• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 21, 2015
Of course gonna evolve it but not sure if I should split evs into special defense and speed or what. I want it to be able to take a hit and still knock off a fairy or dragon

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Of course gonna evolve it but not sure if I should split evs into special defense and speed or what. I want it to be able to take a hit and still knock off a fairy or dragon

Roserade's special bulk is still good even without investment. Just use max Special Attack/max Speed. Just saying, 6 perfect IVs may not get you anywhere, as Roserade may need a specific Hidden Power type as coverage (Fire and Ice).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have an Adamant Diancee with 31 IVs at HP,Atk and SpAtk(Hidden Power Ice).
I want to keep Diamond Storm on it.Should I go for both Sp.Atk and Atk EVs?

Nope. Adamant lowers Diancie's Special Attack, so Moonblast and Special Attack EVs would be a no-go. Just use HP and Attack.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Should I invest the remaining 4 EVs on Def or Sp.Def?Also will HP Ice be significantly reduced in power?

Last 4 EVs don't matter. With Adamant, Hidden Power's power is reduced, as it's a special move. And even if it wasn't Adamant, why would Diancie need Hidden Power Ice when it has Moonblast, which hits Dragons supereffectively and has STAB?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What's a good Mega Gengar Perish Song set?

Here it is:
-Perish Song
-Taunt
-Protect
-Disable/Substitute
Nature: Timid
EVs: 248 HP/84 SDef/176 Spe
Item: Gengarite

It's weird that this Gengar runs no offensive moves whatsoever, but all it should do is use Perish Song, stall out the 3 turns, then switch out before its Perish count hits 0.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
Here it is:
-Perish Song
-Taunt
-Protect
-Disable/Substitute
Nature: Timid
EVs: 248 HP/84 SDef/176 Spe
Item: Gengarite

It's weird that this Gengar runs no offensive moves whatsoever, but all it should do is use Perish Song, stall out the 3 turns, then switch out before its Perish count hits 0.
I know this is a defensive set but could Gengar make use of at least one attack move? I thought maybe you could take advantage of Mega Gengar's huuuge Sp. Atk stat by giving it something like Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse, which will give it coverage for 2 out of 3 of its weaknesses in case they are going to be too hard to hold off from with a Perish Song stall.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I know this is a defensive set but could Gengar make use of at least one attack move? I thought maybe you could take advantage of Mega Gengar's huuuge Sp. Atk stat by giving it something like Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse, which will give it coverage for 2 out of 3 of its weaknesses in case they are going to be too hard to hold off from with a Perish Song stall.
You don't have to worry about Mega Gengar having to deal with Pokemon it's weak to though. Because of Shadow Tag, M-Gengar can pick and choose what it's going to Perish Trap, then have its teammates take care of what it can't.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
You don't have to worry about Mega Gengar having to deal with Pokemon it's weak to though. Because of Shadow Tag, M-Gengar can pick and choose what it's going to Perish Trap, then have its teammates take care of what it can't.
Ah, I see. Would it be a good idea to replace Taunt with Confuse Ray?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Ah, I see. Would it be a good idea to replace Taunt with Confuse Ray?
Nah, because confusion is unreliable, and not having Taunt means other pokes with Taunt will shut MegaGar down. Taunt also prevents set-up, which could allow pokes to kill mega Gengar before the Perish Trapping is complete.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
What would the sequence of moves be for Mega Gengar when it enters? As in, what order would you use the moves? Taunt first? Or Perish Song first?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
I need some help here with my B/W in-game team. I'm planning on playing Pokemon Black soon after my completion of Platinum, and though I noticed a lack of Battle Frontier in Unova, I'm assuming that there's probably going to be a similarly post-game battling place, so I want to build my team like a competitive team as I always do with Battle Frontiers in previous games.

That said, do the Elites and the more powerful trainers post-game ever switch their Pokemon? I noticed that even the Frontier Brains rarely did this, but I was wondering if they upgraded the in-game AI in BW? I ask this because I'm wondering if a Spikes/Spinblocker role is necessary for post-game BW.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I need some help here with my B/W in-game team. I'm planning on playing Pokemon Black soon after my completion of Platinum, and though I noticed a lack of Battle Frontier in Unova, I'm assuming that there's probably going to be a similarly post-game battling place, so I want to build my team like a competitive team as I always do with Battle Frontiers in previous games.

That said, do the Elites and the more powerful trainers post-game ever switch their Pokemon? I noticed that even the Frontier Brains rarely did this, but I was wondering if they upgraded the in-game AI in BW? I ask this because I'm wondering if a Spikes/Spinblocker role is necessary for post-game BW.
The battle facility in Unova is the Battle Subway, which is located in Nimbasa City. It doesn't have varied battle types like the Battle Frontier of Emerald or HG/SS, it's basically a somewhat expanded Battle Tower. IIRC, the Elite 4 and Champion of B/W do have full, higher level teams in the post game. In the Battle Subway there's the regular lines and the Super lines. The Super ones are the ones you need competitive level teams for (just note that battles are 3v3 in Singles and 4v4 in Doubles).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
The battle facility in Unova is the Battle Subway, which is located in Nimbasa City. It doesn't have varied battle types like the Battle Frontier of Emerald or HG/SS, it's basically a somewhat expanded Battle Tower. IIRC, the Elite 4 and Champion of B/W do have full, higher level teams in the post game. In the Battle Subway there's the regular lines and the Super lines. The Super ones are the ones you need competitive level teams for (just note that battles are 3v3 in Singles and 4v4 in Doubles).
Thanks for the info, but do you know if the trainers there perform switch outs during battles? Pursuit is one of the many competitive techniques that have never been useful in-game due to trainers rarely switching their Pokemon out, for example, so I would like to know if this has been updated in B/W or B2/W2 post-game.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Thanks for the info, but do you know if the trainers there perform switch outs during battles? Pursuit is one of the many competitive techniques that have never been useful in-game due to trainers rarely switching their Pokemon out, for example, so I would like to know if this has been updated in B/W or B2/W2 post-game.
Nah, the AI still rarely switches out. Only time they do is if their Pokemon can do absolutely nothing to yours.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
I want a good Jolteon set.

Jolteon @ _____
Volt Absorb
Timid
4 __/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-_____
-_____
-_____

Also, PlatinumDude, where do you get your sets from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back