• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Aqua Blue (Pokedeaths, loot system, and more) Demo out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
  • I've played this hack and I want to say that this hack is awesome! I'm looking forward to its progress. Anyway, I also found a bug that when I used Party Restore during battle, the game reset.

Thanks, this problem is already fixed and will be out with the next build!

Years
  • First of all, good luck on your hack. This looks very impressive, and I'm looking forward to seeing the final result.
    However, I do have my own personal gripes about this hack, and I have a list of glitches that I have uncovered while playing it.

iU0Cq1T.png

This is one of the earliest glitches that I have uncovered. It's only a map connection, should be a two minute fix, if that.

Y0Y3UJH.png

Fairly obvious what's going on here.

VhYp5JR.png

Again, should be obvious. I don't know how this happened though.

One of the last glitches I have to mention I can't show you, but I have to mention. The elevator in the Celadon Mall isn't working.

Ok, now I'm going to subject you to my opinions.
    First off, Voltorb early game with Sonicboom isn't 'fun'. That's just plain annoying, as it wiped my entire team. Twice.
    Another point that I found annoying was the Trainers with all the X Attack/Sp. Attack items, as it gave them an unfair advantage.
    Ok, last one for now. You overuse movement 0x62. It's everywhere, in places that it shouldn't be. I think the troll toll kids didn't need a single one, but they had one almost every other textbox. It didn't make much sense, so I'd remove some of those if I were you.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • First of all, good luck on your hack. This looks very impressive, and I'm looking forward to seeing the final result.
    However, I do have my own personal gripes about this hack, and I have a list of glitches that I have uncovered while playing it.

iU0Cq1T.png

This is one of the earliest glitches that I have uncovered. It's only a map connection, should be a two minute fix, if that.

Y0Y3UJH.png

Fairly obvious what's going on here.

VhYp5JR.png

Again, should be obvious. I don't know how this happened though.

One of the last glitches I have to mention I can't show you, but I have to mention. The elevator in the Celadon Mall isn't working.

Ok, now I'm going to subject you to my opinions.
    First off, Voltorb early game with Sonicboom isn't 'fun'. That's just plain annoying, as it wiped my entire team. Twice.
    Another point that I found annoying was the Trainers with all the X Attack/Sp. Attack items, as it gave them an unfair advantage.
    Ok, last one for now. You overuse movement 0x62. It's everywhere, in places that it shouldn't be. I think the troll toll kids didn't need a single one, but they had one almost every other textbox. It didn't make much sense, so I'd remove some of those if I were you.

Those are all fixed. The latest version should have no bugs throughout that area and will be released soon. I'm just waiting for FBI to finish the death system. The glitch one in the celadon apartment ones including the text is intentional. The okemon storage one is just because I'm lazy. Its using JPAN's engine so I have to re-input just about every script needed for the game to be functional.

I assume you're talking about the kid that wants to be like red? With the vulpix and the voltorb? If he's beating you, its probably a good idea to try to go somewhere else. You can expect this logic elsewhere in the game as well. I know its not fun being beat, but if you're still getting beat after you go to gringey city, do those events, and beat erika then I'll be amazed. This game is not intended to be a face roll.

You do have access to the X attacks etc immediately after going to celadon, so I don't really see how this is an unfair advantage. You have more of an advantage than these trainers because they can only use 4 items per battle (I'm going to look into you being only able to use 4)

As for exclamation points, its just something fun. I'm spreading stuff out more as I go, but for now they are just excited little kids. Let them be.

Regardless, I thank you very much for taking the time to post those images and report those bugs. I hope you continue to enjoy the game once I release the next patch!

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    wow,, based on all the features you mention this is going to be awesome hack, if it applicable (no offense). Good luck with the hacking.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • wow,, based on all the features you mention this is going to be awesome hack, if it applicable (no offense). Good luck with the hacking.

Hey there, I appreciate that! And all should eventually be in and all of this should eventually be done. I'm taking a quick break, as I've been working on it for a while now. FBI is currently MIA so I need to wait for him to get the death system working.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    hey, why you didn't have bounty system features? gosh, this hack will succeed!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2015
    Hi

Hack looks amazing, really want to try this out. cant seem to download though as its an rar file or somesort? Do you have any other download files like an ips or something?

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Hi

Hack looks amazing, really want to try this out. cant seem to download though as its an rar file or somesort? Do you have any other download files like an ips or something?

You're going to want to get a program called winrar, or 7z. Both are fantastic free programs that offer better compression than zip. The .ips is inside the .rar.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2015
    You're going to want to get a program called winrar, or 7z. Both are fantastic free programs that offer better compression than zip. The .ips is inside the .rar.

Thanks, just downloaded and playing now, loving the start already!!!!

Years
  • It was a good hack to play...like seriously it was one of a kind even if the plot was kinda cliché.
    But there are some things to note erika for one how the HELL can she have perfect stats pokemon like bulbasaur oneshoted my vulpix with a sludgebomb but my xxx special powered ember didn't even bring it to half it took an ember and 2 sonic booms srsly dude?????
    Gloom with a sleep powder hax and sunnyday+solarbeam combo?????
    Sleep powder continous 3 times without a miss while my butterfree had misses at every alternative turn wtf????
    Trainers with sonic booms and snorlax powered with xx attack are you interested in giving us a headache my friend?????
    some of your ideas where original too so keep it up

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • This looks really nice, Criminon! I really like the screenshots I've seen, and once I get a moment here from my work I'm going to try out the release. After that I'll edit and let you know what I think :)

EDIT
    I presume I've gotten to the end of the demo, as I cannot seem to find Prof. Oak to give him the Sapphire. Overall, I rate this hack 6.5/10. The graphics were nice; I really liked the colour changes you did with the poisonous city, particularly with the water! Reminded me of the Oil Ocean Zone in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I managed to finish the miniquest with the poisoned town without catching a Poison Pokémon, to boot! The initial event scripting was absolutely stellar, too.

I lost a lot of interest into the game after battling the first gym leader. My biggest gripe was how OP her team was, to the point where it wasn't even fair. Giga Drain on a Chikorita is meh because TMs, but Sludge Bomb on a Bulbasaur is just ridiculous IMHO. I can't have my Fire-type starter get served on a silver platter by a Grass-type who is a mere level or two stronger than it - that's not enjoyable for me as a hack player. My second biggest gripe with the hack—though nowhere near as bad as the first—were the tile errors I saw, most of which were pointed out already ITT. There was also no trainer sprite for the player, which to be honest made it feel incomplete. Also, a word of advice: you gotta to be graceful with how you place your text on the lines – be sure not just to have good language, but to also arrange the different logical parts of the sentences on lines of their own. For instance, with a moderately long sentence you'd have the complete subject on one line and the complete predicate on the other. It helps readability a lot, and I notice a lot of good hackers forget this! There were also a few text errors but I'm sure you'll find those. I really did enjoy playing :)

Last edited:

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • It was a good hack to play...like seriously it was one of a kind even if the plot was kinda cliché.
    But there are some things to note erika for one how the HELL can she have perfect stats pokemon like bulbasaur oneshoted my vulpix with a sludgebomb but my xxx special powered ember didn't even bring it to half it took an ember and 2 sonic booms srsly dude?????
    Gloom with a sleep powder hax and sunnyday+solarbeam combo?????
    Sleep powder continous 3 times without a miss while my butterfree had misses at every alternative turn wtf????
    Trainers with sonic booms and snorlax powered with xx attack are you interested in giving us a headache my friend?????
    some of your ideas where original too so keep it up

Haha, I fixed a lot of the balance issues with the next patch, but I'm just waiting to release it. I'm still kind of on a break from this because I went ham for a little over a month straight. Really appreciate the kind words though! And you're saying you had an XXX special ember and you didn't kill something? You must have had a really bad vulpix, haha. My advice is turn it into a ninetails. Remember you have fire stones in Celadon!

This looks really nice, Criminon! I really like the screenshots I've seen, and once I get a moment here from my work I'm going to try out the release. After that I'll edit and let you know what I think :)

Thanks Nick! That means a lot and I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks, just downloaded and playing now, loving the start already!!!!

Happy you're loving it!

Years
  • Haha, I fixed a lot of the balance issues with the next patch, but I'm just waiting to release it. I'm still kind of on a break from this because I went ham for a little over a month straight. Really appreciate the kind words though! And you're saying you had an XXX special ember and you didn't kill something? You must have had a really bad vulpix, haha. My advice is turn it into a ninetails. Remember you have fire stones in Celadon!

Thanks Nick! That means a lot and I hope you enjoy it!

Happy you're loving it!

I forgot to mention the TM's can only be used once and can pokemon who evolve from stones learn moves ????? cause in bulbapedia upto gen 3 pokemons like ninetales and nidoking don't learn moves after evolution

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • I forgot to mention the TM's can only be used once and can pokemon who evolve from stones learn moves ????? cause in bulbapedia upto gen 3 pokemons like ninetales and nidoking don't learn moves after evolution

TMs can still only be used once? I'll have to look into that one, and its using dollsteak's patch. I'm pretty sure ninetails can learn moves afterwards with it.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • I found out that I wasn't at the end of the demo, but then I found this...

I know it's been mentioned before, but I'll go ahead and state it again: Erika's team is OP as fuck. XX Attack + Sleep Powder + HGSS Growth + Sludge Bomb on a Bulbasaur is absurd, not going to sugar coat that. My Quilava is only two levels behind and gets its ass handed to it by a haxxy Gym Leader... ugh. That was not fun. I'm going to modify my original review above.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Will there be anyway to revive a dead Pokemon?
    Ether way, good luck with this. I'll play it when it's closer to a finished game, if it reaches that point.

BT

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Ether way, good luck with this. I'll play it when it's closer to a finished game, if it reaches that point.

the whole point is that they are dead. So I assume not

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Will there be anyway to revive a dead Pokemon?

If we revived them, then they would become zombies. And zombies remind me of (pardon me for talking about another hack) Pokemon Snakewood.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • This looks really nice, Criminon! I really like the screenshots I've seen, and once I get a moment here from my work I'm going to try out the release. After that I'll edit and let you know what I think :)

EDIT
    I presume I've gotten to the end of the demo, as I cannot seem to find Prof. Oak to give him the Sapphire. Overall, I rate this hack 5.0/10. The graphics were nice; I really liked the colour changes you did with the poisonous city, particularly with the water! Reminded me of the Oil Ocean Zone in Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I managed to finish the miniquest with the poisoned town without catching a Poison Pokémon, to boot! The initial event scripting was absolutely stellar, too.

I lost a lot of interest into the game after battling the first gym leader. My biggest gripe was how OP her team was, to the point where it wasn't even fair. Giga Drain on a Chikorita is meh because TMs, but Sludge Bomb on a Bulbasaur is just ridiculous IMO. I can't have my Fire-type starter get it's ass served on a silver platter by a Grass-type who is a mere level or two stronger than it - that's not enjoyable for me as a hack player. My second biggest gripe with the hack—though nowhere near as bad as the first—were the tile errors I saw, most of which were pointed out already ITT. There was also no front sprite for the player, which bothered me a bit - also, you need to work a lot on your scripting. You have to be graceful with how you place your text on the lines – be sure not just to have good language, but to also arrange the different logical parts of the sentences on lines of their own. For instance, with a moderately long sentence you'd have the complete subject on one line and the complete predicate on the other. It helps readability a lot, and I notice a lot of hackers forget this! There were also a few text errors but I'm sure you'll find those. I really did enjoy playing :)

Hey there, no front sprite for the trainer? What do you mean?

I understand the gym leader is OP right now. Its one of those things where I just didn't have enough time to test but I wanted to put something out. I'm still working on balance.

As for tile errors, they should be fixed now.

Glad you enjoyed playing! Sad you gave it a 5/10

Pokemon will not be able to be revived if dead.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Hey there, no front sprite for the trainer? What do you mean?

I understand the gym leader is OP right now. Its one of those things where I just didn't have enough time to test but I wanted to put something out. I'm still working on balance.

As for tile errors, they should be fixed now.

Glad you enjoyed playing! Sad you gave it a 5/10

Pokemon will not be able to be revived if dead.
    New graphics may help a lot - it seems you have a knack judging from what you've already released. And you're right, it's a bit harsh. I wasn't in the mood when I changed it, it honestly should be a 6 at least. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back