• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

as long as my favorites don't end up being banished or whatever.

i'm too lazy to go to the first post to look up the proper term.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

The only really annoying part about HMs is the fact that you have to carry around an HM slave if you don't want your team to have a bunch of horrible moves.

I definitely agree with this. While I understand Game Freak's mentality of wanting to interact with your Pokémon, I feel that it's incredibly flawed because too many people are exploiting this by using HM slaves, which would generally be frowned upon inside the Pokémon universe itself, as well as by Game Freak if they knew (or cared).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

It's a staple though, so we'll see if they're willing to let go of it in the future. At least TMs are unlimited use now.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I would honestly dislike TMs as a limited resource unless I could buy or earn every single TM as many times as I'd like. If there was a finite amount of each TM, then it would be a huge hindrance to both competitive players and casual players alike.

Asariond

The People's Musketeer!
    Years
  • 6. Bellsprout is a capitalist plot to waste everyone's time.

As for TMs, from a gameplay perspective, it makes it easier but makes less sense. Why would a corporation change a device from being one-use to multi-use? They can then only sell it once per consumer as opposed to many times to a single consumer for more profit. Then again, with the proliferation of competitive gaming nowadays, it's pretty much necessary to ensure that particular team sets can be made, so a willing suspension of disbelief makes everything ok.
    Not to mention the fact that business sense in the Pokemon world is nonexistent anyway. You beat me, have half of my life savings! Oh, you have a shiny coin? ALL of the life savings!

Years

lmao you're over-thinking the situation. im pretty sure red is the only one who even gets a bike at that shop d:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Unlimited TMs I feel is more the competitive players than anything. Like what shark said, Limited TMs likely caused a lot of people who played competitive have to replay a game over and over or gameshark to get TMs they want for their competitive team. Because you don't just make one team and you're done. :U

Asariond

The People's Musketeer!
    Years
  • 0. HA. VICTORY FOR THE PEOPLE.

Free healthcare? Did someone mention THE NHS!?
    I'm aware it's paid for through tax, of course. Which brings up the question; does taxation exist in the Pokemon world? Is that how we get access to free healthcare? Maybe the Pokemart/Pokemon Centre system is actually all part of a centralised and self-sustaining planned economy, created to sustain a bread-and-circuses style system for the masses to distract people from the woefully inefficient law enforcement and apparent lack of democracy. In turn, maybe this is why you always have to stop the villainous team in Pokemon games: You aren't benefiting from a benevolent system, but you're simply the cog that keeps the gears of mass corruption spinning.

And that is a conspiracy theory to be proud of.

Asariond

The People's Musketeer!
    Years

There's something strangely enjoyable about killing off the Bellsprout line. I need to think of some sort of pun to mark the next success.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back