• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Aqua Blue (Pokedeaths, loot system, and more) Demo out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
  • This game looks good so far.
    One suggestion:

Spoiler:

I'll give it a full run during the weekend and report any odd thing I find.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • This game looks good so far.
    One suggestion:

Spoiler:

I'll give it a full run during the weekend and report any odd thing I find.

Already dealt with in the next patch. Glad you're enjoying it!

Roger Davis

Goofball
    Years
  • This looks very interesting! I'll be sure to give it a go later on.

I have a question on the deaths--and I like the idea for that too, I'm just curious; will legendaries have the same death chance? I'm not asking because of difficulty--I rarely use legends myself--but if it takes so long to battle and catch them, they shouldn't have the same chance of dying as normal pokemon, right? Again, this isn't me asking for a difficulty alteration, I really like the idea and I totally understand you're not making this hack for everyone, I'm just curious if legendaries will be treated the same way, or if the chance will be lower or something.

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    The game crashes when Charmander evolves.
    There is no sound.
    The all potion item crashes the game when it is used in battle
    There so variety of glitches an errors throughout the demo, but the hack is awesome man. I really enjoyed it!

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • The game crashes when Charmander evolves.
    There is no sound.
    There so variety of glitches an errors throughout the demo, but the hack is awesome man. I really enjoyed it!

Sound error happens with custom songs. I'll look into charmander evolving. That shouldn't do that. Potions are already fixed for next build.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Welp, I believe I'm done with the alpha. I really look forward to playing the beta, it really got me wanting more :)

Another oddity I found is that there are many "silent NPCs" who don't react to you talking to them. And there are some others that don't turn to face you when talked to like they normally do.

Last edited:

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Welp, I believe I'm done with the alpha. I really look forward to playing the beta, it really got me wanting more :)

Another oddity I found is that there are many "silent NPCs" who don't react to you talking to them. And there are some others that don't turn to face you when talked to like they normally do.

Npcs that don't turn to face you are most likely doing something... like eating. I know there are specific ones that don't turn and face you, but please judge their situation. The only person I know that doesn't actually say anything to you, is the girl that lost her eevee. If you can think of any others, please let me know!

I'm happy you are enjoying the game so far!

The game crashes when Charmander evolves.
    There is no sound.

QBBt3nz.png

I've tried evolving several of the starters, as well as non-starters. I don't see anything wrong with evolution. Are you sure you patched it correctly?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    QBBt3nz.png

I've tried evolving several of the starters, as well as non-starters. I don't see anything wrong with evolution. Are you sure you patched it correctly?
    I will try to patch mine again, but my game crashes right before it says Congratulations!

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Npcs that don't turn to face you are most likely doing something... like eating. I know there are specific ones that don't turn and face you, but please judge their situation. The only person I know that doesn't actually say anything to you, is the girl that lost her eevee. If you can think of any others, please let me know!

I'm happy you are enjoying the game so far!

Most were security guards. The others were the ones who were eating and the woman who lost the Eevee.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    Woah, that poke death feature sounds really cool. I think it is a great idea and I will be looking forward to playing this hack

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Most were security guards. The others were the ones who were eating and the woman who lost the Eevee.

Yeah those were all intentional. I'm glad I didn't miss any other ones, lol. I do all of my work late at night, so I'm usually half asleep. The woman with the eevee will eventually respond with "..." and will be intractable once you acquire an eevee.

Woah, that poke death feature sounds really cool. I think it is a great idea and I will be looking forward to playing this hack

Glad you like the sound of it! Hoping to have that feature implemented soon! There are a lot of loose ends with it that need tied up before I'm able to actually put it in.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2018
    how to catch a pokemon ? always when i try they say the pokemon dodged and cannot be caught

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • how to catch a pokemon ? always when i try they say the pokemon dodged and cannot be caught

Were you hacking places you shouldn't be? More than likely you tried battling a legendary pokemon, they defeated your party, then you tried proceeding to play the game. If this is the case, you need to restart the game. Boundaries are set for a reason. You're not supposed to be able to fight them yet. This is the only time this script comes into play, so other than that you should NEVER see it. Its either that, or you patched wrong.

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
  • The demo was good. Just finished playing it. I did notice when you pick one of the other choices of starters, like Totodile or Mudkip, they pic for the pokemon comes out likes the icon for the Laptop, and it has no moves, so you would use Struggle. And I had to start the game over because when I was teleported to the player's father, it would appear the infinite pokeballs while healing. When I selected Squirtle second time I tried to play it, the game would play like normal. Just thought to let you know.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • The demo was good. Just finished playing it. I did notice when you pick one of the other choices of starters, like Totodile or Mudkip, they pic for the pokemon comes out likes the icon for the Laptop, and it has no moves, so you would use Struggle. And I had to start the game over because when I was teleported to the player's father, it would appear the infinite pokeballs while healing. When I selected Squirtle second time I tried to play it, the game would play like normal. Just thought to let you know.

I'll be sure to check that out. That might already be fixed, as I have yet to release the next build. I know there were some problems with the pokemon selection before. We will see if its fixed however. As for the icon for the laptop, that's due to how I use the animations for cut. That's basically the new "this isn't a pokemon" sprite.

Thanks again for the heads up, and I'm glad you enjoyed the demo!

Edit: I did confirm that you must be using an old file. On my version, everything is working as it should. I'll be releasing the latest version as soon as FBI gets pokedeaths fully working.

What do you think guys.... too hard?
    8uNFr8P.gif

Last edited:

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll be sure to check that out. That might already be fixed, as I have yet to release the next build. I know there were some problems with the pokemon selection before. We will see if its fixed however. As for the icon for the laptop, that's due to how I use the animations for cut. That's basically the new "this isn't a pokemon" sprite.

Edit: I did confirm that you must be using an old file. On my version, everything is working as it should. I'll be releasing the latest version as soon as FBI gets pokedeaths fully working.

8uNFr8P.gif

Early game Earthquake + other high powered moves = big no-no
    That's all I have to say about that gif.
    I had an idea: turning in dead Pokemon should allow you to get some vitamins, so that training new members won't be as arduous.

Years
  • I'll be sure to check that out. That might already be fixed, as I have yet to release the next build. I know there were some problems with the pokemon selection before. We will see if its fixed however. As for the icon for the laptop, that's due to how I use the animations for cut. That's basically the new "this isn't a pokemon" sprite.

8uNFr8P.gif

Yes, that's too much, you have to look for a way that in early game there are challenging battles but at the same time making the battles fair. When your best move is Peck with Nidoking, it's not fair to give Machop Cross Chop or Larvitar Earthquake, I mean it's not impossible to beat, but it's not fun. You can make pretty cool battles without needing to give the Pokémon their best moves early game. That is something I don't like about Pokémon Glazed, the Jolteon in the first gym with Thunderbolt and more powerful attacks is ridiculous, that early it just OHKOes everything.

So I think there are many ways to create challenge, and creating challenge by giving weak Pokémon early game amazing moves that OHKO everything is not a fun way to do it, you end up relying on luck and team matchup.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    I have encountered a slight bug, in the dex, it says area unknown for vulpix but i have found it in the wild. not really a problem just a little bug in the game. other than that its a really good game, any ideas of a completion date?

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Yes, that's too much, you have to look for a way that in early game there are challenging battles but at the same time making the battles fair. When your best move is Peck with Nidoking, it's not fair to give Machop Cross Chop or Larvitar Earthquake, I mean it's not impossible to beat, but it's not fun. You can make pretty cool battles without needing to give the Pokémon their best moves early game. That is something I don't like about Pokémon Glazed, the Jolteon in the first gym with Thunderbolt and more powerful attacks is ridiculous, that early it just OHKOes everything.

So I think there are many ways to create challenge, and creating challenge by giving weak Pokémon early game amazing moves that OHKO everything is not a fun way to do it, you end up relying on luck and team matchup.

I was more or less joking. This was indeed way too hard. I won by sheer luck. Just showing off a bit of new areas.

I have encountered a slight bug, in the dex, it says area unknown for vulpix but i have found it in the wild. not really a problem just a little bug in the game. other than that its a really good game, any ideas of a completion date?

Odd that it would say that. I haven't messed with Pokedex stuff, so I'm not sure what to do about that one. I'll look into it. Also nope, I work on it around 7 hours a day. It will be finished when its finished.

Early game Earthquake + other high powered moves = big no-no
    That's all I have to say about that gif.
    I had an idea: turning in dead Pokemon should allow you to get some vitamins, so that training new members won't be as arduous.

As I said above, was more or less joking. As for the vitamins, I can see this working. I'm thinking I'll probably have them exchanged for cores, and then you can use the cores for those types of things as well as gaining new moves, etc.

Also, there are new gifs up on the screenshots page, showcasing some of the features.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've played this hack and I want to say that this hack is awesome! I'm looking forward to its progress. Anyway, I also found a bug that when I used Party Restore during battle, the game reset.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back