building your own team. If a player really wants to be exactly like Ash though, he/she will catch the same Pokemon on their own.

On another note, I added the Map for Pallet Town. Something about it strikes me as weird, so it will probably be edited a tiny bit. Nonetheless, there it is. Feel free to critique it.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Don't worry, I have nothing better to do...

Blue Pikachu

Years
  • Personally I think the Pallet town map looks awesome. Very big and it does remind me of the anime.

Nice to see a starter town bigger than 20x20 tiles :P

Are you planning to create insides for all the houses?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    Palet town looks awesome, it reminds me so much of the one from anime (especialy oak's lab and ash's home). But if you will do every town so big will you have free space for Orange Islands ?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow, the maps you posted in the "Map rating thread" look awesome. They're much, much better than the original. They look so good and original in style. So, the mapping parts going good as I can see. How's the scripting, buddy?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Good to know it's still going well. I took a look at the first post maps, and it's interesting how everything's planned for Route1. It'll be more when I get to see those events in action, obviously :P

About the Pallet map, I always thought Pallet (in the anime) was a town more like in the middle of some plains, with each house being far away from the others, but I guess that wouldnt work well because it'd make the place look a bit more empty.

Well, keep it up! I'm sure all the anime lovers will enjoy this :)

Barker

Years
  • Thanks Green, Shine. :)
    Personally I think the Pallet town map looks awesome. Very big and it does remind me of the anime.

Nice to see a starter town bigger than 20x20 tiles :P

Are you planning to create insides for all the houses?
    Haha, thanks. Of course there will be insides. ;)
    Palet town looks awesome, it reminds me so much of the one from anime (especialy oak's lab and ash's home). But if you will do every town so big will you have free space for Orange Islands ?
    The priority is to have the first season done and completely done. I won't skimp on features for the original season to include the Orange Islands. (If the Orange Islands fit, yippie, if not, It's still going to be a complete game.)
    Wow, the maps you posted in the "Map rating thread" look awesome. They're much, much better than the original. They look so good and original in style. So, the mapping parts going good as I can see. How's the scripting, buddy?
    Still working on it, as it's very patchy. It'll all come together though.
    Good to know it's still going well. I took a look at the first post maps, and it's interesting how everything's planned for Route1. It'll be more when I get to see those events in action, obviously :P

About the Pallet map, I always thought Pallet (in the anime) was a town more like in the middle of some plains, with each house being far away from the others, but I guess that wouldnt work well because it'd make the place look a bit more empty.

Well, keep it up! I'm sure all the anime lovers will enjoy this :)
    Have to back up my scripts, yep.

Pallet was sort of an anomaly. I wanted it to be more plainslike, but you just can't give the starting town that much space in hacks. I have a ton of stuff to fit in. If I find out I have enough space at the end, I'll remap it to be more plainslike, but for now, that's what I'm going to work with.

And.. Thanks, as always. :)

I worked on Viridan a bit last night, but I may need to make the map smaller. Perhaps I can get it done tonight. After that, I need to map what was Route 22 in the original.

Oh, maybe I forgot to post it. I'm going to have to renumber some of the routes, because there are extra cities unaccounted for in the originals- more cities means more routes.

After that, I need to put down Advance Map and script. -_- Once I get up to about Pewter or so, we can start thinking about a Showcase thread and a beta. Hopefully, I can get all of this done by late May.

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
  • the new maps look really good barker,

i do hope you're going to be able to keep this still a game and not so much a show tie in like some seem to be stressing it to be, honestly some minor things (burnt bike? pokemon order?) those are probly some of the least essential out of all the things you could account for in the grand scheme of things.... not that i am trying to offendf anyone or anything about that, but it seems really silly to myself..

on to a question then, will you encounter jesse, james and meowth often or in some of the more notable events they were part of?

no need to give specifics on the events you're intending to use however gfor that would spoil any surprises that we might encounter along the way

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
    Years
  • i love it!

i still have Pokemon Episodes recorded on tape! i love you're idea, and the tiles. looking at...you're picture, you explain things well which means this is gonna be great!

Hope it works!

Good luck!

Barker

Years
  • the new maps look really good barker,

i do hope you're going to be able to keep this still a game and not so much a show tie in like some seem to be stressing it to be, honestly some minor things (burnt bike? pokemon order?) those are probly some of the least essential out of all the things you could account for in the grand scheme of things.... not that i am trying to offendf anyone or anything about that, but it seems really silly to myself..

on to a question then, will you encounter jesse, james and meowth often or in some of the more notable events they were part of?

no need to give specifics on the events you're intending to use however gfor that would spoil any surprises that we might encounter along the way
    First of all, thanks.

I certainly don't plan to hold the player's hand and FORCE them to do things a certain way; I guess this game is more the story than anything. Some people might like to play it exactly like Ash, some might like to deviate. Some might like to not use Pikachu at all. I'm going to keep it open to the player while keeping the story as close as possible to the real thing.

Jesse and James will probably not show up every event (They've been in every episode except the first.), but they will obviously be a big part of the story. Needless to say, they will take over the role of main Rival.

I showed that one even to give players an idea of how events will go, and that I actually have a plan of how to do everything. I'm not just throwing random references out there, and, for lack of a better term, half-as$ing things. I certainly won't be showing every event. Most of the fun is the sense of exploration.

(Not sure on PC's language rules :P)
    i still have Pokemon Episodes recorded on tape! i love you're idea, and the tiles. looking at...you're picture, you explain things well which means this is gonna be great!

Hope it works!

Good luck!

Hey, thanks. It really means a lot.

Honestly. :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Everything seems to be going along smoothly Barker. ;3

I'm making a surprise for you, but don't ask what it is...

Blue Pikachu

Years
  • I edited the Backpackachu sprite to make it...blue better

backpakachublueak6.png

:P

But on a more serious graphical note I thought it was about time you got a support banner! I really wanted to make it animated (the sprite spinning and the text changing) but I need to learn how to do that first! Well here it is. Not the best, but I don't think it's the worst either. Hopefully will be able to make some more.

pikataleunderbannertranxk9.png

Code:
    [URL]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9681/pikataleunderbannertranxk9.png[/URL]

Looking forward to Viridan and good luck with scripting!

Edit: first post on 3rd and 4th pages *dances in joy*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    awesome! i really want to help with this, also if you need something pm me... i can't script but i'm pretty good in making maps and i know something about overworld sprites...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back